• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Survey .. 32,000 Millionaires in Dublin .. One in Forty

robut

One in 40 people living in Dublin a millionaire

ALT LINK to JOE.IE .. same story:

New survey claims that one in every 40 people in Dublin is a millionaire

Seems like the big scchhmoke is the place to be. One in 40 people is a Millionaire. Mainly this wealth has been earned in the Dublin Tech Scene.

Survey findings, revealed by Spear’s magazine and WealthInsight.

Great News ... WELL DONE YOU DUBS :D .. keep the engine running .. long may it last.

Mmm ... could I tap some of these people for a lend :D

EDIT: As has been pointed out by The Eagle of the Ninth, this appears to be a reboot from 2014. I popped it here because the IRISH TIMES, JOE.IE and RTE Drive Time were eluding this to a "NEW SURVEY". Mmmm .. why the reboot??

EG from Indo JULY 2014 .. same story?

One in 40 people living in Dublin is a millionaire, rich report finds

FURTHER EDIT:

Think I found out why the REBOOT.

From 2014 and 2016 stories at links above ..

Dublin is 13th on the list in 2014 .. It has moved to 10 in 2016

Number of millionaires in 2014 - 26,200
Number of millionaires in 2016 - 32,000

( Welcome to the new home for Hammer and Johnnypockets :D )

Last edited:

Truth.ie

Seems like the big scchhmoke is the place to be. One in 40 people is a Millionaire. Mainly this wealth has been earned in the Dublin Tech Scene.

Great News ... WELL DONE YOU DUBS :D .. keep the engine running .. long may it last.

I dont subscribe to I.T so cant read the link.
I'm guessing they calculated the value of the house into their "wealth".
Am I right?

GDPR

This is odd - your link is dated today with the survey posted 4 hours ago when I accessed it, but exactly the same survey was doing the rounds this time last year.

The IT was more cynical about it then..

Dublin

robut

This is odd - your link is dated today with the survey posted 4 hours ago when I accessed it, but exactly the same survey was doing the rounds this time last year.

The IT was more cynical about it then..

Dublin
They just discussed it on RTE about 15 minutes ago ..

Thats where I hear it

GDPR

They just discussed it on RTE about 15 minutes ago ..

Thats where I hear it

Google is your friend ... :)

First posted last year.

This looks like a bit of business puffery to me that gets dusted off every tine its necessary to talk up the economy.

SamsonS

And now they want me water too. For fecks sake, move the city the down the midlands, make us all rich, reverse rural decline, no shortage of water and sure even the Leinster championship would get a boost,

robut

Google is your friend ... :)

First posted last year.

This looks like a bit of business puffery to me that gets dusted off every tine its necessary to talk up the economy.
Yeah .. Well just do a twitter search for DUBLIN MILLIONAIRES at www.twitter.com/search

All current posts with various links. On RTE they had pundits on saying survey just released and all that. Champagne glasses clinking etc :D

What it does show is the huge economic divergence between Dublin and the rest of the country. Maybe its time for the Independent Republic of Dublin run as its own economy? Im sure many here would champion that one :D

ShoutingIsLeadership

Presumably all are public servants. Weren't we told that the PS had been protected during the bust, and the private sector suffered universal pay cuts, and many job losses?

Sister Mercedes

Having the right surname is probably worth over a million too. Many times that in a lot of cases.

Lúidín

Where does the money come from as it obviously isn't from the labour of the millionaires?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies