Surviving the Budget Cuts.

hmmm

What do you care or are you taking pleasure in hearing how other people will work through their misery?

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
What do you care or are you taking pleasure in hearing how other people will work through their misery?
What a strange response. Are you suffering badly, or just a natural grouch??

My children have children and I'm observing how they are managing to cope. Also helping out. Having experienced real hardtimes in the past.

Mitsui2

I was considering a sideline in armed robbery. A sort of FF-with-guns effort.

hmmm

Also helping out. Having experienced real hardtimes in the past.
Yeah yeah you walked 20 miles to school in the snow in June, we've heard it all before.

Maybe if pensioners took a small reduction in their living standards more deserving people wouldn't have to suffer so much with cuts.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
Yeah yeah you walked 20 miles to school in the snow in June, we've heard it all before.

Maybe if pensioners took a small reduction in their living standards more deserving people wouldn't have to suffer so much with cuts.
Still playing that ol' tune. We pensioners will take any hardship in our stride. Unlike the cry-babies here.

FreshStart

Some people are very upset that the newly unemployed, mortgaged to the hilt Irish citizens are always first in line for every cut. They are also being unfairly labeled as idlers, work-shy, a burden, a drain on society. Of course, back in the 1980s, we called a spade a spade! The unemployed were called SPONGERS. Remember that eloquent term?

Of course, no one wants the elderly to suffer but the newly unemployed need help and support and they are just not getting it. Everyone's fighting with everyone else because they're worried.

Personally, I don't shop and when I do, it's all carefully planned and executed. I'm hearing food prices are starting to soar in USA. They're preparing for hyperinflation. I'm starting to wonder if there is some global eugenics policy being unravelled. Or else, I'm losing the plot.

hiker

What will people here do to survive the budget cuts here in Ireland?

Supplement income by starting a little business, or money making hobby?

What luxuries will be terminated.

Lets see how badly off we really are.
Black Market.
Always worked before..

Éireann go Brách

Handy survival tip no 1.
If you have to kill a polar bear or seal for meat do not eat the liver
its posionious it contains extremely high levels of retinol.

Black Cat

I have some ideas as I have had pay cuts and down to fourteen grand a year but I expect it to be worse with tax rises. I have moved to a rural area and it is a lot easier not to waste money - no temptations.
My plan is get rid of the sky box and get free view (bf won't be happy - no football!)
I already buy thermals and knee high socks and only have the heat on a couple of hours a day - shop in Dunnes for clothes.
Keep my old fiesta going a few years extra and get bf to teach me rather than have more driving lessons.
I have reluctantly decided not to finish my education and do a degree as the cost of fees is five grand (this is the worst one for me).
Shop in Lidl more and less nice food (not so much organic) Eat more of the muddy spuds and veg my mum and brother in law try to foist on me that I secretly let go off in the cupboard).
Stop using my own printer ink etc for work, phone for work calls - put more genuine expenses down rather than just letting them go.
Come off medications and stop paying for doctor (don't expect to get a gp card renewed as heard the qualifiying bands are going to be narrrowed).
Spend less on relatives kids generally and christmas presents - no christmas tree.
Sell some paintings in the summer if the tourists continue to come.
Any other ideas would be great. So far economy in the kitchen is the only part I find mildly enjoyable.

Wondering how much beer the average male needs every week to stay happy- I'd say eight cans is plenty.

dresden8

Handy survival tip no 1.
If you have to kill a polar bear or seal for meat do not eat the liver
its posionious it contains extremely high levels of retinol.
And dog livers are lethal too. Vitamin poisoning, A or D, can't remember, can't be arsed looking it up.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
I have some ideas as I have had pay cuts and down to fourteen grand a year but I expect it to be worse with tax rises. I have moved to a rural area and it is a lot easier not to waste money - no temptations.
My plan is get rid of the sky box and get free view (bf won't be happy - no football!)
I already buy thermals and knee high socks and only have the heat on a couple of hours a day - shop in Dunnes for clothes.
Keep my old fiesta going a few years extra and get bf to teach me rather than have more driving lessons.
I have reluctantly decided not to finish my education and do a degree as the cost of fees is five grand (this is the worst one for me).
Shop in Lidl more and less nice food (not so much organic) Eat more of the muddy spuds and veg my mum and brother in law try to foist on me that I secretly let go off in the cupboard).
Stop using my own printer ink etc for work, phone for work calls - put more genuine expenses down rather than just letting them go.
Come off medications and stop paying for doctor (don't expect to get a gp card renewed as heard the qualifiying bands are going to be narrrowed).
Spend less on relatives kids generally and christmas presents - no christmas tree.
Sell some paintings in the summer if the tourists continue to come.
Any other ideas would be great. So far economy in the kitchen is the only part I find mildly enjoyable.

Wondering how much beer the average male needs every week to stay happy- I'd say eight cans is plenty.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

We have become so accustomed to luxuries it's now difficult to let them go.
I wouldn't cut down on the heating too much though.

Last edited:

New Threads