Suspicious package found on board US bound flight

gijoe

Found on board the cargo aircraft in the UK while enroute to the US. Several other cargo planes being checked in the US. Packages containing suspect devices originated in Yemen.

Nipper

Found on board the cargo aircraft in the UK while enroute to the US. Several other cargo planes being checked in the US. Packages containing suspect devices originated in Yemen.
Link?

Sierra

It is only a security alert at present, no bomb has been found - only reports of a suspicious object.

Cargo sparks security alert at US and UK airports

An unconfirmed report by CNN said that an improvised explosive device had been discovered on a UPS flight to Chicago from Yemen when it was stopped in the UK.

CNN said the alert in London centred on an ink toner cartridge converted into a bomb.

But reports quoting US officials said initial tests had proved negative for explosives.

asset test

I have often wondered how rigid the security screening is on checked in baggage.

I realise this is a cargo plane, but the crew might have been killed.

When you or I check our bags into the hold, are they screened? I doubt they get the same scrutiny as accompanied hand baggage at the security, 100 mils plastic bag, x ray, shoes and belts off routine.

kenneth

The coverage of this on sky is a joke. The woman who was masquerading as some kind of expert on the issue said Yemen is in North Africa which it isn't. She also said the christmas day bomber was from Yemen, he wasn't he was from Nigeria. During the three minutes of the interview they mentioned yemen as much as possible and repeatedly stated it's a security risk. Scaremongering in motion. Can't help but feel the media are outlining the pretext for western forces to take some kind of action against yet another oil ridden arab nation.

Mister men

The coverage of this on sky is a joke. The woman who was masquerading as some kind of expert on the issue said Yemen is in North Africa which it isn't. She also said the christmas day bomber was from Yemen, he wasn't he was from Nigeria. During the three minutes of the interview they mentioned yemen as much as possible and repeatedly stated it's a security risk. Scaremongering in motion. Can't help but feel the media are outlining the pretext for western forces to take some kind of action against yet another oil ridden arab nation.
Pathetic is'nt it.

kerdasi amaq

OK, so Obongo now has to pay a visit to Yemen to track down this mad bomber.

More fun and games for the U.S. military in nasty terrain.

I don't suppose that the packages were addressed to the White House, with a note, "Hi, Obongo, love and kisses, Rahm".

idle tim

Sky wouldnt want to let facts get in the way of a good story now,would they?.A station obsessed with its "heros wall"and promoting a militaristic agenda,they should balance that with a wall of shame in memory of the thousands of innocents murdered in the so called "War on Terror",come to think of it,that weight of shame would be to much for them to handle!

Goober

My guess is it wasn’t planned by a Christian or Mormon network.

Fed Up

Funnily enough this happens when British Airport Authorities are talking this week about relaxing security and bringing it back to something more normal (pre 9/11).

Sigh... i hate conspiracy theories but I'm finding it very hard now not to see one screaming at me right now.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies