Sustained and vicious sectarian attacks on the Fountain Estate in Londonderry fail to make headlines.

Craigmore..

Sustained and vicious sectarian attacks on the Fountain Estate in Londonderry fail to make headlines.

For at least three nights now the small besieged community of Men, Women and children has been under violent attack from so called non sectarian Republicans. The media are quite reluctant to call this attack for what it is. Sectarianism. A sectarian attack on a small encircled community. No mention of the s-word until the bottom of the report although the motives are unquestionable. Attacks wrote off as 'anti-social behaviour' and silence from a multitude of politician's including the SDLP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44755829

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorthUprg/status/1016035605153832963

This is Ireland of equals folks. You have to look no further than every summer to witness the hatred directed at the Unionist community.

SweenyTodd

For at least three nights now the small besieged community of Men, Women and children has been under violent attack from so called non sectarian Republicans. The media are quite reluctant to call this attack for what it is. Sectarianism. A sectarian attack on a small encircled community. No mention of the s-word until the bottom of the report although the motives are unquestionable. Attacks wrote off as 'anti-social behaviour' and silence from a multitude of politician's including the SDLP.

This is Ireland of equals folks. You have to look no further than every summer to witness the hatred directed at the Unionist community.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/police-deployed-after-attack-in-derry-housing-estate-853814.html

FOURGREENFIELDS

I condemn the attack on the Fountain BUT Loyalists in Derry have been involved in a campaign of organised sectarian attacks on Catholics in the city over the past 12 months. Catholics in the Waterside are on permanent look out for Unionist/Loyalist attacks while the Fountain and other Loyalist estates erect the murderous Paratrooper flags to goad and insult the Derry Catholic population. This is fallout and a total reaction to antagonistic PUL behaviour who have brought it on themselves.

vinoboy

I condemn the attack on the Fountain BUT Loyalists in Derry have been involved in a campaign of organised sectarian attacks on Catholics in the city over the past 12 months. Catholics in the Waterside are on permanent look out for Unionist/Loyalist attacks while the Fountain and other Loyalist estates erect the murderous Paratrooper flags to goad and insult the Derry Catholic population. This is fallout and a total reaction to antagonistic PUL behaviour who have brought it on themselves.
IRA supporter speaks.

FOURGREENFIELDS

IRA supporter speaks.
Oh absolutely I am a supporter of organised Irish reaction to British/PUL tyranny and genocide, I make NO apologies for it. In fact those brave Irish volunteers who fought against the British pogroms and their Unionist/Loyalist satellites should be given medals in my opinion. For months the Nationalist community in Derry have been telling the PSNI that their reaction to UDA criminality and sectarian attacks in Derry, East Derry and North Antrim is totally inadequate. The UDA have been allowed to murder, deal drugs, extort, intimidate and harass the Catholic and ethnic communities at will AND the PSNI have ignored this. PUL's in the Fountain estate and Waterside have put up flags supporting the Paras and goading Nationalists so what is happening now is no surprise. I repeat that PUL's in Derry have brought this on to their own doorstep by their antics and I have little sympathy, in fact none.

Last edited:

death or glory

Oh absolutely I am a supporter of organised Irish reaction to British/PUL tyranny and genocide, I make NO apologies for it. In fact those brave Irish volunteers who fought against the British pogroms and their Unionist/Loyalist satellites should be given medals in my opinion. For months the Nationalist community in Derry have been telling the PSNI that their reaction to UDA criminality and sectarian attacks in Derry, East Derry and North Antrim is totally inadequate. The UDA have been allowed to murder, deal drugs, extort, intimidate and harass the Catholic and ethnic communities at will AND the PSNI have ignored this. PUL's in the Fountain estate and Waterside have put up flags supporting the Paras and goading Nationalists so what is happening now is no surprise. I repeat that PUL's in Derry have brought this on to their own doorstep by their antics and I have little sympathy, in fact none.
Typical reb blame the prods for everything.
Sectarian attack by Rebs- they brought this on themselves.
At least he has one of the three honesty.
I haven't met a reb yet who has Respect, honesty and integrity.

Craigmore..

All makey up activities with no link's.

One of the nats will have brought it in themselves when they get done.

death or glory

cricket

Have a clear recollection of Durkan of the SDLP condemning this about two days ago. Will try to find it.

CastleRay

Just wee hoods with little support, there's never been intimidation of the minority on the west bank of the Foyle, whatabout that big bonfire and the Brits for 800 years. That should cover this thread.

vivabrigada

former wesleyan

Don't want to seem nitpicky but that's not quite , em , true ? As is evident from the BBC link.

McSlaggart

What action do you think should occur on the people who break he law during the marching season?

McSlaggart

Just wee hoods with little support, there's never been intimidation of the minority on the west bank of the Foyle, whatabout that big bonfire and the Brits for 800 years. That should cover this thread.
What action do you think the PSNI should take on the people who are carrying out this crime?

AhNowStop

Typical reb blame the prods for everything.
Sectarian attack by Rebs- they brought this on themselves.
At least he has one of the three honesty.
I haven't met a reb yet who has Respect, honesty and integrity.
three things which are distant strangers to the likes of you btw...

Craigmore..

Don't want to seem nitpicky but that's not quite , em , true ? As is evident from the BBC link.
Token condemnation. Address sectarianism from violent young Republicans for what it is instead of dressing it up as anti-social behaviour. The Violence is proof that there is still systematically something wrong in the Bogside. There is something festering and nobody wants to address it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies