• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Sweden closes Embassy in Dublin. How should we react?

Clanrickard

SideysGhost

Invade them! Payback for the 8th-11th centuries! And they thought we'd forgotten... :evil:

euroboy

I find the diplomacy issue within the EU to be quiet odd. The EU has altered the relationship between member states and its citizens, yet we have old style diplomacy, embassies and ambassadors with immunity as if each member state was a third country.

Perhaps we should end all diplomatic priveliges within the EU for one anothers' embassies and work on a cultural institute and citizen information centre model.

And maybe an EU office for non host EU citizens in another member state, if they get into a spot of bother.

Panopticon

How about a compromise? Close our embassy in Stockholm, then declare war.

CookieMonster

What would we do with the 500 Irish embassy staff in Stockholm?
We have 500 embassy staff in Stockholm? Why in the name of God do we need that many?

MsAnneThrope

How about a compromise? Close our embassy in Stockholm, then declare war.
I disagree. Keep the embassy open but appoint Joe Burke as ambassador. I hear he's not busy these days...

Cael

Why anyone would bother to open an embassy in the 26 county free state I don't know.

cry freedom

Send them a consignment of helmets with the horns on the inside.
Apologies to Blackadder.

Fraxinus_

Why are FG kicking up such a fuss? They're the ones encouraging a united states of Europe, what's the point of embassies when we are so close to being one big super state.

John Kalahan

This means the commercial department of their embassy is closed too

Why are FG kicking up such a fuss? They're the ones encouraging a united states of Europe, what's the point of embassies when we are so close to being one big super state.
This means the commercial department of their embassy is closed too.

cry freedom

Ban the sale of Abba records !

CookieMonster

Considering the **** up they've made of this, I think we should hang on for a while longer.

brughahaha

Do we need embassies in any EU states... is it not an abject waste of money, a throwback to before the invention of the Telephone and Aeroplane?

Swedens right to close all the small and unimportant embassies ,

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies