Sweden hit by unemployment disaster.

O

Oscurito

There are grim news coming in from Sweden this morning. Ericsson has announced that it will cut 4,000 jobs from its workforce in the country. A once-off loss of four thousand jobs would be a huge blow for any country. This kind of loss can mean far jobs being lost in related industries and services. However, for a country the size of Sweden with about 10 million people, the blow will be proportionately harder to bear.

The town of Borås where Ericsson has a manufacturing plant is likely to be hardest hit with rumours suggesting that the plant will be closed down completely.

TheLocal.se: Ericsson to cut up to 4,000 jobs in Sweden: report

PBP voter

Sweden has uenmployed of around 20-25% these days. They hide it well with dead end schemes.

In May 2006, the McKinsey Global Institute published a 252-page analysis of
the Swedish economy. One of the report's most frequently cited findings was
that the "de-facto" unemployment rate in Sweden in 2004 was between 15 and
17 percent, about three times higher than the official unemployment rate of 5.4
percent in that year (McKinsey Global Institute, 2006, Exhibit 6)

ShoutingIsLeadership

Your thread will get much more traction if you can find an anti-immigration angle

Half Nelson

There are grim news coming in from Sweden this morning. Ericsson has announced that it will cut 4,000 jobs from its workforce in the country. A once-off loss of four thousand jobs would be a huge blow for any country. This kind of loss can mean far jobs being lost in related industries and services. However, for a country the size of Sweden with about 10 million people, the blow will be proportionately harder to bear.

The town of Borås where Ericsson has a manufacturing plant is likely to be hardest hit with rumours suggesting that the plant will be closed down completely.

TheLocal.se: Ericsson to cut up to 4,000 jobs in Sweden: report
Isn't Ericsson a large employer in Ireland?

edit:
Ericsson is one of Europe's biggest technology companies and is an important employer here, where it has around 1,400 staff split between its Software Campus in Athlone and Services Campus in Clonskeagh.
The hundreds of highly skilled roles in Athlone in ­particular make it a hugely important regional employer.

Government sources expressed concern about the prospect of redundancies but stressed that there has no indication that such job losses are on the cards.
Fears for jobs here as telecoms giant Ericsson plans cuts - Independent.ie

flavirostris

Just as the immigrant welfare bill has reached all time highs as well. The Swedes who lost their jobs were helping to pay for all the muslim immigrants.

silverharp

A strangely very solvent country

valamhic

Jobs moved to China no doubt , and you'se all think Trump is crazy?

valamhic

Just as the immigrant welfare bill has reached all time highs as well. The Swedes who lost their jobs were helping to pay for all the muslim immigrants.
One great thing about the decline of Sweden is that they will no longer be help up as a roll model for us to follow their commie ways

flavirostris

One great thing about the decline of Sweden is that they will no longer be help up as a roll model for us to follow their commie ways
If only that were true. Irish leftists & SJWs continue to hold up Sweden as the role model for everything ( Ivana Bacik being a notable example ), even though the country is being destroyed from the inside out by multiculturalism and suicidal immigration policies.

The lesson of Sweden is that radical feminism and multiculturalism leads to the unravelling and slow death of a country.

PBP voter

A strangely very solvent country

FF/FG style accounting going on in Sweden.

Just like their laughable claim of 5-6% unemployment.

McTell

Twitter
No

Bubbleheaded

I wouldn't worry about Sweden. Once all those doctors, engineers, teachers and entrepreneurs they imported recently get their heads together the country will be the envy of the world. After all didn't they invent algebra or something?

O

Oscurito

If only that were true. Irish leftists & SJWs continue to hold up Sweden as the role model for everything ( Ivana Bacik being a notable example ), even though the country is being destroyed from the inside out by multiculturalism and suicidal immigration policies.

The lesson of Sweden is that radical feminism and multiculturalism leads to the unravelling and slow death of a country.
There is much commentary out there on websites of a certain type about Sweden's recent decline in HDI ranking. I can't find anything authoritative.

silverharp

FF/FG style accounting going on in Sweden.

Just like their laughable claim of 5-6% unemployment.
I get how unemployment stats can be manipulated but looking quickly I don't see any huge games going on here, they are saintly and chaste compared to Italy . I can see problems in the future as productivity drops and their dependency levels sky rocket, it will be a bloodbath in 10 or 15 years

flavirostris

There is much commentary out there on websites of a certain type about Sweden's recent decline in HDI ranking. I can't find anything authoritative.
They've definitely plummeted in the educational rankings. I wonder if the Ericsson cutbacks will affect the Irish workforce. The Athlone operation employs over 1000 I think and there would be a similar number in Dublin.

I know Ericsson have been taking a hammering from the likes of Huawei who are basically cloning their products and undercutting them in the global Telecoms market.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies