• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Swiss Red Cross cuts blood supply to Greece

Iphonista

The news from Greece isn't getting any better. It has emerged this afternoon that the Swiss Red Cross is so concerned about unpaid bills from the Greek government that it is sharply reducing its bloody supply to the crisis-hit Mediterranean country.

The SWiss Red Cross is a non-profit entity but was worried about the financial risk it was exposed to with Greece. While outstanding bills have now been cleared, it's believed that the time taken to obtain payment has led to this highly unusual decision.

Swiss Red Cross cuts blood supply to broke Greece - RTÉ News

D

Dylan2010

are they still making those payments to the Germans for those pointless subs they bought a few years back..I'm sure they come first.

dizillusioned

You cannot do anything in Greece at the moment without cash.

Hospitals want payment for everything, the insurance companies are not paying the hospitals, the patient is forced to pay everything at this stage.

While I know many have little sympathy for Greece and all the tax issues etc., there ARE people in dire need there. Athens is like something from a war zone. Between Syntagma and Omonea Squares the amount of derelict shops and burnt out cinemas is staggering. I think in that almost 1 mile walk, there are a handful of shops. Huge premises lay empty, the main shopping street has many boarded up stores. Even Thenasis in Monestaraki is deadly quite (this has been selling souvlaki for donkeys years (no pun intended))

The whole city is closed stores and empty buildings. People cannot afford the assessments on apartment buildings for oil and hence there is no heat.

On a people level, you have to be very worried for many in Greece

Hitch 22

You cannot do anything in Greece at the moment without cash.

Hospitals want payment for everything, the insurance companies are not paying the hospitals, the patient is forced to pay everything at this stage.

While I know many have little sympathy for Greece and all the tax issues etc., there ARE people in dire need there. Athens is like something from a war zone. Between Syntagma and Omonea Squares the amount of derelict shops and burnt out cinemas is staggering. I think in that almost 1 mile walk, there are a handful of shops. Huge premises lay empty, the main shopping street has many boarded up stores. Even Thenasis in Monestaraki is deadly quite (this has been selling souvlaki for donkeys years (no pun intended))

The whole city is closed stores and empty buildings. People cannot afford the assessments on apartment buildings for oil and hence there is no heat.

On a people level, you have to be very worried for many in Greece
[video=youtube;qKu2sq732q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKu2sq732q4[/video]

Mossy Heneberry

The news from Greece isn't getting any better. It has emerged this afternoon that the Swiss Red Cross is so concerned about unpaid bills from the Greek government that it is sharply reducing its bloody supply to the crisis-hit Mediterranean country.

The SWiss Red Cross is a non-profit entity but was worried about the financial risk it was exposed to with Greece. While outstanding bills have now been cleared, it's believed that the time taken to obtain payment has led to this highly unusual decision.

Swiss Red Cross cuts blood supply to broke Greece - RTÉ News
No it is not. There is no such thing.

Iphonista

I know it sounds harsh but when you look at stuff like corruption and ease of doing business, there is no reason why Greece should have a GDP per capita roughly twice that of its neighbours. Indeed if anything, Greece should be poorer than them

Mossy Heneberry

I'm just quoting RTE. Why should there be no such thing as a non profit making entity?
if a company doesn't make a profit it goes out of business, that goes for charities as well.

Anyway, I don't want to take away from the plight of the Greeks so I think we should stay on topic.

Roll_On

Seeds of revolution in Greece, good for them. Meanwhile in Ireland we take on billions of private debt that we didn't owe in the first place at a slightly reduced interest rate, that was never agreed by the Irish people and it's a massive success story.

Cynicist

Na, we've turned a corner.

Basically, we all partied. But Ireland isn't Greece, so we turned a corner. Pay attention, Man!
We are well know for horse flesh so we should abandon beefing and go the whole hog for horse rearing. We can have the country over-run with them in no time and control the market. Now that everyone has had a taste for it sure there will be hugh demand and our man coveney will be on the pigs back leading us to economic success certainty. Odds will be shortening soon so get on it before Paddy C calls it a closed shop.

nonpartyboy

The EU is definitely sowing the seeds of the 4th reich, all is takes is somebody who creates that spark in people and a people who have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Ireland is not greece, because we are still on life support until we does something the eu/ecb/imf doesn't like.......i hope you are all preparing.

Popular Threads

Most Replies