Sympathy for the "British"

McSlaggart

Brexit : Is this a new comedy that they are filming and not letting on??
  • Miss May
  • boris johnson Foreign Minister....(seriously)
  • David Davis

As an Irish person from Tyrone I have had to accept that I am feeling sympathy for the British. We may have to rewrite the history books to take account that the British main flaw is incompetence.

DavidCaldwell

• Miss May
  • David Davis

As an Irish person from Tyrone I have had to accept that I am feeling sympathy for the British. We may have to rewrite the history books to take account that the British main flaw is incompetence.
Maybe rewrite the history books to take account of the fact that British people are much like Irish people or people anywhere.

Socratus O' Pericles

It’ll all be a bang average tray of fudge in the end.

McSlaggart

Maybe rewrite the history books to take account of the fact that British people are much like Irish people or people anywhere.
If you can get the British to do that then good luck.

The British are still using Miles .....

GDPR

• Miss May
  • David Davis

Whether you like or not as an Irish person in Tyrone you are part of the UK.

The fact is that Brexit means once Corbyn gets in that the to quote Mo Molwan "house keeping" that should have been done on the Pro-Union side after the Troubles will most likely get finally done. Plus Northern Ireland now stands a chance of enjoying what other UK people enjoyed in the 50s, 60s and 70s but we didn't because in the 50s and 60s we were ruled by Orange Order scum and in the 1970s we had a low intensity war going on.

Levellers

It's great knock-about comedy.

It is brilliant English farce and you expect Brian Rix to appear any minute.

PBP voter

Meh.

Once it buries Irish farmers it will be great.

Hopefully no deal and WTO rules.

McSlaggart

I didn't say that you weren't Irish, I just said that live in the UK which is a political reality.
What you talking about?? Tyrone people come from Tyrone! As for political reality in Tyrone we have MLA's and an MP who get payed for doing nothing. Man that is one expensive job creation scheme. You go admire the Brits.

GDPR

What you talking about?? Tyrone people come from Tyrone! As for political reality in Tyrone we have MLA's and an MP who get payed for doing nothing. Man that is one expensive job creation scheme. You go admire the Brits.
The fact that Tyrone is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You cannot wish that reality away just like I cannot wish away from where I am in the Republic of Ireland that I live under the jackboot of Brussels.

McSlaggart

The fact that Tyrone is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You cannot wish that reality away just like I cannot wish away from where I am in the Republic of Ireland that I live under the jackboot of Brussels.
Sorry Ratio seriously I know that Tyrone is in the "UK". I just do not care. The British do not wish to run Northern Ireland and its another reason to have Sympathy for them. They thought they was keeping the Industrial power house of the Island and Unionists turned the place into an industrial backwater.

The DUP are keeping the Conservatives in power :oops:

automaticforthepeople

• Miss May
  • David Davis

I'd have no sympathy for the British. The people who gave the world so much were left with their last gift to donate and guess what that is? Pure ignorance is the answer.
Sadly nobody is interested as the rest of the nations are having to cope with the fall out. Have sympathy with the Irish or Scots who are being dragged down into the mire or the Germans who have singled handedly tried to ensure that Europe had some light on for the last 4 years.

But the British? They/ve become the most selfish self deluded nation in history. Good luck to them in their trade deal negotiations with Brazil for Foot and Mouth ridden beef.

raetsel

Normally I'd agree, but not over the last few years, they are not.
A majority of British people are entirely unrealistic about their future in isolation to the point of being delusional, and their choice of leadership reflects the malaise. Astonishingly, you have a Conservative Foreign Secretary who, without a shred of hyperbole, would actually be more at home in the Monster Raving Loony Party. And even more astonishingly, you are discussing the replacement of a fairly sane, but utterly incompetent Prime Minister with that same Foreign Secretary and the only other front runner seems to be a Wodehousian fruitcake in the form of Jacob Rees Mogg. But hey, by Jove, I'm enjoying the irony that he's a Romanist, (which will send the DUP ballistic) when what you really need is a Remoanist. :p

A REASON

The majority of brits don't have sympathy for the millions who suffered under the terror inflicted by their empire why should anyone have sympathy for them? Ever?

razorblade

Why would anyone other than west Brits feel any sympathy for Britain after the horrors they inflicted on this island, the sad thing is there's morons who want us all being ruled from London again.

mr_anderson

Why would anyone other than west Brits feel any sympathy for Britain after the horrors they inflicted on this island, the sad thing is there's morons who want us all being ruled from London again.
I hold no grudge either way.
The British who inflicted horrors on this country are long dead.
And I don't hold their present lineage accountable.

Even when it comes to the North, having lived and worked in the UK, I can assure you the vast majority would vote to get rid of it given the chance.

The only reason the UK hold NI is because the Unionists demand it.
Mainland Britain doesn't want it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies