Sympathy for the "British"

Socratus O' Pericles

I remember the British queen being cross with miss May not telling her the plans for what Brexit. Hard to tell someone your plans when we now know they did not have any.

I remember Noel Fielding telling David Williams once that catchphrases aren’t necessarily comedy, slogans aren’t necessarily politics either.

Last edited:

Round tower

Feel pity for the young people say the 18 to 40 age group that in 20/30 years time when the real horrors of Brexit becomes clear and they have to tell the younger generations of what the older generations voted for something they voted against

Plebian

For the average British it must be headwrecking, a bit like our economic and political crisis where you didn't know from where more insanity would emerge to make you feel despair.

This Brexit lark would be fine if they could just get it done and dusted, they'll pick up the pieces good or bad in the long run and things will return to normal there. But boy what a journey it's becoming and what a freak show the drivers of the bus are.

Picture the buffoon Boris emerging as PM and then imagine that he was your PM.

GDPR

Sorry Ratio seriously I know that Tyrone is in the "UK". I just do not care. The British do not wish to run Northern Ireland and its another reason to have Sympathy for them. They thought they was keeping the Industrial power house of the Island and Unionists turned the place into an industrial backwater.

The DUP are keeping the Conservatives in power :eek:ops:
If I was in charge the DUP would find themselves illegal. You are right about turning the place into a backwater but take it up with "between the bridges" and not me, I have stated clearly that the PIRA's campaign was definitely right up until 28 March 1972 after that I think people of intelligence and good will can disagree about it (discussion of the Troubles on this forum nearly always sheds more heat than light so I'm not interested in going there).

The DUP and Conservative Party marriage is objectively as funny as the whole Oglach Seamus Byrson affair. However I cannot see it lasting very long.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Brexit : Is this a new comedy that they are filming and not letting on??
  • Miss May
  • boris johnson Foreign Minister....(seriously)
  • David Davis

As an Irish person from Tyrone I have had to accept that I am feeling sympathy for the British. We may have to rewrite the history books to take account that the British main flaw is incompetence.
Brexit - like as Nero played his fiddle as Rome burned around him.

the secretary

I don't have wan ounce of sympathy for them.
That list of names makes me laugh.

Banjo Baker

• Miss May
  • David Davis

As an Irish person from Tyrone I have had to accept that I am feeling sympathy for the British. We may have to rewrite the history books to take account that the British main flaw is incompetence.
So incompetent that they only ran half the bloody world for a couple of centuries.

Seriously sir, if the British are 'incompetent' then what does that make us?

Banjo Baker

Feel pity for the young people say the 18 to 40 age group that in 20/30 years time when the real horrors of Brexit becomes clear and they have to tell the younger generations of what the older generations voted for something they voted against
Who's to say there will be an EU in 30 years.

They seemed to get on pretty well in the centuries prior to joining the EU.

Plebian

why would you be symphatic that a state is retaking its sovereignty and independence?

It's a wee bit more complicated than them just retaking their sovereignty. The place is in the horrors leadership-wise. At a time when they need to be their old ruthless and perfidious selves, they're being run by squabbling prima-donnas who are well insulated from the economic consequences of their own actions.

Telstar 62

Doesn't take too long for the Irish to go all superior, arrogant, sneering
and condescending.:p

No doubt we will revert to accusing the British of those self same 'traditional'
traits some day soon!!!:lol:

Tribal

why would you be symphatic that a state is retaking its sovereignty and independence?
It really depends on your definition of sovereignty. When you rule over a 1/4 of humanity as the Brits did a century ago then obviously you'd be a happy Brit if British sovereignty means you dictate terms on everyone else.

Tribal

No doubt we will revert to accusing the British of those self same 'traditional'
This is a EU/UK matter.

Nitrogen

Whether you like or not as an Irish person in Tyrone you are part of the UK.

The fact is that Brexit means once Corbyn gets in that the to quote Mo Molwan "house keeping" that should have been done on the Pro-Union side after the Troubles will most likely get finally done. Plus Northern Ireland now stands a chance of enjoying what other UK people enjoyed in the 50s, 60s and 70s but we didn't because in the 50s and 60s we were ruled by Orange Order scum and in the 1970s we had a low intensity war going on.
Tyrone is part of the UK, but hasn't been part of Britain since the end of the last Ice Age.

Britannia insula est.

(Of course the Isle of Wight and the Isle of Skye aren't part of Britain either, although are of course part of the British Isles, as is Tyrone and for that matter Cork.)

Socratus O' Pericles

It's a wee bit more complicated than them just retaking their sovereignty. The place is in the horrors leadership-wise. At a time when they need to be their old ruthless and perfidious selves, they're being run by squabbling prima-donnas who are well insulated from the economic consequences of their own actions.
Classic photo though, you can imagine what senior French and German officials make of this clown..................keep him in the room for hours, days , weeks............. he'll explode.

Plebian

Pot meet kettle...

Socratus O' Pericles

Still when you have a tap in to an empty net from two yards, you'd be foolish not to take it........... same rules apply or eryone

Sweet Darling

• Miss May
  • David Davis

History tells us that the British always muddle through.

McSlaggart

So incompetent that they only ran half the bloody world for a couple of centuries.
They spent their time gaining and losing places. They did have an advantage of most raw materials to make modern equipment on their little Island particularly coal which was relatively easy to get at.

PS: Other countries in EU had more impressive empires.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies