• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

T.D.'s look after themselves again........and you pay for it

controller

FORMER politicians who win back their Dail seats will be able to re-enter a gold-plated pension scheme. Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin has signed a new order that will see all new public servants and new politicians getting much-reduced pensions -- but he made an exception for returning politicians.

The brass neck of the f.en pygmy. I think that he is thinking of all his fellow Labour politicians, who will lose their seats, and then regain them, as the Irish public has a notorious short memory. I await the reasoning, and the political support that he will receive off some of the posters on this site.......I'm sure that they will be along soon

TDs who regain seat will enjoy 'golden' pension - National News - Independent.ie

Analyzer

Why don't the Looper Party cut straight to the chase and give an inheritance tax exemption for younger family members inheriting their parents/uncle's/aunt's place in the family political seat in the Dail ?

realistic1

FORMER politicians who win back their Dail seats will be able to re-enter a gold-plated pension scheme. Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin has signed a new order that will see all new public servants and new politicians getting much-reduced pensions -- but he made an exception for returning politicians.

The brass neck of the f.en pygmy. I think that he is thinking of all his fellow Labour politicians, who will lose their seats, and then regain them, as the Irish public has a notorious short memory. I await the reasoning, and the political support that he will receive off some of the posters on this site.......I'm sure that they will be along soon

TDs who regain seat will enjoy 'golden' pension - National News - Independent.ie

Don't say you were one of them foolish voters who fell for this 'new politics' ************************e, that was spouted before the last election.

mary_queen_of_the_gael

But people voted Labour and vigorously defend policies such as these here. It is helping the worse off and the deserving.

jo9jo

Our electoral system is flawed in that a politician can lose his seat because the electorate want to teach him a lesson because he was not involved in parish pump politics.
A lot of Labour TDs will lose their seats because they do not partake in gombeen politics and have the national interests at heart.

Our former Taoiseach also put the country before party and got punished for it.

When will we learn that Dáil Éireann is a national parliament and has to look after the interests of the whole country and parish pump politics has no place in Dáil Éireann.

I think returning TD should have no financial disadvantage as we need the finest and brightest minds to get us out of the financial mess we currently find ourselves in.

We are currently doing very well and there will be more pain along the way but we have brighter days ahead.

commonman

Our electoral system is flawed in that a politician can lose his seat because the electorate want to teach him a lesson because he was not involved in parish pump politics.
A lot of Labour TDs will lose their seats because they do not partake in gombeen politics and have the national interests at heart.

When will we learn that Dáil Éireann is a national parliament and has to look after the interests of the whole country and parish pump politics has no place in Dáil Éireann.

I think returning TD should have no financial disadvantage as we need the finest and brightest minds to get us out of the financial mess we currently find ourselves in.

We are currently doing very well and there will be more pain along the way but we have brighter days ahead.
The finest and brightest minds got us in to this mess.

mary_queen_of_the_gael

Labour are the enemies of Ireland and, as this thread shows, think primarily about themselves.
"We" have brighter days ahead if "we" are Labour Party politicians legislating through benefits for ourselves.
The best and brightest are not in the Labour Party.
I watched mafia Hits on Meyer Lansky, the Jewish financier who worked with Italian gangsters. The FBI said he only looked smart because the others were so dumb and semi-literate. Swap Irish Labour for Cosa Nostra and you get the picture. Thick, self indulgent thugs and anyone with a shred of PR cred can look good amongst those hypocrites.

potholedogger

Why don't the Looper Party cut straight to the chase and give an inheritance tax exemption for younger family members inheriting their parents/uncle's/aunt's place in the family political seat in the Dail ?
There is no inheritance tax on succeeding to the family dail seat.

The Old Woman

Doing well?

DCon

A bank going wallop got us into this mess.
Did the banks fail to regulate themselves or was it government policy (decided by the politicians at the time who were capable of thought) to not regulate them?

enuffisenuff

Easy problem to solve..never let the f*ckers back in......

ger12

"Agriculture Minister Simon Coveney this week called on former politicians to forfeit their pensions."

Chuckle. FFS.

Didimus

So..

The main part this story is as follows:
" From yesterday anyone joining any part of the public sector, and anyone newly elected to the Dail, Senate or presidency will now have a new lower pension which will be based on their earnings over their entire career.Along with a new career-average pension, the contributions levels will double to 13pc.
The retirement age will also move gradually to 68."

Public sector pensions, for those entering the system from now on, including any new TD's, are to be reformed to involve higher contributions, less benefits and an increase in retirement age.
As would be normal those who are in current pension arrangements will not see any change.
Nice spin by the Indo.

louis bernard

A bank going wallop got us into this mess.
Bull************************ and you know it. But in any case “a bank going wallop” had nothing to do with our appalling budget deficit which Fianna Fáil allowed to get out of control. Benchmarking Bertie et al destroyed this country and unfortunately the Irish electorate is too thick to realise that, they returned them with 19 seats, enough to keep them alive.

Analyzer

I have to say, I find your sarcasm biting....

Though do you really think that there would be muppets out there that would actually think like that ?

elliebee

So..

The main part this story is as follows:
" From yesterday anyone joining any part of the public sector, and anyone newly elected to the Dail, Senate or presidency will now have a new lower pension which will be based on their earnings over their entire career.Along with a new career-average pension, the contributions levels will double to 13pc.
The retirement age will also move gradually to 68."
Public sector pensions, for those entering the system from now on, including any new TD's, are to be reformed to involve higher contributions, less benefits and an increase in retirement age.
As would be normal those who are in current pension arrangements will not see any change.
Nice spin by the Indo.
I don't believe that is written in stone and can be changed again in the future at the stroke of a pen. I've no doubt when the dust settles there will be many ways in which these new changes can be reversed to suit the 'non-working' class.

Blossie

Is there no level these fluckers won't stoop to, they have no morals or integrity.