• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

StarryPlough01

Numbers? The CHAZ antifa thugs are way ahead of them proportionately after a couple of weeks, with very few people to "police".

You are attempting to deflect from police brutality / police state. :sneaky: I'm not interested in discussing the diverse groups that might make up antifa - at least on this thread.

bob3344

You are attempting to deflect from police brutality / police state. :sneaky: I'm not interested in discussing the diverse groups that might make up antifa - at least on this thread.

police brutality / police state is a myth.

The statistics don't back it up.

What you have is 99% decent cops & some bad eggs who are dealt with by the system.

10 unarmed african americans killed by cops in 2019, 10 from a population of 44 million, and vast majority were resisting arrest.

The only victims that matter are the ones that can be used for emotional blackmail, Antifa victims ? Just collateral damage it seems.

A Voice

I'm simply pointing to a newly available comparison. Antifa have already killed in their new vocation as police.
Consider the many millions of interactions the real police have had with hardened criminals and others over the years. And then look at the fatalities. Very impressive record, amid an armed populace.

You whine about police brutality but it doesn't sound like you'd last long in an autonomous zone controlled by your lefty mob pals.

StarryPlough01

police brutality / police state is a myth.

The statistics don't back it up.

What you have is 99% decent cops & some bad eggs who are dealt with by the system.

10 unarmed african americans killed by cops in 2019, 10 from a population of 44 million, and vast majority were resisting arrest.

The only victims that matter are the ones that can be used for emotional blackmail, Antifa victims ? Just collateral damage it seems.

You're white, aren't you? I thought so.

StarryPlough01

I'm simply pointing to a newly available comparison. Antifa have already killed in their new vocation as police.
Consider the many millions of interactions the real police have had with hardened criminals and others over the years. And then look at the fatalities. Very impressive record, amid an armed populace.

You whine about police brutality but it doesn't sound like you'd last long in an autonomous zone controlled by your lefty mob pals.

The ground I stand upon is a liberated zone. 'The armies of those I love, engirth me and I engirth them.'

bob3344

You're white, aren't you? I thought so.

Great 'argument'

10 unarmed black people killed in 2019 out of 44 million black people & 800,00 police officers.

Police state ? Go sell crazy somewhere else

Meanwhile

While Chicago was roiled by another day of protests and looting in the wake of George Floyd’s murder, 18 people were killed Sunday, May 31, making it the single most violent day in Chicago in six decades, according to the University of Chicago Crime Lab.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
The arrogance of politicians has to be seen to be believed. Something like the above is not something politicians should be involved in or spending time on. It was a bad day when civil administrators (which is what politicians are supposed to be when elected) started getting notions of themselves as cultural leaders.

Like watching a z list celebrity trying to blag their way into the VIP room constantly. None of these people are elected with a mandate to tell the rest of the country what they should respect and revere from history. Just not their job. The only people who are convinced it is their job, apparently, are politicians themselves.

That's no surprise either.

StarryPlough01

Laundry Vans?

12 year old Maureen Sullivan was picked up from primary school and put in a Magdalene Laundry van, and driven to the Good Shepherd Sisters' Gulag in New Ross, Wexford...

Wed 6 Feb 2013 07.50 AEDT First published on Wed 6 Feb 2013 07.50 AEDT
Ireland finally admits state collusion in Magdalene Laundry system

By Henry McDonald in Dublin

Maureen Sullivan was first sent to the Good Shepherd Magdalene Laundry in New Ross, County Wexford, in 1964. Two years later she was moved to Athy and finally to Dublin. She left in 1969.​
"I was 12 years of age and my father had died, my mother had remarried and my home situation was abusive.​
"They told me I would have a great education and I went off to New Ross from my primary school, actually in a laundry van. When I arrived there they took my books from me that my mother had bought. That was the last I saw of them; that was the last time I had a decent education. From then on it was laundry every day, where it was horrible, where you were not allowed to talk to anyone. All it was there in the laundry was work, work, work.​
[…]​

Starry:
Maureen's mother thought her daughter was going off to get a good education with the nuns. She slept at St Aidan's Industrial School, and in the morning walked through the connecting tunnel to work in the laundry during the day. She said her job was to reach up and feed the sheets through the steaming roller - they had especially constructed a box for this 12 yo child slave to stand on. Maureen said if she complained about her arms being sore, she got thumped.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
the 'child-catcher' from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang springs to mind, inevitably.

1593585016223.png

Catapulta

I didn't call Martin Gugino a hero, but he sounds like one. Those cops who ploughed him down were arrested. It was all caught on camera by the film crew.

'75-Year-Old NY Protester Fractured Skull in Cop Shove, Can't Walk: Lawyer'

'Buffalo-area retiree Martin Gugino, 75, has been described by friends as a veteran peace activist driven by his Catholic faith and a desire for social justice'

Published June 17, 2020 • Updated on June 17, 2020 at 12:02 am
75-Year-Old NY Protester Fractured Skull in Cop Shove, Can't Walk: Lawyer

• The 75-year-old man hospitalized after he was pushed by a police officer during a peaceful protest last week in Buffalo, New York, suffered a brain injury, skull fracture and is unable to walk as a result, his lawyer revealed
  • Attorney Kelly Zarcone said in an email Tuesday there was no change in Martin Gugino's condition and that she expects only gradual improvement
  • Two Buffalo police officers have been charged with second-degree assault after a widely shared video captured Gugino falling to the ground after being pushed on June 4

Hope the two goons get jail time.

I had an encounter with a jackbooted Robocop in 2004. It was at the lead up to Iraq war. I had traveled to Boston to peacefully protest at the Democratic National Convention (John Kerry). I didn't think the American people had much choice in leaders (similar to FF&FG). I was there to protest about Democratic Party's complicity in Iraq war..

We were re-routed on the march and they wanted us to go into an especially built small cage where we could have been killed - we refused. You can have your free speech in this pen!

Our democratic chanting of slogans was picked up by the international media's microphones around the Fleet Centre. It was then that the riot squad came in to clear us away - they were in full gear and marched to the beat. One group of courageous protestors who had chained themselves to railings and were kneeling down in a vulnerable position got pepper sprayed by these pumped up goons. The riot squad cops were acting provocatively in clearing us away, so our voices couldn't be picked up on the microphones.

In addition, the army / military had snipers on the rooftops - working with the cops - ready to fire on the crowd - in violation of posse comitatus (all gone to the dogs now) - martial law hadn't been declared.

One US flag had been burned (freedom of speech) at the end of the peaceful protest. I and my friend walked over to a nearby sandwich bar and quietly waited to pick up our food order.

The riot squad cops' orders had been to clear the streets, where us peaceful protestors had assembled. Americans have First Amendment - right of people to peacefully assemble en masse - no permit necessary.

The goons came over and locked us and a few other customers in the lunch bar - without explanation. I continued to film the lockdown as an independent observer. I banged on the glass pane of the door and windows and demanded to be released, and told them my civil liberties were being violated. I was dragged out by a black visored goon, who then frog marched me through the streets out of the area. He had no way of knowing that I was part of the protest.

It was a strange time with rednecks wanting to nuke Iraqis. Noone dared say that they didn't support US intervention, as you would not be a patriot.

You should have followed the instructions of the local police force

You are of course entitled to peacefully protest and your stance against the Invasion & Occupation was a noble one.

I have been on many a protest and find that with the AGS it is best to obey what they say or else trouble will follow.

He had no way of knowing that I was part of the protest.

But you were!

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
People are entitled to free assembly and the right to demonstrate under the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It isn't up to individual cops to suspend those rights or assault those who exercise those rights.

Don't know what that cop who pushed over an elderly man deliberately thinks he was upholding but it wasn't the constitution and bill of rights.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Is the penny beginning to drop now Lumpy?

Always had. There was a reason the Child Catcher wore black. And there were plenty of Child Catchers for the gulags among the clerics and parish priests too all over Ireland.

You don't get to wear that uniform and disassociate yourself from what it represents or comes to represent. All trained ethicists, they'd have us believe.

fat finger

Last edited:
Last edited:
In an interview on Friday, the head of the Church of England said the west in general needed to question the prevailing mindset that depicted Christ as a white man in traditional Christian imagery.'

Oh God where will it all end??
Are we now to question even the skin colour of The Holy Ghost?
And if Jesus is no longer to be white, then what colour is His Father, who existed before black and white but creates all of us in His own image??
The answer must be that white is right because it allows for ALL COLOURS, it is the alpha and omega of colour, and it has to be, otherwise we would not allow the term person of colour exclude white people (which it currently does for many protesters)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom