Tallow in the £-fiver; are you disgusted or not at all surprised?

McTell

Twitter
No
15,000 signatures think that tallow should be taken out of the GB fiver. Tallow being animal fat hated by vegans, hindus etc etc. It might not even be dacent honest irish tallow. PC gone mad?

Tallow is needed to help flex that fiver. Easier to fold and slip into a barmaid's bra, see? But if she's vegan, would that amount to assault?

Petition to scrap new £5 note due to use of animal fat gathers 90,000 signatures | The Independent

New £5 notes contain animal fat, says Bank of England, drawing anger from vegans and vegetarians

silverharp

vegans will love it, they will get the chance to tell everyone in earshot that they are vegans

Trainwreck

15,000 signatures think that tallow should be taken out of the GB fiver. Tallow being animal fat hated by vegans, hindus etc etc. It might not even be dacent honest irish tallow. PC gone mad?

Tallow is needed to help flex that fiver. Easier to fold and slip into a barmaid's bra, see? But if she's vegan, would that amount to assault?

Petition to scrap new £5 note due to use of animal fat gathers 90,000 signatures | The Independent

New £5 notes contain animal fat, says Bank of England, drawing anger from vegans and vegetarians

No, it wouldn't. Just fúck off with your vegan nonsense.

Bubbleheaded

I hope it's halal tallow or we'll have members of a certain minority declaring jihad on currency.

Hitchcock

No, it wouldn't. Just fúck off with your vegan nonsense.
Why is it nonsense?

Whether one agrees with veganism or not it's an entirely valid viewpoint and they have as much right to raise issues as much as anyone else.

Hitchcock

I hope it's halal tallow or we'll have members of a certain minority declaring jihad on currency.
Oh look bubbly travels with his Islamophobia :roll:.

GDPR

It's the Indian mutiny all over again.

To the boats my friends and as quick as you like!!

Bubbleheaded

Oh look bubbly travels with his Islamophobia :roll:.
Oh look, the clonskeagh mosque communications department has it's keyword searches in good order.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

vegans will love it, they will get the chance to tell everyone in earshot that they are vegans
Phew....imagine if they didn't have the notes! They would only have, what, maybe 25 other reasons to tell us.....

:|

Hitchcock

Oh look, the clonskeagh mosque communications department has it's keyword searches in good order.
not just his islamaphobia but his paranoia too :roll:

stopdoingstuff

We should just ignore all the people complaining about this. It is not an important issue. Too much time is spent on dumb stuff.

McTell

Twitter
No

Paddyc

Anyone who doesn't want those dirty tallow-stained fivers can send them to me.

EoinMag

I dunno if I'd tell the difference in taste if it was vegan....

silverharp

Bubbleheaded

not just his islamaphobia but his paranoia too :roll:
You don't really know what paranoia means do you? Paranoia is a delusion of persecution (you know, like you go on about) - I don't feel the least bit persecuted by any of the many personalities operating the hitchcock account, in fact I enjoy mocking you. :lol:

New Threads

Most Replies