• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Taoiseach denies being drunk on radio!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Soprano

I think this deserves a thread of its own

(just in from NEWSTALK---)
The Taoiseach has described as “ridiculous” and “uncalled for” claims that he was either drunk or hungover on a radio interview this morning.

Brian Cowen is under fire after his appearance on national radio when he even referred to the Croke Park Agreement as the Good Friday Agreement.

The interview was conducted at the Fianna Fáil Parliamentary Party think-tank in Galway.

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "RTE turn on Cowen". </Mod>
<MOD> Here is the audio of the interview
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW586aNXqU4"]YouTube - The Original RTE Morning Ireland interview with Taoiseach Brian Cowen 14 th Sept 2010[/ame]
And full transcript
Politics Taoiseach transcript…
</MOD>

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "John Maloney comes to Cowen's aid". </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

grafter1

Good God just go now. The Irish taxpayer promises to make good on that gold plated pension of yours so you can booze away in peace up in Offaly....................for at least the next three or four months before the free money tap curtosy of the EU/Taxpayer is firmly turned off.

You are a liability.

RightCentreLeft

Surely the game is up when RTE have a headline like that. Its over - There will be an election in 2010.

B

birthday

I heard his reference to the Good Friday agreement this morning when he meant to say Croke park agreement.
Wtf?
This gives a useful insight into the workings of his cerebral networks.

In vino veritas as they say.
I presume this denial of being drunk will be across the wires by now, helping investors decide to choose reland as a location for doing business.

I'm not surprised that several political parties are on election footing.

I think the GE is nearing....

typical

I'm not drrunk, Iv only hassd three pi..hic..eh, jazus, uh, I really thiink your luvvly...is that...nahhh, jazus, wh..wha...what was I sayin', oh yeah, drunk..ha ha....galwayzzz niccce izzin it.....I'm not drunnk....I'm NOT....DON'T YOU JUDGE ME...I'LL KILL YA!!! SHURRUP!!! hic..Oh jazus..oh feck..I donnn fell to welll

khavakoz

RTE were incredibly quick with the dropping of the word drunk, replacing first with hungover, then popping scare quotes around 'hungover'

Nice to see the speed at which their embedded spin doctors come to life.

Sean-Bhean bhoct

I heard his reference to the Good Friday agreement this morning when he meant to say Croke park agreement.
Wtf?
This gives a useful insight into the workings of his cerebral networks.
In fairness, stop being pedantic...it was a slip of the tongue. If you listened to it he said 'Good friday' and then backtracked. It was a non-event - even Cathal didn't make much of it.

Dramatise much?

Tommythecommy

Looks like he opted for the Whiskey bottle only and refused the revolver

Looks like he opted for the Whiskey bottle only and refused the revolver.

Could someone have slipped him a mickey?

Twin Towers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzN0Js0tKZ4"]YouTube - Brian Cowen - Another Awkward Moment[/ame]

LeDroit

Gimme a D, D! Gimme an A, A! Gimme an N, N! Gimme another N, N! Gimme a Y, Y!

Whataya got? Danny boy! Give us an aul tweet there Danny. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies