Taoiseach Kenny to invite President Donald J. Trump to visit Ireland and address the Oireachtas.

Hans Von Horn

Taoiseach has been coy about the possibility of inviting President Trump to Ireland. To make an announcement before St Patrick's day would add to unjustified opposition to his trip, in the first place, and he will obviously ensure President Trump hears of the invitation first.

An Irish Visit by President Trump would add greatly to the case for Kenny remaining in place to receive the visit, and would serve both the National Interest, and Kenny's interest well. If the visit was scheduled for say after nest September it would give Leo Varadkar time to figure out what purpose the visit would serve. Leo has some difficulty figuring out what purpose such a visit would serve. 'I'm not sure what purpose it would serve' - Leo Varadkar against Donald Trump invite - Independent.ie

Kenny is quoted by the Independent "Well I'll consider that when I go to Washington." It would be bad form indeed to invite a very important guest and not to be home as it were to receive them when they called.

An Taoiseach may follow the American Trip and Trade Mission with a Trip to Japan as he is due another trip there.

Taoiseach arrives in Japan for five day trade trip · TheJournal.ie Interesting Japan admitted only 28 Refugees last year while the US admitted over 40,000. Would Leo have any reservations about the Taoiseach going to Japan and a doing a pacific rim Trade Mission. Irish Energy Blog: Recent Protests in Dublin

Levellers

Kenny would be mad to invite Trump (not that I think he is interested in coming) with all the protests it would involve.

Mitsui2

As seems ever the case with Hans, the thread title is more clickbait than anything else.

GDPR

Kenny would be mad to invite Trump (not that I think he is interested in coming) with all the protests it would involve.
In Le Vrai Pays Trump is probably the most popular man in Ireland at the moment. I expect massive crowds coming out to cheer him and the Princess like Melania.

Boy M5

As seems ever the case with Hans, the thread title is more clickbait than anything else.
Should be zoo ed.
Never called for that before.
there's a thread on Drumpf visiting already.

Happycamping

Taoiseach has been coy about the possibility of inviting President Trump to Ireland. To make an announcement before St Patrick's day would add to unjustified opposition to his trip, in the first place, and he will obviously ensure President Trump hears of the invitation first.

An Irish Visit by President Trump would add greatly to the case for Kenny remaining in place to receive the visit, and would serve both the National Interest, and Kenny's interest well. If the visit was scheduled for say after nest September it would give Leo Varadkar time to figure out what purpose the visit would serve. Leo has some difficulty figuring out what purpose such a visit would serve. 'I'm not sure what purpose it would serve' - Leo Varadkar against Donald Trump invite - Independent.ie

Kenny is quoted by the Independent "Well I'll consider that when I go to Washington." It would be bad form indeed to invite a very important guest and not to be home as it were to receive them when they called.

An Taoiseach may follow the American Trip and Trade Mission with a Trip to Japan as he is due another trip there.

Taoiseach arrives in Japan for five day trade trip · TheJournal.ie Interesting Japan admitted only 28 Refugees last year while the US admitted over 40,000. Would Leo have any reservations about the Taoiseach going to Japan and a doing a pacific rim Trade Mission. Irish Energy Blog: Recent Protests in Dublin
Stop worrying about Leo...

Shannon73

Hans, keep your hans on the wheel or you'll smash into a wall.

Stupid thread. Stupid heading "Taoiseach to invite" when followed by "proof" where he is only "coy" about inviting him.

Fake news? provocation? B......t?

Analyzer

To be honest, whenever a US President shows up the Irish political establishment are more eager to bring them to the pub than the Oireachtas.

It is like as if to be Taoiseach, your first duty is flog Arters Scutter. ( Over-rated sh1te ).

Trump is a non drinker. No wonder the Irish media are doing all they can to program the people to hate him.

He is an example that is contrary to the advertising that feeds them.

Can't wait for the tweet when he sees Aras:

They've relocated the WH for me and rebuilt it here! What a front garden! Might ask them to build The Wall! Quick builders! NOT SAD!

Dame_Enda

hmmm seems this isnt a done deal despite Hans wishes and indeed mine.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies