Taoiseach rules out coalition with Shinners

President Bartlet

From RTE News
Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said Fine Gael will not enter into coalition government with Sinn Féin.
In a statement issued today, Mr Kenny said: "The Fine Gael Party position is, has been and will remain, not to enter into coalition government with Sinn Fèin.
"As I have stated many times previously I don't believe the parties to be in anyway compatible, in particular on economic issues where Sinn Féin policy would lead to massive job losses and seriously undermine business and investment."
He said his focus, and that of the Government, is to manage the "nation's affairs in the interests of its citizens."
"We have immediate challenges that must be dealt with, including Brexit and we will meet those challenges head on as we have done successfully many times before," Mr Kenny said.
Earlier this week Mr Kenny appeared to leave the door open to a Fine Gael/Sinn Féin government at some point in the future.
There was an overwhelmingly negative reaction in Fine Gael to the possibility of sharing power with Sinn Féin and it raised questions again about the Taoiseach's leadership.

Mercurial

Enda Kenny won't be the Taoiseach after the next election, so why should anyone take this statement as being in any way definitive?

Fullforward

From RTE News
Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said Fine Gael will not enter into coalition government with Sinn Féin.
In a statement issued today, Mr Kenny said: "The Fine Gael Party position is, has been and will remain, not to enter into coalition government with Sinn Fèin.
"As I have stated many times previously I don't believe the parties to be in anyway compatible, in particular on economic issues where Sinn Féin policy would lead to massive job losses and seriously undermine business and investment."
He said his focus, and that of the Government, is to manage the "nation's affairs in the interests of its citizens."
"We have immediate challenges that must be dealt with, including Brexit and we will meet those challenges head on as we have done successfully many times before," Mr Kenny said.
Earlier this week Mr Kenny appeared to leave the door open to a Fine Gael/Sinn Féin government at some point in the future.
There was an overwhelmingly negative reaction in Fine Gael to the possibility of sharing power with Sinn Féin and it raised questions again about the Taoiseach's leadership.

Is that not number 6 in the blueshirt 5 point plan?

TheWolf

From RTE News
His Tory handlers in London must have got in touch overnight.

ger12

Enda made a boo boo quelle surprise. :lol:

Mick Mac

Did he have to clear that statement with Fianna Fail first?

Mick

ruserious

A more appropriate question may well be, would SF be willing to work with a junior partner in FG in coalition.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
From RTE News
Kenny wasn't suggesting he'd go into coalition with Sinn Fein at the next election, he actually said he didn't think that would happen

the question is will he get to decide who they go into coalition with, this is all just mischief making

Last edited:

PeaceGoalie

Enda Kenny won't be the Taoiseach after the next election, so why should anyone take this statement as being in any way definitive?
It is a clear signal that Fine Gael will not deal with serial criminals and an example that all respectable people should follow

Is that not number 6 in the blueshirt 5 point plan?
The Blueshorts were abolished in the early 1930s - almost a century ago. Update your smears,

His Tory handlers in London must have got in touch overnight.
There is no evidence of the British security services controlling Fine Gael. There is plenty of evidence of them controlling Sinn Fein and the PIRA Army Council

off with their heads

Enda is leading fine gael into the election ;) the appalling vista is becoming a reality

TheWolf

so now will they say sinn fein sat on their hands and wouldnt go into government after the last election will ff be up next
Probably. Monkey see, monkey do.

sadcitizen

I haven't been paying attention....why is everyone talking about who'll go into coalition with who? Is a GE being signalled?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
From RTE News
based on questions from this media briefing Listen back: Taoiseach gives media briefing - MerrionStreet who asking question at 48 minutes?

im axeled

he would willing part with both testicles and give his soul or whatever is leeft of it to the devil to remain t-shock

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies