Taoiseach to make a statement to the Dáil on the economy at 5pm

constitutionus

Ha !

just seen an ad for primetime and miriams wearing a green jersey !

(well , close enough :) :) :) )

wombat

makes sense.
Just to be clear, if that happened would the most likely outcome be a flight of US multinationals.
Let's not panic, it will be much harder to attract investment but they won't leave suddenly.

ItsLehmansWotDoneIt

To put into context, some fella on cnbc just said that to translate Ireland's problem into USA terms would be a $67 trillion problem. Is that bad? :eek:
$67 trillion is a lot of money, even by Irish standards. To give you an idea, 2010's US Defense budget is $685.1 billion, including the bills for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. At that rate it would take 97 years to burn through $67 trillion. Feel like invading any countries? Surely we could afford it?

Neil040

Website
galwayprint.blogspot.com
$67 trillion is a lot of money, even by Irish standards. To give you an idea, 2010's US Defense budget is $685.1 billion, including the bills for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. At that rate it would take 97 years to burn through $67 trillion. Feel like invading any countries? Surely we could afford it?
Well pro rata we could only likely afford to invade Wales, but keeping it all in the family, euro-wise, my personal preference would, if budgeting prudently, be Italy.. if we have to face an endless depression better to be in the sunshine with good food and wine at proper prices!

myksav

Any bets that the text message that spooked the FFers was something from Lenny saying "the 12.5% corp tax is gone lads".
I heard that the corp tax is going up to 19%.

an innocent abroad

Dear Angela, I've met you several times and other commisioners, Please do not believe a word out of the mouths of our reps, They and their ministers have lied through their teeth, not only to you but to the Irish nation! I find it very difficult to explain to my german friends, why our Irish reps first language is lying! Well as I said before, How do you think they got elected? Ask them how they can't get codes from former bank officials of anglo and this will put you on the right tract. As to why they do not want a bailout! Too many secrets, too many friends, a government that protects it's secrets from the E.U. There is nobody in the Irish body politic that want's that can of worms opened or exposed!

cakeordeath

Ireland or FF?
Ireland or FF?
Ireland or FF?

Cake or Death?
YouTube - Eddie Izzard - Dress to Kill - Cake or Death

:cool:....What can I say?

Also DC, I nearly lost control there at 5pm... nearly broke my neck trying to get back to my computer at 5............FAIL ???!!!!! Crash panic can't log-in?.....Noooooooooooo!!!...AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! and again...Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I meditated a little ...recited my mantra - Holding on to anger is like holding on to a burning coal, you're the one that gets burned bla bla bla -finally I heard HIS voice on the news at six and learned that all was well.....

That's when I calmly threw a burning coal through the television....it's therapy...or something......apparently.

cakeordeath

Dear Angela, I've met you several times and other commisioners, Please do not believe a word out of the mouths of our reps, They and their ministers have lied through their teeth, not only to you but to the Irish nation! I find it very difficult to explain to my german friends, why our Irish reps first language is lying! Well as I said before, How do you think they got elected? Ask them how they can't get codes from former bank officials of anglo and this will put you on the right tract. As to why they do not want a bailout! Too many secrets, too many friends, a government that protects it's secrets from the E.U. There is nobody in the Irish body politic that want's that can of worms opened or exposed!
'How often is it that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him.' Frank Herbert

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies