Taoiseach to make a statement to the Dáil on the economy at 5pm

DCon

BIFFO should let Ahern make the speech.

More appropriate, like.

jmcc

Biffo will be announcing that the new Irish national anthem will be "A Province Once Again". Modeled on the old nationalist Irish song, "A Nation Once Again", the traitors^H^H^H^H members of Fianna Fail and the Greens cabinet, have decided to change it to reflect the new fiscal reality.

And on this day, Fianna Fail died.

Regards...jmcc

jacko

after he announces the bailout he should apologise for what he has done to the country and tender his resignation to the President

Holy Cow

Ich bin vor der Inbetriebnahme eines neuen Dail handeln, um unsere offizielle Sprache auf Deutsch ändern.

Cassandra Syndrome

Opening up the dail webcast now - no doubt there will be alot of interest
Sorry, but the latest is now, that we all have to go to our local cinemas to watch this statement from our leader.

Mondo

"Hello everyone, my name is Brian, and I'm an Alc........................................

Barnacle

The meeting in Brussels only starts at four so at five Lenihan will still be in the meeting. What can he say that definitive?

Pat Mc Larnon

He will announce that everyone should buy a green jersey. This will restore full confidence in the economy and the EU will pat all the Irish people on the head and tell them not to worry about it.

MattM

I know it is unlikely but i think 28/1 on a election taking place in 2010 is worth a few sheckles.

MacCoise2

Irish sovereignty! (what we have of it) won by Sinn féin, lost by Fianna Fáil!

sport02

There won't be anything definitive in B.Cowens statement, I would guess something like "we are exploring all avenues, or something to that effect, and that B.Lenihan has his support, and is currently in talks with other EU finance ministers, to bring a resolution to this current inpass.

grafter1

I know it is unlikely but i think 28/1 on a election taking place in 2010 is worth a few sheckles.
I agree. I reckon he's calling a GE tonight.

They cannot accept a bailout and not go to the people.

GE coming next month is my bet

corelli

I agree. I reckon he's calling a GE tonight.

They cannot accept a bailout and not go to the people.

GE coming next month is my bet
Do you mean that Constitutionally, or morally? In neither case will he go to the Country, in my view. Formerly because there is no need, laterally, because they don't know what morals are.

rubensni

Are RTE carrying it live? If so, I imagine the analysis will resemble this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axXvxpzMe_0]YouTube - Feast on the goo inside?[/ame]

Cassandra Syndrome

Maybe they are announcing that they found a pot of gold somewhere?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies