• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Taoiseach visits our lads in the EU Army, somewhere in Africa

TweetyBird

A worthwhile visit to see the Irish troops, the EU mission and where funds go to. Good break from brexit too.

Herr Rommel

What do you have to do to be 'true Irish?
Put the people of the country first which he has not done he is following the instructions of his EU masters and is happy to have th country take it up the ass when we are forced to take in the dregs and scum of the Middle East and Africa.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Roman Catholic, married. at least 10 sprogs. wife beater, Own a wolf tonedeaf CD, Aran jumper. like spuds with your spuds, Lack the ability to speak Irish But can manage Pigon English. Wear a British Glasgow Celtic jersey. ??? :giggle:
Very good!

recedite

Being members of the EU is totally incompatible with neutrality....

We are in such an alliance and if Russia invades some part of Latvia in the morning we will be at war with Russia the next day and if we are not then lets not worry about our neutrality...

While I'm blathering on I might as well add my concerns about Turkey and its position as a Nato member. Turkey is in a part of the world where unfortunately there is a lot of conflict and they are increasingly pro-active in engaging with it.
I agree with you that we should be wary of being in a miltary pact with the Turkey, the USA, and the UK, because these countries could easily drag us into a war.
However I also think that France, if it continues to expand its influence over EU (and Irish) military matters, could pose the same danger.

I don't share your concern with Russia. The Russians are not interested in expanding into regions outside Russia unless there is a pro-Russian ethnic majority there. The EU should instead be building co-operation with its neighbours in Russia.

Anyway, if we are to abandon the neutrality which has underpinned this state since its foundation, then some national debate is required, followed by a referendum. In the interests of democracy.

madmullah

I really wouldn't be sending in inexperienced soldiers , leave that to the French , Brits and yanks .
I did a short stint in Liberia ( pvt sector company) when the Irish were the QRF. of the UN misssion there. We were always pleased when they were on call as we knew they would react quickly and efficently. More importantly the gooks also knew so stayed away.

Clanrickard

. The Russians are not interested in expanding into regions outside Russia unless there is a pro-Russian ethnic majority there.
So what the feck are they doing in Ukraine?

Clanrickard

Leo will not be happy until he has filled this country with Africans. He wasn't elected by the people and he is not true Irish.
A well thought out cerebral contribution to the thread.

recedite

So what the feck are they doing in Ukraine?
Large parts of eastern Ukraine are pro-Russian and the people identify as ethnically Russian.
There are a couple of other places other outside Russia "proper" which it retains or at least has an interest in, such as Moldova, Ossetia, Transniestria and Kaliningrad (which is well inside Europe) but that does not mean Russia intends to take over the world.
No more than you can reasonably say the UK might try to to regain its world empire just because it maintains its sovereignty over a part of Ireland.

cranberry1

I did a short stint in Liberia ( pvt sector company) when the Irish were the QRF. of the UN misssion there. We were always pleased when they were on call as we knew they would react quickly and efficently. More importantly the gooks also knew so stayed away.
I have a shi t eating grin on my face reading your Walther Mitty fantasies , the oirish army couldn't beat there way out of a wet paper bag , lmao ,:lol:

madmullah

Have been , worked and played in more places and situations than the average joe. Somalia , Pakistan, DRC All over Africa, Middle East etc, and even a short job in South America. So no waltering required..
As regards Liberia it might be useful for you to read some independent reports on the performance of UNMIL and the various contingents, Irish and Swedish QRF highly respected and admired for their professionalism and fairness, Fact...

cranberry1

Have been , worked and played in more places and situations than the average joe. Somalia , Pakistan, DRC All over Africa, Middle East etc, and even a short job in South America. So no waltering required..
As regards Liberia it might be useful for you to read some independent reports on the performance of UNMIL and the various contingents, Irish and Swedish QRF highly respected and admired for their professionalism and fairness, Fact...
I hear you , I can see the Irish as been professional and fair thats not the problem , if the ************************ hits the fan they have no experience and are way underarmed , at least send them in with the right tools , as they say, rather have them and not need them to needing them and not having them , never take a chance on the well being of young Irish men and women .

recedite

I they have no experience and are way underarmed , at least send them in with the right tools , as they say..
The Irish army is small but very professional. The Ranger wing in particular is modelled on the US Army Rangers and is among the best in the world.
However the best protection our troops had in the past was the blue paint of UN helmets,and the white paint on UN vehicles. That made it clear to all belligerents that they were NOT involved in the conflict. They were peacekeepers.
In this current scenario, and despite the lies coming from the Taoiseach, they are not peacekeepers.
They are belligerents, being part of an EU army of occupation which is in the Sahel to support French post-colonial interests in the region and the French army's own operation.
That is a completely different ball game to a UN mission, because it makes the Irish troops legitimate targets for the rebels.

Herr Rommel

The son of two Indians has sold Irish neutrality down the river.

Collins, Dev, Griffith are rolling in their graves thanks to this homosexual.

McTell

Twitter
No
//

In this current scenario, and despite the lies coming from the Taoiseach, they are not peacekeepers.
They are belligerents, being part of an EU army of occupation which is in the Sahel to support French post-colonial interests in the region and the French army's own operation.
That is a completely different ball game to a UN mission, because it makes the Irish troops legitimate targets for the rebels.

The french will support dictators that they have done deals with, but we should not get involved in this. As the colonial power they have used one ethnic group against another. Plus if this island is ever invaded, what use will desert training be?

Disillusioned democrat

The french will support dictators that they have done deals with, but we should not get involved in this. As the colonial power they have used one ethnic group against another. Plus if this island is ever invaded, what use will desert training be?
None of this makes any sense, nor will benefit the citizens or tax payers - but all those shots of Varadkar hopping on and off helicopters will go down well when he's looking to get onto the security council - it's all @campaignforleo.

Clanrickard

The son of two Indians has sold Irish neutrality down the river.

Collins, Dev, Griffith are rolling in their graves thanks to this homosexual.

madmullah

I hear you , I can see the Irish as been professional and fair thats not the problem , if the ************************ hits the fan they have no experience and are way underarmed , at least send them in with the right tools , as they say, rather have them and not need them to needing them and not having them , never take a chance on the well being of young Irish men and women .
In the case of Liberia they were not under armed and had the capacity to deal with anything that would have been thrown against them. It is amazing that they were able to maintain and use ancient AML 90s on that mission.
I think that there were several incidents where they had to use force , but I was not there at that time.
When push comes to shove its drills and discipline that kicks in and anytime the Irish have had to face and/or return fire they did so.
I do agree that politics and the entire UN peacekeeping role is fraught with political interference and decisions are made by diplomats , politicians that unnecessarily endanger peacekeeping troops . The Lebanon is a case in point where UN policy made in New York required troops to maintain a presence in an area not under their control. In effect hostages.
The other danger re long UN missions such as Leb is that contributing countries become complacent , see it as their raison d’ etre rather than as a closing with and killing the enemy, whoever that may be.

recedite

Deputy Prime Minister Luigi Di Maio of the Italian govt. has issued a damning indictment of French neo-colonisation in the Sahel region.
“If we have people who are leaving Africa now it’s because some European countries, and France in particular, have never stopped colonizing Africa,” said Di Maio, who leads the 5-Star.

“If France didn’t have its African colonies, because that’s what they should be called, it would be the 15th largest world economy. Instead it’s among the first, exactly because of what it is doing in Africa.”
France controls the money.
France was manipulating the economies of 14 African countries that use the CFA franc — a colonial-era currency which is underpinned by the French Treasury.
“France is one of those countries that by printing money for 14 African states prevents their economic development and contributes to the fact that the refugees leave and then die in the sea or arrive on our coasts,” he said.

France argues that the CFA franc has brought welcome monetary "stability" to the countries that use it...
This has prompted an angry response from the French.

When Col. Gadaffi tried to set up a new currency for Africa, a gold Dinar, Nato bombed his house and killed his grandchildren.
I'm glad we took no part in that. We were a proudly independent and neutral country back then.

Gaddafis Gold Dinar Currency Prompted NATO Invasion of Libya - YouTube