• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Socratus O' Pericles

1597057685075.png

Very much the cultuaral phenomenon of the 21st Century. Sportspeople, actors, musicians, artists, young wans and youngflas all covered in them . Once the domain of seamen now half the population has one ....any views?

enuffisenuff

If it means something to you then go for it, the only thing I think people will regret is when they have it done to their hands..neck...face etc....all looks "fine" and dandy when you're young.....lets see how it looks when the flab and wrinkles kick in...

petaljam

Not even all that young - I'm often surprised by the number of over 50s (possibly well over, if not in their 60s) that I see sporting tattoos these days.

I must say some of the more artistic tattoos rather please me - you see a number of Polynesian style ones here, I presume done when people visited New Caledonia or Tahiti, and they are quite beautiful.

The home made, or worse, prison-style ones can be truly awful though. And I can't help being a bit crept out by people with multiple tatts so that very little skin is left uncovered. I think when you look like you're wearing clothes all the time, you've passed from mere "skin decoration" into another domain.

between the bridges

They are neither good or bad, it's a personal choice, one I've never made and I'm highly unlikely to ever make.

However I can admire the art work in some of the better ones and laff at the one's that look like a 3 year old got the colouring crayons out...

The OD

I got a small one my shoulder when I was around 15. Always meant to get another one but could never decide on one until I got to the point where I no longer cared.

I still sometimes get a surprise when I notice it when shaving or getting in and out of the shower.

No real thoughts about them one way or another, some look great, some look atrocious. I knew a guy years ago who was going out with a girl called Liz so he got that tattooed on his ankle in a type of script font. First thing I said when I looked it was 'didn't know you liked U2 that much.....' He wasn't impressed until I pointed out that the L and I linked up looked like U flowing into a 2.

He got it tattooed over the next month, when Liz dumped him. Because he got a tattoo with her name on it. After being together about a month.

:ROFLMAO:

Gin Soaked

Unless it is part of your culture (like Maori , etc....), then it is a sign that you may not be that bright. The extent of your stupidity is directly related to how easily covered it is.

All those girls who got tramp stamps 20 years ago? Now they are in their mid to late 40's... there is a point where that drifts into Meth-chic.... Good luck getting that hotel / rental car upgrade ....

Same goes for those stretch your earlobes hipster nonsense from years ago.

redhead

If I'm honest (and if you can't be on an anonymous forum, then what hope is there?) I don't like them and don't see the point in them.

I have, however, often found myself complimenting people on theirs because it seems to be considered rude not to and I wouldn't tell someone I didn't like their clothes or haircut.

Although, to be fair, people don't tend to corner you and ask if you like their hair/clothes in the way they elicit comments on their tattoos.

Look! Look at my tattoo, what do you think?

(thinks: it's a bloody eyesore)

Oh it's really you...

silverharp

Would seem counter culture not to have them at this stage

ShoutingIsLeadership

I got a small one my shoulder when I was around 15. Always meant to get another one but could never decide on one until I got to the point where I no longer cared.

I still sometimes get a surprise when I notice it when shaving or getting in and out of the shower.

No real thoughts about them one way or another, some look great, some look atrocious. I knew a guy years ago who was going out with a girl called Liz so he got that tattooed on his ankle in a type of script font. First thing I said when I looked it was 'didn't know you liked U2 that much.....' He wasn't impressed until I pointed out that the L and I linked up looked like U flowing into a 2.

He got it tattooed over the next month, when Liz dumped him. Because he got a tattoo with her name on it. After being together about a month.

:ROFLMAO:
Could have been worse...the name could have been CLINT

milipod

Unless it is part of your culture (like Maori , etc....), then it is a sign that you may not be that bright. The extent of your stupidity is directly related to how easily covered it is.

All those girls who got tramp stamps 20 years ago? Now they are in their mid to late 40's... there is a point where that drifts into Meth-chic.... Good luck getting that hotel / rental car upgrade ....

Same goes for those stretch your earlobes hipster nonsense from years ago.
The earlobe thing is fúcked up.

truthisfree

There are rare ones that are stunning, and a whole lot that are just bad design and execution, never got one, and highly unlikely I ever will.

Rural

No tattoos or any piercings upon me at all. As I'm a terrible fidget, if I had pierced ear lobes I'd fidget and fidget until the lobes bled.

Tattoos weren't a thing where I grew up, so I never even thought about them. The boys have tattoos (one each) which can only be seen if they take off their shirts.

I had a friend who had a tattoo on her arse and when she had more than a few it was put on display. Fair play!

shutuplaura

There are loads of ill advised tattoos around. Most actually fall into this category. People literally look through a catalogue to try find something individual to them. It's pretty sad really. But saying that, each to their own.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom