TCD Historical Society Gold Medal Award to UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Withdrawn

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

dunno what drove Paul Molloy but this certainly is a wicked decision by an institute of higher education in Ireland and "the world's oldest student society" to award the highest . funded by the tax payer. a society that claims the distinction of having been addressed by every Taoiseach and President of the Ireland.

A TCD hist gold medal to Nigel Farage? Paul Molloy with highest distinction, seriously wtf.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/tcd-society-withdraws-plans-to-offer-gold-medal-to-nigel-farage-1.3247012

tis why we still need the IT, thank you for bringing this to my attention

Last edited:

A Voice

The offer of the gold medal has now been withdrawn with an apology from the society’s auditor Paul Molloy who said it was his decision alone to award him the medal.
Mr. Molloy will now be dispatched to the Gulag for re-education.

eoghanacht

They were only making plans for Nigel.

I thought the Trinners crowd would love the loikes of Nigel the oike.

Hibee

Farage won't lose too much sleep over this I imagine . He won by leading the emancipation of the U.K. .

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

They were only making plans for Nigel.

I thought the Trinners crowd would love the loikes of Nigel the oike.
You've gone and done it now...song will be stuck in my memory banks for the weekend!

[video=youtube;s29RKnB7l7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29RKnB7l7o[/video]

jmcc

Farage made history. Most of the TCD heads just read about it.

fat finger

dunno what drove Paul Molloy but this certainly is a wicked decision by a institute of higher education in Ireland and "the world's oldest student society" to award the highest . funded by the tax payer. a society that claims the distinction of having been addressed by every Taoiseach and President of the Ireland.

A TCD hist gold medal to Nigel Farage? Paul Molloy with highest distinction, seriously wtf.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/tcd-society-withdraws-plans-to-offer-gold-medal-to-nigel-farage-1.3247012

Why should anyone give a monkeys what a bunch of toff students does or doesn't do?
Oh, of course, it helps the IT avoid reporting about events in the real world, and investigating real stuff like journalists are meant to do

Sync

"We'd no reason to give it to him and then no reason to take it away. So it all balances out and everyone will be happy!"

eoghanacht

Farage won't lose too much sleep over this I imagine . He won by leading the emancipation of the U.K. .
Swing low sweet chariot...

jmcc

Why should anyone give a monkeys what a bunch of toff students does or doesn't do?
Oh, of course, it helps the IT avoid reporting about events in the real world, and investigating real stuff like journalists are meant to do
How many of the ITers are ex-TCDers?

former wesleyan

What on earth are you on about ? It's 2017 not 1917.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Mushroom

Before deciding whether the present Auditor of the Hist is a Grade A nutjob or not, I'd like to see a list of all previous recipients of the Gold Medal. I assume that it's available somewhere on the interweb, but I'm too lazy to look it up, so maybe one of you bored, undersexed, NUI undergraduates could do the research for me, please.

I'll gladly arrange for some Erasmus funding for who ever digs me up the list.

former wesleyan

Cruimh

dunno what drove Paul Molloy but this certainly is a wicked decision by a institute of higher education in Ireland and "the world's oldest student society" to award the highest . funded by the tax payer. a society that claims the distinction of having been addressed by every Taoiseach and President of the Ireland.

The rivalry between UCD and TCD continues ....

eoghanacht

The Gold Medal lost its prestige when they awarded it to Denny's sausages.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Doesn't surprise me, plenty of West Brit FGers in Trinners, like UCC -

Popular Threads

Most Replies