• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

TCD website on landownership before and after Cromwell...

an Toimíneach

In keeping with some of the great threads on p.ie regarding National Army Records, the 1911 census, the 1901 census, the Griffith Land Valuations (1850s), the Tithe Applotment Books (1820s) and the 1641 Dpositions online, here's a link to a new website from TCD which helps us research the state of landownership in Ireland before and after Cromwell.

The website is still a bit shaky, but I'm sure they're working on it.

Homepage of The Down Survey Project

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Casualbets

In keeping with some of the great threads on p.ie regarding National Army Records, the 1911 census, the 1901 census, the Griffith Land Valuations (1850s), the Tithe Applotment Books (1820s) and the 1641 Dpositions online, here's a link to a new website from TCD which helps us research the state of landownership in Ireland before and after Cromwell.

http://phaedrus.cs.tcd.ie/petty/petty/down-survey-maps.php

Enjoy.
PS Are the tithe books online?

realistic1

http://phaedrus.cs.tcd.ie/petty/petty/down-survey-maps.php

Enjoy.
Pretty awful website, pity they did not make sure everything was functioning correctly before launching. Interesting apart from that.

an Toimíneach

Pretty awful website, pity they did not make sure everything was functioning correctly before launching. Interesting apart from that.
I've just edited the OP to replace the original link with the one from Orbit v2's post because it's much better. All credit to Orbit v2 for finding it and mea maxima culpa for having the wrong link first.

fontenoy

Some great stuff in that, townlands in the Dundalk Borough are practically Identical. Some areas are designated as Protestant land and Priest land? Also part of Norn Iron seems to be latched onto us :cool:

james5001

Did anyone find a key to the information contained in the maps?

Mitsui2

Homepage of The Down Survey Project

Enjoy.
Heard something about this on the radio and meant to have a look for it - ta for the reminder!

And if I remember what I heard correctly then yeah, it's a little provisional at the moment but they are working on it.