TD clogs up Printer in Leinster House with 85,000 Christmas Greetings in feed !

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
271,000 personalised calendars and 34,450 bespoke xmas cards. And these tossers will be standing around at a photo op on climate change and recycling projects quick enough in the New Year.

Why on earth does this continue every year? Just ban use of the system for such purposes, announcing that it is deemed too wasteful and expensive. Why hasn't this nonsense been stopped at the Oireachtas printing facilities level?

enuffisenuff

271,000 personalised calendars and 34,450 bespoke xmas cards. And these tossers will be standing around at a photo op on climate change and recycling projects quick enough in the New Year.

Why on earth does this continue every year? Just ban use of the system for such purposes, announcing that it is deemed too wasteful and expensive. Why hasn't this nonsense been stopped at the Oireachtas printing facilities level?

fkn crazy stuff!!!

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
You know what it will be... I wonder would the Oireachtas printing service be provided by an external private business with that concession within the premises of the Oireachtas.

Which could mean, given our somewhat startling generosity as a nation, that there's probably a minimum advent calendar and christmas card level below which the Oireachtas would incur contractual penalty clauses big enough to halt the Children's Hospital project in its tracks.

So we'd be trapped into a contract with Joe's cousin until the year 2,177. It'll be some startling shyttery along those lines.

midlander12

Seamus Healy is at it again. 72,500 election leaflets calenders this year.

I suspect that even on a political discussion site most readers will have to google his name to find out who he is because Healy is all but invisible in the Dail.
Another clientelist nonentity, indeed a hereditary one. I see he has previous form on this one.

I want to see footage of the printer doing its thing. If we're going to be paying ~€2 million for it, why not let us see the beast in action?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies