• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

TD's Collect €7.2m in Travel and Office Allowances for 2012.

damus

Journal.ie have just published the list of allowances for travel and office expenses that our 166 TD's have managed to collect during 2012....and it amounts to €7.2m.

What sticks out for me are certain TD's. For example, there are certain SF TD's who seem to be collecting large sums. Pearse Doherty for example collected €61,294.08 in addition to his TD's salary. Johnathan O'Brien collected €60,550.08. Caoimhghin O'Caolain collected €58,666.08 with Martin Ferris collecting 62.050.08. Then we have Richard Boyd Barrett who's collecting €37,700.04 the exact same amount that's been collected by another ULA member Joan Collins. Clare Daly is collecting 27,000 - now where's her office? People who collected the least are Brian Hayes along with James Reilly who's travel and allowances amounted to €12,000.

How many of these TD's are claiming allowances that are vouched? How many of these TD's actually have constituency offices? How many of these TD's are using taxpayers money to employ family and friends? Why on earth are we continuing to give TD's an allowance for travelling in to work? Why are we giving TD's an allowance for their office expenses - surely that should come out of their own pocket?

TDs receive

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlxJrxiwB44XdHJ6M3ZLNWRZTG5IajRnZVBoMWZEVkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Last edited:

ruserious

Journal.ie have just published the list of allowances for travel and office expenses that our 166 TD's have managed to collect during 2012....and it amounts to €7.2m.

What sticks out for me are certain TD's. For example, there are certain SF TD's who seem to be collecting large sums. Pearse Doherty for example collected €61,294.08 in addition to his TD's salary. Johnathan O'Brien collected €60,550.08. Caoimhghin O'Caolain collected €58,666.08 with Martin Ferris collecting 62.050.08. Then we have Richard Boyd Barrett who's collecting €37,700.04 the exact same amount that's been collected by another ULA member Joan Collins. Clare Daly is collecting 27,000 - now where's her office? People who collected the least are Brian Hayes along with James Reilly who's travel and allowances amounted to €12,000.

How many of these TD's are claiming allowances that are vouched? How many of these TD's actually have constituency offices? How many of these TD's are using taxpayers money to employ family and friends? Why on earth are we continuing to give TD's an allowance for travelling in to work? Why are we giving TD's an allowance for their office expenses - surely that should come out of their own pocket?

TDs receive

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlxJrxiwB44XdHJ6M3ZLNWRZTG5IajRnZVBoMWZEVkE&usp=sharing#gid=0
Ah ya, sure do give examples of far travelling TD's whom you dispise to Dublin based TD's who's party you like. That's a fair comparison :roll:

kkkkkkkkkk

TDs receive

I wonder have you an agenda against certain TD's ?
I mean you did not even mention the highest, youe a wee bit biased boss.
think they are all pretty bad

damus

Ah ya, sure do give examples of far travelling TD's whom you dispise to Dublin based TD's who's party you like. That's a fair comparison :roll:
And which party do I like?

damus

I wonder have you an agenda against certain TD's ?
think they are all pretty bad
Oh I agree - they're all dispicable which is why I questioned why we're paying any of these guys allowances in the first place. If I had my way none of them would get one bloomin cent.

kkkkkkkkkk

Oh I agree - they're all dispicable which is why I questioned why we're paying any of these guys allowances in the first place. If I had my way none of them would get one bloomin cent.
you did not even mention who got the highest, like WTF

wishywashy

TDs receive

Meanwhile,let the rest of us eat cake.