• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

TEEU, demanding 5% pay increase.

bob3367

According to todays IT, the TEEU have passed a motion, to demand a 5% pay increase from companies that are profitable.

Eamonn Devoy, general secretary, said that this need for such an increase was due to a 4.6% increase in inflation over the last 2 years.

How in the name of God, can this be justified?

Kevin Doyle

According to todays IT, the TEEU have passed a motion, to demand a 5% pay increase from companies that are profitable.

Eamonn Devoy, general secretary, said that this need for such an increase was due to a 4.6% increase in inflation over the last 2 years.

what,,,,there can never be pay increases.....ever?

wombat

If there is a demand for sparkies, they'll pay.

Conor

What, pay in profitable enterprises keeping pace with the cost of living? Hardly unreasonable, is it?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
What would happen if the government simply banned this organisation?

Sync

We'd be stepping back to the 1800s in terms of worker relations and removing people's freedom to associate in a gleeful romp towards facism.

firefly123

We'd be stepping back to the 1800s in terms of worker relations and removing people's freedom to associate in a gleeful romp towards facism.
But think of the 'very' temporary warm fuzzy feeling that some people would get. Mmmmmmm. Fuzzy.

Hooch

But think of the 'very' temporary warm fuzzy feeling that some people would get. Mmmmmmm. Fuzzy.
The Sindo would get a whole edition out of it.

bob3367

What, pay in profitable enterprises keeping pace with the cost of living? Hardly unreasonable, is it?
How do they know they are profitable?

As an accountant, that information rarely is generally known.

I admit that I have never worked in an unionised company, but we in all companies have a merit system for pay increases.

I cannot understand blanket pay increases.

ffc

Shock and horror as workers ask for a bit of the profit they made for lazy, workshy shareholders.

DaveM

Strange. He wants pay rises in some companies and not in others? Corrent me if I'm wrong here but does that not spell the end of the registered agreement for the sector, something which was previously so highly valued by the TEEU.

DaveM

I admit that I have never worked in an unionised company, but we in all companies have a merit system for pay increases.

Audited accounts.

Edo

big deal - a motion at a Union Conference is not writ in law.........

If they can get it - fair play - if they cant - well thems are the breaks - its a free country

if the Public sector are getting their increments - if bank officials are still getting their pay increases - well whats wrong with some electricians chancing their luck on getting a payrise - particularly if their company is profitable and they have made productivity gains in the mean-time

All they can do is ask and lobby for it - whether they get it is another question entirely

Northsideman

Aren't you forgetting Labour are part of this Government?

Banning a Union is crazy and for what, seeking a pay increase?

If it's justified it will be proven if not it won't, it will eventually go to arbitration and be adjudicated on, what's the big fuss?

bob3367

So by the same token they are saying huge pay cuts for its members in unprofitable companies is ok...........

Hmmmm doesn't take a lot to show a company is unprofitable, frankly its very F****** easy if you have a decent accountant.

TODevastated

private limited companies, as i would imagine you are aware, are obliged to file accounts in the companies office

a quick analysis of the figures would show whether or not an entity is profitable

agree on your point re blank pay rises, it totally removes individual performance from the equation

Shock and horror as workers ask for a bit of the profit they made for lazy, workshy shareholders.
Company goes bust shareholders lose all their investment, company goes bust employees get state to pay their redundancy.