Telegraph Poll: 60% support Brexit even if it causes UK breakup

ShoutingIsLeadership

From the same article and poll:

" Asked whether they would still back Brexit “even if I knew it could lead to the breakup of the UK”, 51 per cent of voters agreed and 38 per cent disagreed. The rest said they did not know. "

I guess a headline which said "almost 40% of voters who voted for Brexit, wouldn't do so again if they knew that it would break up the UK", wouldn't suit the Torygraph.

Dame_Enda

They are tired of having open borders rammed down their throats. They are tired of the ECJ (not just the ECHR) preventing terrorists being deported. The ECJ prevented the wife of Abu Hamza being deported.

However for Ireland I am greatly concerned we could become the next Calais. Very concerned many of the 1 million Eastern EU citizens could move here in advance of Brexit. I have a lot of time for Poles but having waited 5 hours in A+E the last thing we need are another million people in the space of a few years.

GDPR

Poll based on 2000 voters - we don't know from whence or where petunia

Telegraph spins it as May vs Sturgeon, like Two Girls One Union.

This is why the UK is fooked. No leadership, piss-poor media.

GDPR

So why don't you run for office? After all, with your knowledge of everything you could restore the UK to its former glory... or something. :)
So why don't you come up with a better argument? :)

jmcc

So why don't you come up with a better argument? :)
So are you in favour of breaking up the UK or do you want to maintain the status quo? There is a certain "Keep calm and carry on." aspect to the way that Brexit is being approached. This is a bit of a shift from the hissyfits from the Happy-Clappies that featured prominently in the UK media last year. One would think that people are coming to terms with the Brexit.

GDPR

So are you in favour of breaking up the UK or do you want to maintain the status quo? There is a certain "Keep calm and carry on." aspect to the way that Brexit is being approached. This is a bit of a shift from the hissyfits from the Happy-Clappies that featured prominently in the UK media last year. One would think that people are coming to terms with the Brexit.

Oh finally an argument, well done.

Truth.ie

From the same article and poll:

" Asked whether they would still back Brexit “even if I knew it could lead to the breakup of the UK”, 51 per cent of voters agreed and 38 per cent disagreed. The rest said they did not know. "

I guess a headline which said "almost 40% of voters who voted for Brexit, wouldn't do so again if they knew that it would break up the UK", wouldn't suit the Torygraph.
Where does it say they only polled people who voted for Brexit?

Truth.ie

If they called a second referendum tomorrow I'd say it would be 70-30 for Brexit.
The Doomsayers have been found out.

GDPR

The obvious bit. And we still don't know where you stand on Brexit. People need to know these things if you are to be leader of the UK. :)
I'll take that as an admission you are flirting very clumsily again. Bored now.

Enigma Variations

We do seem to be in the dying days of the UK. A new Telegraph Poll shows ;)

Will May be the last UK PM?
There are a significant number of English nationalists (think tattooed, shaven-headed louts with beer bellies) in sink estates all over their "queendom" who think like that. Many of them would welcome it. That is their prerogative.
England will sink under the weight of the self-importance of buffoonish-bluffer leaders like May. The idea that you can retreat into a collective state of mind like Albania in the 21st century is risible.
Sadly almost half of the British population (mostly the better educated, well informed) voted against Brexit, which is the cause of all of this turmoil.
For Scotland the timing of the referendum call may well prove a mistake though. I don't understand the logic of that. Asking the voters to decide on a choice based upon two uncertain outcomes seems odd.

Last edited:

JCR

comet

This is why I voted " leave ", I wanted this to happen.

C`mon the English.

C`mon the English.

It was the quickest way to break up the non-united kingdom.

Mitsui2

So why don't you run for office? After all, with your knowledge of everything you could restore the UK to its former glory... or something. :)
She's probably standing in line, jm, presuming that your eternally superior knowledge will make you jump first.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies