Telegraph Poll: 60% support Brexit even if it causes UK breakup

jmcc

She's probably standing in line, jm, and yielding to your eternally superior knowledge.
You've done it now Mitsui2. :) EotN knows everything. To quote Wayne and Garth: We're not worthy.

[video=youtube;gXN1yxax448]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448[/video]

Black Swan

You've done it now Mitsui2. :) EotN knows everything. To quote Wayne and Garth: We're not worthy.
You seem to be obsessed with the poster EOTN's level of knowledge on various subjects. Why is that? :confused:

Glenshane4

The obvious bit. And we still don't know where you stand on Brexit. People need to know these things if you are to be leader of the UK. :)
Please leave it to the people of the UK to decide whether or not we want our country to remain in the UK.

dundealing

Duplicate Account
So why don't you run for office? After all, with your knowledge of everything you could restore the UK to its former glory... or something. :)
Is that not what the Brexiteeers said they were going to do ? , hows that coming along ?

firefly123

They are tired of having open borders rammed down their throats. They are tired of the ECJ (not just the ECHR) preventing terrorists being deported. The ECJ prevented the wife of Abu Hamza being deported.

However for Ireland I am greatly concerned we could become the next Calais. Very concerned many of the 1 million Eastern EU citizens could move here in advance of Brexit. I have a lot of time for Poles but having waited 5 hours in A+E the last thing we need are another million people in the space of a few years.
This Calais claim seems to be bandied about a lot. You do realise if the UK leaves the EU the French will be under no obligation to stop anyone entering the UK and it will be the UKs problem.

Also you mention open borders and Calais camps in the same post. Can you not see the contradiction at all?

jams odonnell

They are tired of having open borders rammed down their throats. They are tired of the ECJ (not just the ECHR) preventing terrorists being deported. The ECJ prevented the wife of Abu Hamza being deported.

However for Ireland I am greatly concerned we could become the next Calais. Very concerned many of the 1 million Eastern EU citizens could move here in advance of Brexit. I have a lot of time for Poles but having waited 5 hours in A+E the last thing we need are another million people in the space of a few years.
Still, those EU immigrants were great cover for the Tory's planned destruction of the NHS.

The Tories fid a great job convincing people like yourself that it was the Poles not the austerity that left you waiting.

Was working great until the referendum. Looks like they won't be able to blame everything bad on the EU for much longer...

Mad as Fish

On the face of it support for Brexit has increased, hardly surprising given the childish tantrums of the EU over the result. Getting out of infants playground seems by far the better option. The 'punishing ' of Britain is just getting their backs up and will be remembered in future years, mark my words, the British haven't forgotten the events of 75 years ago let alone last summer.

Man or Mouse

If they called a second referendum tomorrow I'd say it would be 70-30 for Brexit.
The Doomsayers have been found out.
I wouldn't imagine it has anything to do with doomsayers. Rather, that when Blighty sets it's face against Johnny Foreigner, digging in, pulling up the drawbridge etc, becomes the default position.

Cai

They are tired of having open borders rammed down their throats.
Oddly enough in Wales there was an inverse correlation between immigration levels & Brexit voting. Blaenau Gwent has the highest Brexit votes in Wales, but the lowest immigration levels from outside Wales & from the rest of the UK. The highest Remain vote was in Cardiff - which has a higher non UK immigration rate than anywhere else in the country.

redneck

don't believe Polls. They are not to be trusted. Also there is a scandal now involving the last election expenses, and the Tories. This shows that there is flaws in the electoral system- which could have accounted for the Tory victory in 2015.

jams odonnell

On the face of it support for Brexit has increased, hardly surprising given the childish tantrums of the EU over the result. Getting out of infants playground seems by far the better option. The 'punishing ' of Britain is just getting their backs up and will be remembered in future years, mark my words, the British haven't forgotten the events of 75 years ago let alone last summer.
Always good to have someone else to blame, eh?

Goodbye and good luck!

amist4

I wouldn't imagine it has anything to do with doomsayers. Rather, that when Blighty sets it's face against Johnny Foreigner, digging in, pulling up the drawbridge etc, becomes the default position.
Examples?

firefly123

Still, those EU immigrants were great cover for the Tory's planned destruction of the NHS.

The Tories fid a great job convincing people like yourself that it was the Poles not the austerity that left you waiting.

Was working great until the referendum. Looks like they won't be able to blame everything bad on the EU for much longer...
Look at the post immediately below yours.
The narrative has already changed to the EU punishing the plucky brits as the tunnel their way out of stalagluft EU.
The Tories will use the EU bogeyman as cover for years to come.

jams odonnell

I love this shyte.

Not content with blaming the EU for everything over the last few few the decades, they are now trying to continue to blame the EU for the approaching train wreck. You eat in the restaurant, you pay the bill.

"Go talk to the Greeks, they thought they were special too." - Wolfgang.

Mad as Fish

I love this shyte.

Not content with blaming the EU for everything over the last few few the decades, they are now trying to continue to blame the EU for the approaching train wreck. You eat in the restaurant, you pay the bill.

"Go talk to the Greeks, they thought they were special too." - Wolfgang.
Which train wreck do you refer to, the UK or EU?

jams odonnell

Which train wreck do you refer to, the UK or EU?
Be brave, you are approaching the sunlit uplands!

Exporting wedgewood by sail to New Zealand.

From your perspective the EU is the train wreck!

Leave it behind! Be free!

No deal is better than a bad deal!

Mad as Fish

Be brave, you are approaching the sunlit uplands!

Exporting wedgewood by sail to New Zealand.

From your perspective the EU is the train wreck!

Leave it behind! Be free!

No deal is better than a bad deal!
That's not just the ready rubbed you appear to be inhaling there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom