• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Terence Wheelock R.I.P

drjimryan

Hi all..ive been hearing soundings about this case for quite a while now.....todays Herald and Joe Duffy show are covering it quite extensively......I have no real opinion on this but I have to ask:.....there seems to be so many unanswered questions for the authorities in regard to the circumstances of his death that, I believe only a full Public Inquiry will work at this stage....what do you all think of this case? or can anyone enlighten us?

bobbysands81

I know some people that knew Terence Wheelock quite well. People int he inner city are absolutely furious about this case.

The Gardaí and the Minister for Justice have many unanswered questions about this. The feeling on the street is that the Gardaí killed him and covered it up.

Why did they feel the need to renovate the cell the morning after somebody hanged themself in it? Why threaten his mate and say you'll get the same that Terence got? Terence was in a fine mood in the cell so why kill himself? Why hold back his personal belonging from his family?

Terence was confident that he wouldn't be in trouble because he had a watertight alibi and said that he did nothing wrong.

The Village has done a few excellent pieces on this story over the last few months.

popper

I spend part of every day in the north inner city and know lots of people who live there. I haven't heard ONE of them talking about this case.

bobbysands81

popper said:
I spend part of every day in the north inner city and know lots of people who live there. I haven't heard ONE of them talking about this case.
What's your point caller?

popper

My point is that you claimed that people in the north inner city are furious over the case. Well, none of the people I know are furious. In fact I suspect that they are rather pleased if anything that a well-known criminal is no longer around to pose a threat to themselves and their family. One thing you might not realise about working class Dubs is that they rarely have much time for those in their community like Wheelock who prey upon them. Strange like that ..... :roll:

Gladstone

bobbysands81 said:
I know some people that knew Terence Wheelock quite well. People int he inner city are absolutely furious about this case.

The Gardaí and the Minister for Justice have many unanswered questions about this. The feeling on the street is that the Gardaí killed him and covered it up.

Why did they feel the need to renovate the cell the morning after somebody hanged themself in it? Why threaten his mate and say you'll get the same that Terence got? Terence was in a fine mood in the cell so why kill himself? Why hold back his personal belonging from his family?

Terence was confident that he wouldn't be in trouble because he had a watertight alibi and said that he did nothing wrong.

The Village has done a few excellent pieces on this story over the last few months.
:roll: My god if I hear another conspiricy theory about the evil free staters....

bobbysands81

popper said:
My point is that you claimed that people in the north inner city are furious over the case. Well, none of the people I know are furious. In fact I suspect that they are rather pleased if anything that a well-known criminal is no longer around to pose a threat to themselves and their family. One thing you might not realise about working class Dubs is that they rarely have much time for those in their community like Wheelock who prey upon them. Strange like that ..... :roll:
Honestly that's the first time I heard that he was a "well known criminal". Do you have any proof of that?

Still that shouldn't detract from unanswered questions that the Gardai should be answering.

bobbysands81

Gladstone said:
bobbysands81 said:

:roll: My god if I hear another conspiricy theory about the evil free staters....
It's not my theory my frined, read The Village's articles about it, many unanswered questions.

Gladstone

The village, the Irish Independent of the left wing?, which, like the Independent has a political agenda and lacks any credibility?

Feeling on the street is not = fact

Feeling on the street is blacks get Mercs on arrival to the country.

Why did his family refuse to release his medical records?
and what motive would the cops have for killing him?

bobbysands81

Gladstone said:
The village, the Irish Independent of the left wing?, which, like the Independent has a political agenda and lacks any credibility?

Feeling on the street is not = fact

Feeling on the street is blacks get Mercs on arrival to the country.

Why did his family refuse to release his medical records?
and what motive would the cops have for killing him?
As I said many unanswered questions...

Gladstone

So without offering a poitential motive people just assumed the cops killed him?

bobbysands81

Gladstone said:
So without offering a poitential motive people just assumed the cops killed him?
Another unanswered question...

Believe it or not cops slap people in custody quite regularly, sometimes things go too far.

Gladstone

I don't doubt it.

I'm just saying coming to a conclusion before getting the asnwers to key questions is a little silly.

popper

bobbysands81 said:
Gladstone said:
Another unanswered question...

Believe it or not cops slap people in custody quite regularly, sometimes things go too far.
Boo hoo. It's not as though he was a community activist or a shop steward or a singing nun something. Then yes, people would be furious.

I can well imagine actually why the family refused to release the medical records.

popper

Where's your proof that his death is the cause of fury in the north inner city? :lol:

gurrier

popper said:
Blackening the name of a dead man is pretty darned low. Especially when it is total rubbish. Not even the police have claimed this. The Wheelock family are extremely well respected and their protests have been very well attended.

What is a Department of Justice employee doing on the northside anyway?