• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Terrorism? Or should that be violence?

Figaroni

“And two events today exposed the double standards of Sinn Fein/IRA when it comes to terrorism. The first was Raymond McCartney’s comments on the Nolan Show this morning when, after being challenged as to the difference between the murder of Prison Officers by the Provisionals and yesterday’s murder, he justified the IRA campaign by saying that at time there was “no alternative”. Shameful the DUP chair of the Justice Committee who was appearing on the programme at the same time, Paul Givan, didn’t utter one word of challenge to McCartney’s disgusting comments.

“Later on, Gerry Kelly – who infamously shot a prison officer in the head – demanded the release of Padraic Wilson who today appeared in court charged with IRA offences. There was no suggestion from Kelly that justice should be allowed to run its course. Rather, he stated that Sinn Fein will continue to support Wilson.

“Just as the Provos did, so their blood brothers did yesterday. And Sinn Fein/IRA evidently remains wedded to the justification of terror.”
Sinn Fein Support for Terror as Clear as Ever | - Traditional Unionist Voice
Jim Allister believes no one from the Unionist government British Army/B Specials/UDR/RUC/MI whatever should be persued for any killing in Ireland.
Handy, that.
Jim Allister (or unionism in general) will not discuss why the conflict exploded as it did in 1969. If Raymond McCartney's comments were "disgusting" shouldn't he tell us what alternative was available to nationalists?

Ren84

Republicans really can't win with this lot.

Republican: "I support the killing of David Black"
Unionist: "Vile, evil scum!"

Republican: "I unreservedly condemn the killing of David Black"
Unionist: "Hypocritical vile, evil scum!"

between the bridges

well on here it was more a case of some republicans condemning the murder while expecting praise and a pat on the back for condemning a murder...and other republicans not condemning the murder but not having the balls to say why... and then we had some other republicans who said 'well what did you expect its all the proddy brit planter's fault'...

vivabrigada

well on here it was more a case of some republicans condemning the murder while expecting praise and a pat on the back for condemning a murder...and other republicans not condemning the murder but not having the balls to say why... and then we had some other republicans who said 'well what did you expect its all the proddy brit planter's fault'...
Jim Allister (or unionism in general) will not discuss why the conflict exploded as it did in 1969. If Raymond McCartney's comments were "disgusting" shouldn't he tell us what alternative was available to nationalists?
I oppose violence.
People like Jim Allister have a duty to tell Nationalists what they should have done in face of the violence visited upon them by the discredited Unionist state in this part of Ireland if they think their response was not justified.
What would Jim Allister have done if he was living in Ardoyne in 1969, took the RUC to a Unionist state court to stop them attacking people?

between the bridges

I oppose violence.
People like Jim Allister have a duty to tell Nationalists what they should have done in face of the violence visited upon them by the discredited Unionist state in this part of Ireland if they think their response was not justified.
What would Jim Allister have done if he was living in Ardoyne in 1969, took the RUC to a Unionist state court to stop them attacking people?
good for you, so do i, can i have a blue peter badge? the rest is just waffle about it being all themuns fault! everyone is to blame for our bloody history.

vivabrigada

good for you, so do i, can i have a blue peter badge? the rest is just waffle about it being all themuns fault! everyone is to blame for our bloody history.
Progress.
People like Jim Allister believe the evil IRA woke up in 1969 and decided to be bad people, which obviously wasn't the case.
Jim is wrong.

Truth.ie

“And two events today exposed the double standards of Sinn Fein/IRA when it comes to terrorism. The first was Raymond McCartney’s comments on the Nolan Show this morning when, after being challenged as to the difference between the murder of Prison Officers by the Provisionals and yesterday’s murder, he justified the IRA campaign by saying that at time there was “no alternative”. Shameful the DUP chair of the Justice Committee who was appearing on the programme at the same time, Paul Givan, didn’t utter one word of challenge to McCartney’s disgusting comments.

“Later on, Gerry Kelly – who infamously shot a prison officer in the head – demanded the release of Padraic Wilson who today appeared in court charged with IRA offences. There was no suggestion from Kelly that justice should be allowed to run its course. Rather, he stated that Sinn Fein will continue to support Wilson.

“Just as the Provos did, so their blood brothers did yesterday. And Sinn Fein/IRA evidently remains wedded to the justification of terror.”
Sinn Fein Support for Terror as Clear as Ever | - Traditional Unionist Voice
Jim Allister believes no one from the Unionist government British Army/B Specials/UDR/RUC/MI whatever should be persued for any killing in Ireland.
Handy, that.
Mc Cartney had an option. He could've went into Stormont 30 years ago along with other former IRA men like Paddy Devlin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Devlin
He preferred to stay outside and call Devlin a traitor.

Last edited:

Mickeymac

Progress.
People like Jim Allister believe the evil IRA woke up in 1969 and decided to be bad people, which obviously wasn't the case.
Jim is wrong.

Did Jim or his fellow onionist politicos ever get anything right?

Ex celt

Code:
Oh Boy:roll:
That's one of about 3 standard responses from the most inarticulate scumbag on p.ie.
Anyway,how come you aren't on the blanket on the Jimmy Sands thread. It's right up your street. Lots of nasty bigotry.

Mickeymac

Code:
That's one of about 3 standard responses from the most inarticulate scumbag on p.ie.
Anyway,how come you aren't on the blanket on the Jimmy Sands thread. It's right up your street. Lots of nasty bigotry.

Bigotry and whataboutery is not my forte a$$hole.............end of.

Ex celt

Bigotry and whataboutery is not my forte a$$hole.............end of.
Mickeymac,you're no crack.You need to lighten up and go to english classes. Expand your reading. Try the Mayor of Casterbridge.

Mickeymac

Mickeymac,you're no crack.You need to lighten up and go to english classes. Expand your reading. Try the Mayor of Casterbridge.

I think you need to address that post to onionists who burn books and think Thomas Hardy is some sort of taig.

Ex celt

They seem to dislike libraries when they don't get things there own way, Springfield riots etc.......got it now?
As opposed to the bombings at Belfast Central Library,Public Records Office,Linenhall Library etc carried out by SF/IRA? You are having a laugh Mickeymac and there was me saying you were no crack.
Of course you are half cracked into the bargain.

Mickeymac

As opposed to the bombings at Belfast Central Library,Public Records Office,Linenhall Library etc carried out by SF/IRA? You are having a laugh Mickeymac and there was me saying you were no crack.
Of course you are half cracked into the bargain.

Huge difference between bombing public buildings at a huge price to the Brits and burning libraries where books are stored intended for educating hicks like you.

Beachcomber

No Sinn Fein person has said "I unreservedly condemn the killing of David Black".