Tesco Network is down

General Urko

Mods, I know this is a cherished board, but if it hasn't been addressed already, this topic is causing issues for folk today -

Many people using the site here will know, Tesco is having a crisis with their network.

They as mentioned on their Twitter page:
Damage to the fibre optic network supporting Tesco Mobile services has led to a network outage.

https://twitter.com/tescomobileire?r...Ctwgr^author

General Urko

Bill

What are the charges like with tesco? Are they cheaper than the others?

General Urko

It seems to be off the 02Network ,ive been with them for years never had a problem until today .They have imo some of the best offers out there.
Virgin are trumpeting their phone offer (and their bulk packages are yet again increasing in January) and Tesco's one leaves int in the haypenny place!

General Urko

What are the charges like with tesco? Are they cheaper than the others?
I haven't checked bonkers.ie but they seem to be the lowest in general apart from maybe Lycamobile! But you to get top ups that are relevant as if you just use them without signing up to a bundle/deal, they can be very expensive as they are piggybacking off another network to provide services.
Obviously though if the line is down, that doesn't matter a 3 cornered!

amsterdemmetje

Virgin are trumpeting their phone offer (and their bulk packages are yet again increasing in January) and Tesco's one leaves int in the haypenny place!
Yea the international calls are brilliant to all landlines in EUROPE 1cent a minute no one is offering anything like that .My missus is on the phone to her mother forever.petunia

TakeitAll

Mods, I know this is a cherished board, but if it hasn't been addressed already, this topic is causing issues for folk today -

Many people using the site here will know, Tesco is having a crisis with their network.

They as mentioned on their Twitter page:
Damage to the fibre optic network supporting Tesco Mobile services has led to a network outage.

https://twitter.com/tescomobileire?r...Ctwgr^author
I find the 3 network ok. 30€ a month unlimited data and some free minutes if you are someone who calls people a lot (I'm not). Unlimited data is handy, use phone as a hotspot network when I work from home and it is perfect for most of the day.

Bill

Im on a monthly contract 250 texts and 300 minutes plus 5gb, 20 yoyos.
I haven't checked bonkers.ie but they seem to be the lowest in general apart from maybe Lycamobile! But you to get top ups that are relevant as if you just use them without signing up to a bundle/deal, they can be very expensive as they are piggybacking off another network to provide services.
Obviously though if the line is down, that doesn't matter a 3 cornered!
I'll stick with the 3 thing I'm on, not sure what the international charges are but I get 5gb free data roaming and unlimited at home. 20 quid every 28 days, calls texts etc.. free to 3 and other networks at the weekend.

Lúidín

Thanks for that OP. It took me half the day to realise it was the network and not my own phone.

Luckily I am able to post here by re-routing my messages through my friends in Moscow.

wexfordman

Yea the international calls are brilliant to all landlines in EUROPE 1cent a minute no one is offering anything like that .My missus is on the phone to her mother forever.petunia
Get a VoIP line or use what's app for free

Half Nelson

Stop being a cheapskate and join a real network like Three or Vodafone.
Three? Proof that the world is flat and you can fall off the edge at any moment.

Analyzer

Somebody blame the Russians. Before Senator John McCain does.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies