• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

The Lighthouse Keeper

With apologies to William Shakespeare

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this Tesco, this England."

smitchy2

It is definitely needed for the area
One of the most over-priced zones in Europe.

The prices that tourists are charged here is scandalous.

D

Deleted member 9361

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this Tesco, this England."
At the present when the average Irish person is on the bones of their arse ,and buying tinned Irish Stew from a Tesco in oder to make ends meat(not meet) and soon buying from one in Temple Bar.
And the funny thing is ,its probally better than the MUCK one would get up the road for euro 17.50.
God bless the Queen

fonzie

I'm a Temple Bar resident for the past 6 years - I have to say I welcome the Tesco, more choice for me! There is plenty of cheap booze available in the Super Value on Aston Quay, that has never been the issue - so the pubs objection doesnt really stand up to much scrutiny.

asset test

Is it a Tesco Express or a full supermarket?

Anyway, that old ESB building has been lying idle all through the good years, and was a blot on the landscape. A grey functional eyesore.

Yes, a cultural thinggy or two would be nice in there, but who wants to do that? No one by the looks of things in the past, and certainly not now.

Anyway, there are multiple offies, shops etc. in that area, and competition is GOOD... and I don't care where the competition originates.

I would have preferred and Aldi or Lidl though. They would have undercut all the competition. I have a feeling that Tesco might just be a couple of cents cheaper, that's all. Still.... that Super Valu on Aston Quay is handy on the way home for a few bits, but my God it is full of scangers and druggies both inside and outside. They have good wine offers though, and I often avail of them.

Better to have something in that awful building than nothing. It is a real turn off when having a drink outside the Palace......

D

Deleted member 9361

Is it a Tesco Express or a full supermarket?

Anyway, that old ESB building has been lying idle all through the good years, and was a blot on the landscape. A grey functional eyesore.

Yes, a cultural thinggy or two would be nice in there, but who wants to do that? No one by the looks of things in the past, and certainly not now.

Anyway, there are multiple offies, shops etc. in that area, and competition is GOOD... and I don't care where the competition originates.

I would have preferred and Aldi or Lidl though. They would have undercut all the competition. I have a feeling that Tesco might just be a couple of cents cheaper, that's all. Still.... that Super Valu on Aston Quay is handy on the way home for a few bits, but my God it is full of scangers and druggies both inside and outside. They have good wine offers though, and I often avail of them.

Better to have something in that awful building than nothing. It is a real turn off when having a drink outside the Palace......
I would not be surprised if Aldi or the likes move into the EBS buildings you do not have to be a member of mensa to cop that they would be on a winner in every way.

D

Deleted member 9361

In goes the off licence.
Tesco gets permission for Temple Bar off-licence after successful appeal - The Irish Times - Fri, Feb 25, 2011
" Judge Alison Lindsay said the objectors had missed their opportunity to object to the licence on ground of planning issues at the initial stages and could not do so now. She said Tesco Ireland had complied with all planning laws and the legal proofs necessary to obtain its certificate for a licence"

The local Hoteliers and Publicans will be pissed at this news.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom