• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

TG4 Ratings

Barbarian

I'm surprised thet Hector's show hasn't a better rating - 4%, same as Nuacht. Does this mean the end of the red-haired ones popularity? (oh please God!)

Pidge

Barbarian said:
I'm surprised thet Hector's show hasn't a better rating - 4%, same as Nuacht. Does this mean the end of the red-haired ones popularity? (oh please God!)
We can always pray.

Interesting that so many of the shows in the top rankings are in English, that said, it seems to be a near equal mix, so good job to TG4. It looks like a pro-Irish initiave that actually works.

TheBanned

The Celtic league was a big loss to them.
I used to really enjoy that on Friday evenings :(

TheBanned

Also I wish they'd put subtitles in Irish on their English language shows.
It would be very helpful to learners

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
I agree, frighteningly enough. And all the subtitles should only be avilable through teletext - it's insulting to think that no-one understands what's being said when Irish is spoken on it.

blue33

green said:
I agree, frighteningly enough. And all the subtitles should only be avilable through teletext - it's insulting to think that no-one understands what's being said when Irish is spoken on it.
but not everyone has teletext, by not having subtitles broadcast you would be isolating a large sector of the audience.

blue33

smiffy said:
blue33 said:
but not everyone has teletext, by not having subtitles broadcast you would be isolating a large sector of the audience.
How many people do you reckon have televisions so old they don't have teletext?
alot of new televisions are sold without it.

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
Yes, but by not forcing it on people you are avoiding isolating another large sector of the audience - Gaelgeoirí and learners who don't want damn subtitles popping up and distracting them.
At present, you only have the Nuacht for that.

How many TVs are sold without teletext? :?

Conor

TheBanned

The subtitles on 888 are generally very poorly done especially on news programmes, they often leave lots out , paraphrase and generally lag behind.

Liberty-101

30-40 million.

Total sum of welfare cuts for 2002 were also around 40 million and electronic voting cost around 45.

FF are experts at wasting money.