Thailand Boys and Coach lost in cave found alive

Pythagoras

Wonderful news.

It appears the 12 soccer boys and their coach who went missing in a cave have been found alive.

It reminded me of the Chilean miners being rescued many years ago.

I feel sorry for the coach - I think he may be in a bit of trouble for bringing the boys down a cave during flooding season. There were signs outside the entrance to the cave warning of the dangers.

Pythagoras

They seem to be too weak to move. Getting them out may be a long process.

Betson

Was not expecting this story to end like this, hopefully they can all get out alive now. But
a bit to go yet , Monsoon rains hindering the rescue.

NYCKY

Great news, the world could use some. I wasn't anticipating a happy outcome here.

firefly123

stuck in the absolute blackness for that long is going to leave mental scars.
poor kids

Wascurito

Wonderful news.

It appears the 12 soccer boys and their coach who went missing in a cave have been found alive.

It reminded me of the Chilean miners being rescued many years ago.

I feel sorry for the coach - I think he may be in a bit of trouble for bringing the boys down a cave during flooding season. There were signs outside the entrance to the cave warning of the dangers.
That's the first I've read of this. They were locals and knew the cave complex well, apparently.

GDPR

Devout Buddhists would say the happy outcome was due to the nation's prayers.

Pythagoras

Pictures of the boys just after their rescue are now appearing. They appear to be in good health and obviously very happy.

Lagertha

That's amazing news, it wasn't looking good. Delighted they were found safe. A good news story for a change.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Wonderful. How happy their parents must be wand how overwhelming their relief.

Wascurito

One picture on CNN from inside the cave shows them look cheerful, smiling and giving thumbs up to the camera.

Apparently, they'd managed to make their way to an "elevated, dry area" of the cave complex.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Fantastic piece of news in fairness. Not often these things work out this way and I didn't think this was going to end well but great stuff altogether.

Wascurito

The local governor is saying that the boys will be taken out once the cave is drained. Others say that they'll still need to be brought out underwater and that none of them have ever dived before so that will be a very difficult process.

GDPR

stuck in the absolute blackness for that long is going to leave mental scars.
poor kids
Not sure they were in total darkness. Surely they took torches with them to explore. Having a group in the same situation would likely lessen any mental scars. Hope the coach was upbeat.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies