Thank goodness Arlene hasn't decided to parade with an anti-Catholic organisation

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Well folks, I would have thought she might have learned her lessons at poking the Fenian crocodile from recent election results, but Arlene seems to be going out of her way to antagonize the Fenians whenever possible. No one in the north will do more to promote Sinn Fein and a United Ireland than Arlene ?

Arlene Foster to lead Orange Order parade in Scotland
DUP leader criticized for ‘unprecedented’ decision to attend Boyne march in Fife
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/01/arlene-foster-accepts-invitation-to-lead-orange-order-parade

McSlaggart

Well folks, I would have thought she might have learned her lessons at poking the Fenian crocodile from recent election results, but Arlene seems to be going out of her way to antagonize the Fenians whenever possible. No one in the north will do more to promote Sinn Fein and a United Ireland than Arlene ?

DUP leader criticized for ‘unprecedented’ decision to attend Boyne march in Fife
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/01/arlene-foster-accepts-invitation-to-lead-orange-order-parade
I think this could work out as a lose lose situation for both parties involved.

"Ms Foster’s party – whose 10 MPs are propping up Theresa May’s government – oppose extending women’s rights to Northern Ireland."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2721673/orange-order-arlene-foster-dup-northeern-ireland-lead-scottish-march-cowdenbeath/

FOURGREENFIELDS

Nothing Foster does surprises people anymore, she nailed her colours to the mast a long time ago. You have to hand it to Arlene, she has almost on her own killed power-sharing in the North for good and driven cross community relations back 25 years. To be fair also to the Scottish Orange Order and their supporters they are on a par, if not worse, than their 6 county counterparts for sectarian hatred and bigotry. I have had the unfortunate experience of travelling on the same boat as them a few times in the summer months and repugnant and vile don't come near describing them. Arlene will be in good company as they can all snarl and seethe together in a big, bitter field in Fife.

McSlaggart

Shock horror. Unionist is involved with Loyal Orders!
I am in full support of the woman from Fermanagh sharing her popularity with the loyal orders in Scotland. I think the symbiotic relationship of the DUP and Orange order should get as much publicity as possible.

belfast1981

Who cares? I mean really.

Loyalist in loyalist parade... shocker. How is it 'Antagonising the Fenians' as you put it. It's a loyalist band, at a loyalist event. But I fail to see how attending an event outside of Northern Ireland, or Ireland completely for that matter is an attempt to poke SF.

Is a SF member taking part in a 1916 Easter rising event an attempt to poke the DUP? nope.

Ridiculous.

McSlaggart

Loyalist in loyalist parade... shocker. How is it 'Antagonising the Fenians' as you put it. It's a loyalist band, at a loyalist event. But I fail to see how attending an event outside of Northern Ireland, or Ireland completely for that matter is an attempt to poke SF.

Is a SF member taking part in a 1916 Easter rising event an attempt to poke the DUP? nope.

Ridiculous.
I do. I want the video of her speech on the back of the lorry to the waiting mass of Orange men. It will be a new cultural event a funny/nasty .... :)

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Nothing Foster does surprises people anymore, she nailed her colours to the mast a long time ago. You have to hand it to Arlene, she has almost on her own killed power-sharing in the North for good and driven cross community relations back 25 years. To be fair also to the Scottish Orange Order and their supporters they are on a par, if not worse, than their 6 county counterparts for sectarian hatred and bigotry. I have had the unfortunate experience of travelling on the same boat as them a few times in the summer months and repugnant and vile don't come near describing them. Arlene will be in good company as they can all snarl and seethe together in a big, bitter field in Fife.
She'll probably do wonders for the SNP too !! Foster is like a bull in a China shop, for a woman who has a degree in law you'd expect a lot more savvy, but she's more of a political Neanderthal :roll:

Ah but sure the Imperial Knights of the OO in Scotland are almost bankrupt apparently so Arlene wants to give those dinosaurs a wee boost Orange Order in Scotland is on the brink of collapse, according to leading historian Tom Devine | HeraldScotland

Ridiculous.
So you think somehow the 1916 Rising is the equivalent of that sectarian supremacist organisation the OO ?

[video=youtube;kAeEJ3a2yt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAeEJ3a2yt0&list=PL_7aoMNeslBJal2rgy4PbWznMDiSwnmxp&index=8&t=0s[/video]

Last edited:

FOURGREENFIELDS

Ridiculous.
To be fair I don't think many people DO indeed really care about this BUT it's the nauseating double standards that need to be highlighted; hypocrisy which South of the border especially seems to be the mantra and rule for the political and media Establishment. So Arlene goes to a meeting of a fundamentalist, quasi paramilitary organisation with a record second to none for hateful sectarian, ethnic and racist bigotry. An organisation that would seek to expel it's member for attending Catholic Churches BUT if you are a sectarian murderer, like Brian Robinson gives you a banner and an annual march; an organisation who if you are a Shankill Butcher serial killer like Eddie McElwaine, makes you a steward on it's parades;an organisation that EVERY year uses UVF/UDA bands to lead it's parades, the same bands who stop and play their rabid bile outside Chapels. If a Sinn Fein member goes to a Republican meeting, commemoration, gathering etc the media howl about offending Unionists....excuse me while I puke AGAIN at the hypocrisy.

Craigmore..

Sure she was the twelfth last year in Fermanagh. Meanwhile Mary lou and Miss piggy jumped around celebrating the yes like they won the lottery. Reprobate! Bigotry and sleaze dressed up as liberalism.

Remember who rules the roost P.

McSlaggart

Sure she was the twelfth last year in Fermanagh.
"The Orange Order in Belfast, which has a smaller membership than Fermanagh, is singled out for criticism as "the tail wagging the dog".

Orange leaders are criticised for not condemning "the louts that riot and give us a bad name".

"No matter how we create good relations in Fermanagh we will always be let down by the hooligans in Belfast who tarnish our reputation.""
Orange Order betrayed by Belfast hooligans - The Irish News

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Nothing Foster does surprises people anymore, she nailed her colours to the mast a long time ago. You have to hand it to Arlene, she has almost on her own killed power-sharing in the North for good and driven cross community relations back 25 years.
Whether that is true or not, I remember reading this Forum when Mrs Foster became 1st Minister & Ratio predicted just that. I recall her saying that even Gregory Campbell would've been a better choice.

Personally I wanted Willy McCrea.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

To be fair I don't think many people DO indeed really care about this BUT it's the nauseating double standards that need to be highlighted; hypocrisy which South of the border especially seems to be the mantra and rule for the political and media Establishment. So Arlene goes to a meeting of a fundamentalist, quasi paramilitary organisation with a record second to none for hateful sectarian, ethnic and racist bigotry. An organisation that would seek to expel it's member for attending Catholic Churches BUT if you are a sectarian murderer, like Brian Robinson gives you a banner and an annual march; an organisation who if you are a Shankill Butcher serial killer like Eddie McElwaine, makes you a steward on it's parades;an organisation that EVERY year uses UVF/UDA bands to lead it's parades, the same bands who stop and play their rabid bile outside Chapels. If a Sinn Fein member goes to a Republican meeting, commemoration, gathering etc the media howl about offending Unionists....excuse me while I puke AGAIN at the hypocrisy.
As Bel said, they both engage in it. Remember the "new" Sinn Fein outreaching to Unionists shouting Tiocfaid ar la at the Ard Fheis?

CastleRay

Who are these “Fenians” that she has gone out of her way to poke by doing this and how has it poked them?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Sure she was the twelfth last year in Fermanagh. Meanwhile Mary lou and Miss piggy jumped around celebrating the yes like they won the lottery. Reprobate! Bigotry and sleaze dressed up as liberalism.

Remember who rules the roost P.
Michelle O'Neill nicknamed "Blondie" on Willie Frazer's facebook page beats Snarlene any day ;)

Beachcomber

What's the problem?

Are you feeling oppressed?

Mickeymac

Absolutely PON, but the sinister thing in such stunts are an attempt to polarise the communities in the false statelet even further......disgraceful and disgusting IMO.

Most Replies