• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

That Deputy Lowry tape

ger12

Today's Sindo headline is being mentioned on a number of threads so thought I'd start one that simply deals with this breaking news. No link yet, but the gist of today's story by Elaine Byrne and Gene Kerrigan, is that Deputy Lowry may have said something, caught on tape, that may suggest he didn't declare a very large sum of money. CAB may have now been handed this tape.

Will post link as soon as it's available.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/if-that-comes-out-im-ruined-lowry-29090809.html

Last edited:

Marcos the black

I cringe that the voters of my constituency repeatedly vote for this guy. If I say a bad word about him up in my local I'm attacked left right and centre..... So I do... At every opportunity :)

ger12

I cringe that the voters of my constituency repeatedly vote for this guy. If I say a bad word about him up in my local I'm attacked left right and centre..... So I do... At every opportunity :)
Thanks for taking one for the team;

sic transit

Today's Sindo headline is being mentioned on a number of threads so thought I'd start one that simply deals with this breaking news. No link yet, but the gist of today's story by Elaine Byrne and Gene Kerrigan, is that Deputy Lowry may have said something, caught on tape, that may suggest he didn't declare a very large sum of money. CAB have now been handed this tape.

Will post link as soon as it's available. Meanwhile ...

https://twitter.com/ChristineBohan/status/305438017059946496/photo/1
Why CAB and not Revenue?

ger12

ger12

daveL

who would have thought such a thing?

such an upstanding gent

cricket

I'm nearly tempted to buy the Sindo for the first time in years, but will hang on in hope here.

Belodedici

Why CAB and not Revenue?
CAB is the appropriate place for these sort of cases, as it is much easier to bury them there, never to be seen again, similar to the usual response where the file was sent to the DPP.

Fr.Ted Crilly

ger12

CAB is the appropriate place for these sort of cases, as it is much easier to bury them there, never to be seen again, similar to the usual response where the file was sent to the DPP.
I'd strongly disagree with that. CAB have been very effective to date.