The 1918 Election Explained. Why Sinn Fein Won.

redneck

Ironically Sinn Fein no longer believe in the Independence of Ireland

They now think we should be part of another Union

- the European Union.
What do Labour believe in? Making as much money as possible: 6 of their 7 TD's are Millionaires. They will go "into bed" with Leo V if the price is right.

Talk Back

As true today as it was in 1918.

England's difficulty is Ireland's opportunity - if not now with brexit, when?

The name of the game for Ireland is to weaken the unwanted link between our country and Britain - end the shame of partition, and restore the territorial integrity and honour of our Nation.

McTell

Twitter
No
My 4 grandparents voted SF in 1918 because it would send a message that whatever came down the tracks it would be more than the 1914 home rule act. That was the buzz in the local area.

Being in charge of the finances and taxes. They told me that they expected a lot of talk before anyone would think about fighting - a really horrible war had just ended.

Also the idea that freedom would make us richer, of course, nobody expected us to get poorer. They were midlands farmers, not the smallest nor the biggest, practical minded.

Catalpast

My 4 grandparents voted SF in 1918 because it would send a message that whatever came down the tracks it would be more than the 1914 home rule act. That was the buzz in the local area.

Being in charge of the finances and taxes. They told me that they expected a lot of talk before anyone would think about fighting - a really horrible war had just ended.

Also the idea that freedom would make us richer, of course, nobody expected us to get poorer. They were midlands farmers, not the smallest nor the biggest, practical minded.
Being in charge of the finances and taxes.

Our ability to control our own Tax Laws is about to be taken from us

European Commission - Press release

Digital Taxation: Commission proposes new measures to ensure that all companies pay fair tax in the EU

Brussels, 21 March 2018

Digital Taxation: Commission proposes new measures to ensure that all companies pay fair tax in the EU

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Digital Taxation: Commission proposes new measures to ensure that all companies pay fair tax in the EU

Sinn Fein fully support this State being in the EU

I take it your grandparents would not vote SF today?