• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The 2019 GAA National leagues and Championship.

Round tower

It is alot better than the free kicks except with the GAA penos, nominate 5 PT if the teams are still level when after both teams have take the 5, it goes back to the 5 again, that is wrong, in sudden death it should keep going through the team till all 15 has taken a penalty then go back to No 1,
It says that a team must nominate a GK , a sub keeper and 5 penalty takers, what about if the goalie is a great penalty taker, can they nominate him as a penalty taker.
For GAA fans a warning, their has being some videos available on U tube in penalty shootouts where the ball say hit the crossbar comes out. The keeper thinks that is it but a strange bounce of the ball means the ball goes backwards into the net, a good penalty

redneck

Great win today by Galway in Nowlan park, Kikenny. Great match, great scores, hurling at it's best.

Round tower

2nd Round of the football qualifiers, guess what they have fixed the Down V Mayo for Newry at 7 PM on the Sat. evening. One Mayo supporter said from here in Ballina area it's 4 hours drive each way. So if the game finishes at FT u are talking about 12.30/1when they will get home, 1 before CT. But take a person from say Achill, Westport or Bellmullet u are talking at least another hour so if the game goes to ET and penos, u are talking to after 3am wwhen they get.
So the GAA knows put the Mayo game on at any time their supporters will turn up, don't know is it for SKY or not.

Antrim v Kildare, Corrigan Park, 3pm - *Subject to inspection and safety certification

Longford v Tyrone, Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, 5pm
Derry v Laois, Owenbeg, 5pm
Westmeath v Limerick, TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar, 6pm
Leitrim v Clare, Avantcard Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada, 6pm
Monaghan v Armagh, St Tiernach's Park, 7pm
Down v Mayo, Páirc Esler, 7pm

Sunday June 23
Offaly v Sligo, Bord Na Mona O'Connor Park, 2pm

Has any of the away supporters on at 3pm or 5pm have between 4 to 5.5 hours to travel

redneck

Connacht football final on next Sunday in Pearse stadium Salthill. Galway V Roscommon. I predict a Galway win. Slan

bang bang

Great win today by Galway in Nowlan park, Kikenny. Great match, great scores, hurling at it's best.
Went to super value to get tickets for Dublin v Galway in Parnell Park on Saturday evening, sold out, sick as a pig and the kids weren't too pleased either. The I find out it's only on sky, it'll be the radio for me. Should be an absolute cracker, I think we might do it with home advantage.

Jealous Monk

Went to super value to get tickets for Dublin v Galway in Parnell Park on Saturday evening, sold out, sick as a pig and the kids weren't too pleased either. The I find out it's only on sky, it'll be the radio for me. Should be an absolute cracker, I think we might do it with home advantage.
As far as I know, the Dublin match was sold out a few weeks ago. It's not on Sky either.

Isn't there something strange about the fact that Irish people have to tune in to a British station to watch their national sport?

crossman

Offaly relegated to third tier of hurling. A disaster as we need as many counties as possible competing at the top level. The Offaly team of Whelehan, Troy, etc played some of the best hurling I have ever seen.

Jealous Monk

Offaly relegated to third tier of hurling. A disaster as we need as many counties as possible competing at the top level. The Offaly team of Whelehan, Troy, etc played some of the best hurling I have ever seen.
What has happened to them? Why the huge fall from grace?

SuirView

It's not "A disaster".
That's their level.

crossman

It's not "A disaster".
That's their level.
I know its their level now. Perhaps I should have said its a disaster a county that had such a great team has run its affairs so badly it is now in the third tier. That is not good for hurling as we need counties like Offaly (and Antrim and Laois) competing with the top teams.

redneck

Well Leinster final is a traditional one - Kilkenny V Wexford. I think this could be Wex's year. Galway out. But well done to them. This team has given their all over the last 10 years. They got their Celtic crosses in 2017. Gaillimh abú

redneck

It is good to see Dubs still in All Ireland series. There are 4 teams in Leinster with fairly even abilities. 4 teams ended on 5 points for example. Thrilling stuff.

Orbit v2

As far as I know, the Dublin match was sold out a few weeks ago. It's not on Sky either.

Isn't there something strange about the fact that Irish people have to tune in to a British station to watch their national sport?
It wasn't even on Sky. The Wex Kilkenny game was.

redneck

Really great match tonight in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Cork very unlucky not to get a draw at least. Ref not great but Cork took 13/26 chances, Kerry much better ratio. Ref blew up as Cork were playing a ball into full forward, who scored. Where is the advantage?
David Moran was immense for Kerry in midfield.

Orbit v2

Really great match tonight in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. Cork very unlucky not to get a draw at least. Ref not great but Cork took 13/26 chances, Kerry much better ratio. Ref blew up as Cork were playing a ball into full forward, who scored. Where is the advantage?
David Moran was immense for Kerry in midfield.
That's good to hear. Hope for the Munster championship yet.

Round tower

The Leinster final is verry poor, Meath would not hit a barn door with a shovel, 3 points out of 17 scoring chances, but only 6 down

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies