The 2019 GAA National leagues and Championship.

redneck

The whispers are far more sinister in Galway. Sponsors dont publically demand accounts because the players went to Dubai instead of Portugal.
Don't believe the whispers. Supermac wants out of his 5 year sponsorship deal. The fall off in Beef consumption and the trend towards vegatarian food is hitting his chain of shops.
The alleged overspend, while it is not to be condoned, is overstated. Galway really lost out in the 00's, when they bought the Mountain south site. At celtic tiger prices. And lost 2-3 million when the price fell. Ironically Supermac was the sponsor at the time this was done I do believe.

Buchaill Dana

Don't believe the whispers. Supermac wants out of his 5 year sponsorship deal. The fall off in Beef consumption and the trend towards vegatarian food is hitting his chain of shops.
The alleged overspend, while it is not to be condoned, is overstated. Galway really lost out in the 00's, when they bought the Mountain south site. At celtic tiger prices. And lost 2-3 million when the price fell. Ironically Supermac was the sponsor at the time this was done I do believe.
Its not an alleged overspend. Its alleged fraud. And the sponsor have an obligation to make sure they aren't being fleeced.

But if you want to believe a €150m+ turnover business that made over €22m profit while expanding into retail wants out and is inventing this scandal to do so, rather than just pull out, carry right on ahead. Because every article I can see is referncing bumper profits & record turnovers.

Last edited:

Northsideman

In the Leinster championship next year QF draw, Westmeath V Dublin, except Westmeath won't be at home it will be played in Croke Park. Westmeath should say Mullingar or nowhere, no matter what your stadium hold if u are drawn at home u should be at home. As i have pointed out before, the FAC if a minnow draw the big guns of the PL at home, the games is played at the minnows grounds.
I agree it should be in Cusack Park, no if or buts.

Northsideman

Its not an alleged overspend. Its alleged fraud. And the sponsor have an obligation to make sure they aren't being fleeced.

But if you want to believe a €150m+ turnover business that made over €22m profit while expanding into retail wants out and is inventing this scandal to do so, rather than just pull out, carry right on ahead. Because every article I can see is referncing bumper profits & record turnovers.
Who made the allegation of fraud? What was the nature of the alleged fraud?

neveragain

The whispers are far more sinister in Galway. Sponsors dont publically demand accounts because the players went to Dubai instead of Portugal.
For once you are close to the money " no pun intended'
this goes back to 2015 at the minimum, All Ireland ticket money not accounted for and the like. God knows what else was going on and nobody providing answers.

Rumour has it that Prime Time are going to go public when the Brexit shitfest is over.
i can't wait.

Northsideman

this goes back to 2015 at the minimum, All Ireland ticket money not accounted for and the like. God knows what else was going on and nobody providing answers.

Rumour has it that Prime Time are going to go public when the Brexit shitfest is over.
i can't wait.
The ticket money was repaid albeit very late in the day. There needs to be a clear out in Galway and why they need 2 boards is also worth questioning. As for Prime Time, don't make me fukin laugh they found time to undermine Dublin's 5 in a row the greatest ever achievement by any county only a couple of days after the replayed final and Brexit didn't stop that. RTE are a biased shower of fukers, they even fixed a Presidential election and got away with it, that should have been investigated by An Garda.

Northsideman

11,000 capacity, is their a mininum capacity for championship games
Newbridge holds far less and Kildare hosted and beat Mayo, Westmeath are entitled to home advantage.

Betson

i can't wait.

A lot of rumors of lavish credit card expenses that don't have anything to do the with the GAA.

The thing is these rumours will keep swirling around until, they publish the report that was commissioned and completed into the finance spend by the county board , all Supermac's are requesting is that this report now be published so they can see where their sponsorship money is going.

You would have to assume they have heard rumors or tip off's as well , thus them going public and getting very persistent that the report be published.

neveragain

The ticket money was repaid albeit very late in the day. There needs to be a clear out in Galway and why they need 2 boards is also worth questioning. As for Prime Time, don't make me fukin laugh they found time to undermine Dublin's 5 in a row the greatest ever achievement by any county only a couple of days after the replayed final and Brexit didn't stop that. RTE are a biased shower of fukers, they even fixed a Presidential election and got away with it, that should have been investigated by An Garda.
I would agree with you but I would still like to hear what they have to say.
as for the bright spark who thought up the two County Boards idea well the more said the better.

I'm still raging over the abuse dished out to our minor footballers before playing in an All Ireland final.
I wonder how many of the County board officials travelled up on the Sunday of the game, my bet is none.

Northsideman

I would agree with you but I would still like to hear what they have to say.
as for the bright spark who thought up the two County Boards idea well the more said the better.

I'm still raging over the abuse dished out to our minor footballers before playing in an All Ireland final.
I wonder how many of the County board officials travelled up on the Sunday of the game, my bet is none.
I missed the minor footballers issue, what's the story there?

neveragain

I missed the minor footballers issue, what's the story there?
They were made to travel up on the morning of the game.

A good few of those young lads are living in Connemara and had to be on the road at 5am to make the bus on time,

Pat McDonagh would not have been too pleased about that either.

Northsideman

They were made to travel up on the morning of the game.

A good few of those young lads are living in Connemara and had to be on the road at 5am to make the bus on time,

Pat McDonagh would not have been too pleased about that either.
FFS that's madness. WTF is going on, the clubs need to revolt and get a special agm organised and clear the muppets out. Galway needs a guy like John Costello.

redneck

FFS that's madness. WTF is going on, the clubs need to revolt and get a special agm organised and clear the muppets out. Galway needs a guy like John Costello.
Galway have just bought in an Operations and Financial controller. His name is Mark Goettsche and he is from London GAA.

redneck

i can't wait.
RTE are nearly broke. When can we see a "Primetime special" on this? LOL

Buchaill Dana

Galway have just bought in an Operations and Financial controller. His name is Mark Goettsche and he is from London GAA.
Correct.

"The position has been created in response to the gross mismanagement of the county’s finances in recent years and to guarantee the transparency and oversight which were totally absent during the period 2015-17.

Following an independent audit commissioned by Croke Park and an internal investigation led by county board treasurer Mike Burke, it was revealed last December that the Galway GAA credit card had been abused for the payment of personal expenses - officer expenses totalled €45k in 2016 - while a ticket debt of almost half a million was allowed to accrue."

Sounds like a job for the fraud squad. Still sticking with the 'its a bit of an overspend' and 'supermacs cant afford it' line?

redneck

Correct.

"The position has been created in response to the gross mismanagement of the county’s finances in recent years and to guarantee the transparency and oversight which were totally absent during the period 2015-17.

Following an independent audit commissioned by Croke Park and an internal investigation led by county board treasurer Mike Burke, it was revealed last December that the Galway GAA credit card had been abused for the payment of personal expenses - officer expenses totalled €45k in 2016 - while a ticket debt of almost half a million was allowed to accrue."

Sounds like a job for the fraud squad. Still sticking with the 'its a bit of an overspend' and 'supermacs cant afford it' line?
Well RTE are in debt for Millions of euros. Sounds like a job for the fraud squad to me. Also several high profile Fine Gael TD's were told to give back expenses. Six in total.

Also the Dáil and Seanad Rugby team just came back from a junket to Japan for the World cup. I am guessing that some of this came from their expense accounts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies