The 2020 GAA National leagues and Championship.

Clanrickard

You've only realised that now!
Buchaill Dana is a spoofer and talks rubbish on most topics but he has a particular hatred of the GAA. I reckon he was an unused sub at under 12s and has never gotten over it.

Buchaill Dana

I dont think you could find two gaa clubs who have hooligan groups and have had such serious trouble.

Dont know of any gaa supporter being stabbed.

Its crazy to compare the gaa where opposing fans sit beside each other with football and its fan segregation.
Rathrum and Rathnew.

Wasn't a Donegal GAA fan murdered in 1992 on O'Connell St?

The lack of segregation didn't work at the weekend.

Round tower

You don’t go to bohs rovers matches if you think a few people shouting at a ref is a serious homicide issue.
Verbal abuse of a ref. is not on, Dubs. abusing the ref. after their 2nd or 3rd team losing to Longfford in a mickey mouse pre league friendly inter county competition, imagine the trouble their would be if they lost a All Ire. final or semifinal

carlovian

Verbal abuse of a ref. is not on, Dubs. abusing the ref. after their 2nd or 3rd team losing to Longfford in a mickey mouse pre league friendly inter county competition, imagine the trouble their would be if they lost a All Ire. final or semifinal

Of course its not on.

And anyone getting upset at an OByrne cup match in January needs to look at themselves.

paulp

Of course its not on.

And anyone getting upset at an OByrne cup match in January needs to look at themselves.
Where non of the team that togs out will be in the championship panel, and you make 27 substitutions during the game.

redneck

Another new season kicks off. I hope Dubs do not make it 6 in a row. But who can stop them. Tipp to win the hurling again.

Socratus O' Pericles

Still...Up The Dubs, eh? Limerick for the hurling.

Betson

Another new season kicks off. I hope Dubs do not make it 6 in a row. But who can stop them. Tipp to win the hurling again.

Hard to see past the Dubs alright , Kerry seem the only ones with a realistic chance especially now that Tyrone look like losing their best player from last year to Aussie rules.

They say sometimes you have to lose one to win one , maybe that will be the case with Kerry and they are the right age profile to come back stronger this year , I would not rule them out but 2nd favourites behind Dublin.

As for the Hurling , it is wide open again , very few would have predicted Tipp last year or Limerick the year before. I think Galway will come back strong again despite the off field issues going on in the county, Limerick will also fancy their chances big time in one they feel they left behind last year although they were beaten 3 times in the championship last year.

Don't know who but I reckon another big gun to fall in the round Robin stage , we have had Tipp in 18 , Galway in 19, maybe KK or Cork in 20.

Northsideman

The football championship could be very different this year as a result of the forward mark. A team could win an AI final just because one forward was able to field a long pass and thus gets a free shot at a point, crazy shit.

Dublin red hot favs again but Kerry will be there also as will I believe Galway, they will now under Joyce abandon anti football and have some really good players to play real football, could be the surprise packet.

Hurling is wide open and unpredictable, I hope Dublin see some redemption after the debacle against Laois. I'd love to see Dublin, Wexford or Waterford winning it but perhaps it won't be this year.

carlovian

Hard to see past the dubs but Kerry will give them a rattle. Limerick or Tipp in
the hurling, hope its limerick.

The main thing is for Carlow to get out of division 4 in the football, stay in Division 1
in the hurling and win the McDonagh cup.

AhNowStop

The football championship could be very different this year as a result of the forward mark. A team could win an AI final just because one forward was able to field a long pass and thus gets a free shot at a point, crazy shit.

Dublin red hot favs again but Kerry will be there also as will I believe Galway, they will now under Joyce abandon anti football and have some really good players to play real football, could be the surprise packet.

Hurling is wide open and unpredictable, I hope Dublin see some redemption after the debacle against Laois. I'd love to see Dublin, Wexford or Waterford winning it but perhaps it won't be this year.
Yep, a big lumper who can catch the ball but do feck all else could be the main man on any team .. its absolute balderdash :rolleyes:

Betson

A very valid point , the rule change is a big one and makes it unpredictable as to which teams will adapt to it best.

Is that change here for the year regardless , if during the league they find it is not working are they still stuck with it for the championship?

Northsideman

A very valid point , the rule change is a big one and makes it unpredictable as to which teams will adapt to it best.

Is that change here for the year regardless , if during the league they find it is not working are they still stuck with it for the championship?
It was voted in so would take a special Congress to change it so yes here for the championship.

redneck

Who will win the AIB club championships?
Well I am tipping Corofin of Galway to win the Football. On Sunday at 4pm
And Ballyhale Shamrocks to beat Borrisoleigh of Tipp in the hurling. I think this will be fairly close though. Borris could beat Ballyhale. But on balance Henry Sheflin's team should do it.
Corofin should have too much for the boys from county Down. Slán

Betson

Who will win the AIB club championships?
Well I am tipping Corofin of Galway to win the Football. On Sunday at 4pm
And Ballyhale Shamrocks to beat Borrisoleigh of Tipp in the hurling. I think this will be fairly close though. Borris could beat Ballyhale. But on balance Henry Sheflin's team should do it.
Corofin should have too much for the boys from county Down. Slán

Corofin and Ballyhale are deservedly odds on to win their matches and should do so.

Killcoo and Borrisoleigh have been surprise packets to get this far.

Borrisoleigh even upset the odds to get to the county final never mind win it and they have also have been big underdogs in every game since , they have had an unbelievable run to the final but the fairy tale should end for them tomorrow , their two lively corner forwards are still at school and playing Harty cup and staring in that as well midweek most weeks but Ballyhale are a very strong and experienced side and should have far too much for them tomorrow.

brughahaha

Love to see huge underdogs Kilcoo do it. Club Championship hasnt been won by Down since 88

redneck

Corofin win after extra time. Hard luck Kilcoo. A good match. Well done Ballyhale Shamrocks too.

Northsideman

Corofin win after extra time. Hard luck Kilcoo. A good match. Well done Ballyhale Shamrocks too.
Football triumphs over anti football and rightly so. The Kilcoo style is a pox on the game.

Northsideman

Could be some big pointers in HQ tonight, if Kerry win it lays down a big marker, if Dublin win unfit as they are right now well then it's ominous and will look like business as usual. Big night for Dessie, his family and club.

5 Ballymun players in the starting line up, they have had up to 9 in the panel but still struggle in the county championship. Never got over losing the AI final and now not the sum of their parts, maybe this will be their year.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies