The 4 year plan

tullahogue

Why 4 years? the EU should told it is not realistic, this is because the money markets and the banks who caused this want things back to normal asap f**k them

Luigi Vampa

Year 1 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
Year 2 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
Year 3 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
Year 4 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense

kerdasi amaq

The four year plan has a fatal flaw.

The tax-payers don't have the income to make the plan work.

Mitsui2

Year 1 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
Year 2 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
Year 3 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
Year 4 - keep the golden circle and their cronies wealthy at the taxpayers expense
You clearly have access to deliberations that are being conducted "at a very high level"....or, as those of us condemned to live in the real world might phrase it, somewhere a couple of floors below gutter level. I think you've got it nailed!

hammer

Lets make middle income / middle class ireland bankrupt in only 4 years :(

Then we will have cheap labour forever :(

Bridget558

Only 4 more hours and we will know, its sounds like there will be no surprises. The students must be happy that there will be no third level fees

Sync

Yeah it's pretty much all expected now. Wider tax bands, fewer credits, reduction of PS numbers. Shrinking the state basically back to the mid 2000s.

And to make you feel better, he's Lenno giving us a big thumbs up. So you know everything's super.

Finbar10

What should we expect to be in this 4 year plan ?
I'd guess:
5 billion in tax increases (income taxes/water/property etc.)
2 billion from PS pay (retirements under hiring freeze, voluntary redundancies, some efficiencies) assuming Croke Park stays (the plan will say this anyway)
5 billion from welfare (fuel heating entitlements/welfare pay levels/rent supplement etc.)
3 billion from elsewhere (what's left of capital program, cut in university funding->fees/high reg fees, cuts in services, abolishment some tax breaks)

Watcher2

The four year plan has a fatal flaw.

The tax-payers don't have the income to make the plan work.
I think this is untrue.

I've relayed this story here before, but here it is again.

2 people I know, one on a bit more than the average wage, the other earning a bit under it. Anyway, as the one who earns over the ave wage was telling me that if €80 property tax was imposed he simply would not be able afford his house. 2 weeks previous, he told me how he was buying 3 tellies for his house (50 inch, 26 inch and 22 inch)

Second person is a friend of my wifes. They were splitting the cost of a birthday present. One present was going to set them each back €30 but the "less than average wage eraner" saw a similar present that would set them back €13 each and wanted to only go with this because "she couldn't afford" the higher price. a week previous, she shelled out €180 on a new coat (which she didn't need).

Now they are 2 stories in my small circle of friends in the very recent past. I'm sure such stories are replicate right across this country. So I take with a grain of salt all these stories of Irish poor mouth. I'll accept that people cant afford the austerity measures when matched against the lifestyles people would like, but wake up, we have a problem.

Social Conscience

If we have got rid of FF completely it will be a success
This SADLY will NEVER happen. I have just been directed to the Clare FM website where FF are polling at 36% on their online poll. I'm horrified at such figures and I give up on the Irish people. :shock2:

Miserable eFFer

Lets make middle income / middle class ireland bankrupt in only 4 years :(

Then we will have cheap labour forever :(
That'll be a natural consequence of default. This country cannot afford the level of bailout being discussed. Default will happen sooner or later.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies