artfoley56

Next week's headlines:

Shatter goes on machine-gun rampage in South Dublin nursing home
"Objections to my conduct are Kafkaesque" – says former minister

Shatter takes the stand at Graham Dwyer murder trial
"The jury deserve to hear to hear my view on all of this" – says our Alan
Shatter to kenny: "come here and I'll bate ya like a ginger stepchild"

McTell

Maybe They Can Call It The ‘Alan, Jack And Jill Foundation’ Now, Suggests Shatter

"FORMER minister for Justice Alan Shatter suggested to members of the Jack and Jill foundation that a name change could be warranted after he donated his severance package to the charity yesterday afternoon. Mr. Shatter, who generously donated 70,000 euros, hoped the board would consider including his own name, Alan, into the title.."

Maybe They Can Call It The ‘Alan, Jack And Jill Foundation’ Now, Suggests Shatter | Waterford Whispers News

Ryan Tubbs

Malaysian Flight Disappearance: The Shatter Connection

Former Irish Justice Minister revealed as anonymous creator of anti-muslim "Charlie Ebdo" cartoons

Swiss Leaks: Shatter held several meetings with HSBC executives in Switzerland
"Where I keep my Jew-gold is my own business", says former minister

Revealed: Shatter's nixer as patient relations consultant at Áras Attracta

Notachipanoaktree

It is cowardice to put oneself before the demands of ones state office. A crime for which young men were taken out and shot. Aw! but cowardice is not a crime anymore, is it mister Shatter? We're were all so concerned about old soldiers, isn't that right mr. Shatter?

Casablanca

It is cowardice to put oneself before the demands of ones state office. A crime for which young men were taken out and shot. Aw! but cowardice is not a crime anymore, is it mister Shatter? We're were all so concerned about old soldiers, isn't that right mr. Shatter?
There's no arguing with that:confused:

Rocky

Good old alan,

He's taken his demotion so well that he uses every available opportunity to make things more difficult for those who cast him and his expertise aside.

This is a thread to keep log of Alan's actions since losing office which reflect badly on Enda and those who trooped through to vote confidence in him

starting with today's utterances on the wonderfully topical issue of abortion:

Abortion should be available for rape victims, says Shatter
Alan Shatter: Let people vote on issue of abortion | Irish Examiner

even stranger utterances when you consider that alan voted against Clare Daly's bill
Did you actually read the articles?

He explains why he voted against the Bill and states that he completely supports the position of the Taoiseach and the AG on the issue and states that he believes Claire Daly was wrong when she argued her bill was not unconstitutional.

He then goes on to argue the next government should hold a referendum on the issue. He's not the first in Fine Gael to say so either.

Dr Pat

Ex-Minister Shatter who

1. came up with the idea of legislating for giving adoptive rights to same sex couples, thereby taking it out of the same sex 'marriage' debate by presenting it as a fait accompli;

2. favours legislating for abortion rights;

3. made a point of fast-tracking over a short period asylum seeking and citizenship applications;

4. facilitated a huge number of applicants gaining Irish citizenship and who took great delight in publicly awarding these people their certificates.

How much, if any, consideration was given to the impact on society of these migrants, both economically or culturally, and to the short term effects for communal cohesion and solidarity?

Just how effective was the investigation and consideration of these applications and will they be the next great subjects for costly government inquiries in future years?

Will we come to regret in future years the social engineering that Shatter with backing from the Looper Party has engaged in?

Shatter - a great Irishman or just another liberal 'moderniser' or both?

Last edited:

eyelight

I guess Shatter still cannot come to terms with his removal from office.
Shatter still has an agenda to push.
Ireland's greatest traitor. What else can he drag down with him?

Analyzer

I guess Shatter still cannot come to terms with his removal from office.
I think it is also safe to assume that posters here in team Blue, are still outraged that Shatter be removed from office, despite serial ineptitude and incompetence.

Several FG-aligned posters are also mystified as to why FG should lose a minister for the fact that he behaved like a clown, and would rather that he was back in power again.

So this is not just a problem of Alan Shatter having a complex.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Alan Shatter wiping the floor with opponents of gay marriage and aspects of the upcoming family bill thingy.

Why could he not have stuck to legislating, and avoided all the controversy? A loss to politics.

Mitsui2

Alan Shatter wiping the floor with opponents of gay marriage and aspects of the upcoming family bill thingy.

Why could he not have stuck to legislating, and avoided all the controversy? A loss to politics.
Listening to that. A bravura performance. His own worst bloody enemy, that man.

happytuesdays

Shatter to personally impregnate all Irish 'infertile' women
'They haven't had the right man' explains miniature Casanova.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom