The alt-right cookbook - the Daily Stormer style guide

hollandia

An Australian Huffington Post article was brought to my attention by a fellow poster - who because of long standing and obscure OP rules, shall remain nameless - which outlines the highly recognisable traits of the far right poster.

This Is The Daily Stormer's Playbook

The article outlines many of the familiar methods of the right wing troll including, but not limited to the following areas:

• Anti Semitism
  • The "correct" use of racial epithet
  • Misogynist epithet
  • The use of meme
  • Keeping it light
  • Using mainstream media out of context to provide legitimacy

In explaining why a writer should heavily block-quote mainstream news articles, the guide notes that it allows writers to borrow some of mainstream media’s air of scrupulousness and good hygiene.
Most importantly the article exposes the MO:

Remember this style guide the next time an alt-righter says something so hammily outrageous that you begin to doubt its sincerity. This is by design. The Daily Stormer and other groups like it want you to be unsure if you should take them seriously.

Deadlock

An Australian Huffington Post article was brought to my attention by a fellow poster - who because of long standing and obscure OP rules, shall remain nameless - which outlines the highly recognisable traits of the far right poster.

This Is The Daily Stormer's Playbook

The article outlines many of the familiar methods of the right wing troll including, but not limited to the following areas:

• Anti Semitism
  • The "correct" use of racial epithet
  • Misogynist epithet
  • The use of meme
  • Keeping it light
  • Using mainstream media out of context to provide legitimacy

Most importantly the article exposes the MO:
This post and its links are required reading for Mods. Heads up - there will be an examination at the start of the forthcoming semester. Failing mods WILL be severely Stringjacked.

That is all.

mac tíre

Very interesting. Some of our resident posters' posts suddenly make a bit more sense now - in that I mean 'sense' as rumbled.

"The indoctrinated should not be able to tell if we are joking or not. There should always be a conscious awareness of mocking stereotypes of hateful racists. I usually think of this as self depreciating humour - I am a racist making fun of stereotype of racists, because I don't take myself super seriously.

This is obviously a ploy and I actually do want to gas kikes. But that’s neither here nor there."

MsDaisyC

Daily Stormer Cookbook? Let me guess, everything done in a gas oven?

che schifo

I wondered why some posters persist in spelling muslim as moslem. Obviously it's a thing for that type of person..

former wesleyan

By and large it's best to let them ramble on. Although there's a heartsinking moment when you see their names as the last poster on a thread you might be interested in.

GDPR

The polar caps are melting and drug abuse, self-harm, suicide, poverty and lawlessness are all increasing while family structures are dissolving. I'm not sure if the OP is sneering at the Daily Stormer, and yes they do justly deserve sneers, but if that is the case why wasn't this posted in chat? And if you honestly believes instead that they are some type of threat than he himself deserves sneers. The thing is Hollandia that the Daily Stormer perfectly reflect your own amorality with their version of amorality- and if anything their amorality is more noble than that of anyone who would work in Dubai for reasons other than survival or stupidity.

Dearghoul

The polar caps are melting and drug abuse, self-harm, suicide, poverty and lawlessness are all increasing while family structures are dissolving. I'm not sure if the OP is sneering at the Daily Stormer, and yes they do justly deserve sneers, but if that is the case why wasn't this posted in chat? And if you honestly believes instead that they are some type of threat than he himself deserves sneers. The thing is Hollandia that the Daily Stormer perfectly reflect your own amorality with their version of amorality- and if anything their amorality is more noble than that of anyone who would work in Dubai for reasons other than survival or stupidity.
Oh Yeah. The word 'noble', that should be in there somewhere.

Lets face it, politics is very much the art of the possible.

When your ruling class whatever it might be mentions they're about to strive for something 'noble' then it's time to take cover, or measures which put a stop to their gallop.

hollandia

Interesting. Any facts in there, ratio?

Dearghoul

Interesting. Any facts in there, ratio?
Loadsa facts actually starting with the polar caps melting.

And of course the polar caps melting leads logically to your own amorality which I note you don't deny

Back on thread I'm not at all sure that leaving the window a chink open to far right american groups (though you'd have to applaud its free speech integrity) was a particularly good move unless there were Mods enough to negate them.

Many posters on here have been ground down by repeating themselves in opposition to their ugliness and inanities.

GDPR

That's totally irrelevant to the discussion. Which is about how the alt right adviser the internet. Theology and philosophy are different fora.
Andrew Anglin (yes of course I know who he is- I wouldn't be me if I didn't) is even more irrelevant to the politics of the United States than Richard Spencer yet the US Media love to give them oh so much attention, I knew about the Alt Right since 2011 and pound to a penny you only discovered them through Hilary. Why do the US media love to give them so much attention? Because they are a useful bogeyman to keep people in line. When the Alt-Right started it was about applying French New Right and German Revolutionary Conservative ideas to American conditions but has since degenerated into bog standard WASP White Nationalism as was more or less inevitable and which I foresaw early on. Very little there to do with Ireland. However it serves as a useful bogeyman.

Last edited:

GDPR

Hardly. Standard deflection 101 :)

So very alt-right it's almost ironic...
It's not deflection it is questioning why you want the world to take the Daily Stormer so seriously and also why you would imply that it has it's minions on this forum? Very much shades of the "Reds under the beds" and the tactics used to collapse the first Labour government in Britain.

hollandia

It's not deflection it is questioning why you want the world to take the Daily Stormer so seriously and also why you would imply that it has it's minions on this forum? Very much shades of the "Reds under the beds" and the tactics used to collapse the first Labour government in Britain.
Why are you trying to drag the thread off topic with this pseudo intellectualism?

Andrew Anglin (yes of course I know who he is- I wouldn't be me if I didn't) is even more irrelevant to the politics of the United States than Richard Spencer yet the US Media love to give them oh so much attention, I knew about the Alt Right since 2011 and pound to a penny you only discovered them through Hilary. Why do the US media love to give them so much attention? Because they are a useful bogeyman to keep people in line. When the Alt-Right started it was about applying French New Right and German Revolutionary Conservative ideas to American conditions but has since degenerated into bog standard WASP White Nationalism. Very little there to do with Ireland. However it serves as a useful bogeyman.
And? What has any of this got to do with the subject matter at hand - which is the methodology employed by right wing posters?

Dearghoul

Shurrup Ratio. The nasties under the bed will want to get a word in edgeways.

Oh its just you then?

RasherHash

Hardly. Standard deflection 101 :)

So very alt-right it's almost ironic...
I don't think it's a deflection, you are using this 'Daily Stormer' as the fall guy, but as Ratio points out, you are throwing stones very much in a glass house if you are making money in an apartheid type regime such as Dubai.

On the face of it, these 'Stormer's' seem like idiots but it's easy to examine the morals of someone far, far away rather than confront the mote in your own eye :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies