• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Anti-Property Tax March......

Did you go to the Anti property tax march?

• Yes

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • No it was too wet and Leinster are playing

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • No I don't agree with the march

Votes: 47 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spidermom

Lots of appeals from Joe via Facebook etc for a good turnout tomorrow.The EU Ministers for Finance are in town BUT there is the "good" news of the repayment rescheduling.

Decent turnout....??
Good turnout....????

Ara...its raining...and I have a fair bit of ironing....???

Predictions.....?

Lain2016

Lots of appeals from Joe via Facebook etc for a good turnout tomorrow.The EU Ministers for Finance are in town BUT there is the "good" news of the repayment rescheduling.

Decent turnout....??
Good turnout....????

Predictions.....?
Tell people the good news SM, SF have promised to abolish the family home tax when they get in :)

Hitch 22

One man and his dog.
Maybe a condom wrapper will rustle by?
Not much else.

Lain2016

One man and his dog.
Maybe a condom wrapper will rustle by?
Not much else.
Long time since you've seen a condom eh Hitch, ah well ne'mind, SF are going to abolish the family home tax...tell your dog woof-woof :)

gerhard dengler

Decent turnout....??
Good turnout....????

Predictions.....?
What time is the march and where is it being held?
I ain't on Facebook.

spidermom

Oh bu**er...I'll go check and get back to you....
':)

Porkypie

Saturday 12.30 Meet garden of Rememberance, Parnell Square and march to Dublin Castle.

Tin Foil Hat

I oppose this tax and have no intention of returning my forms. But, I fear, this battle is lost. The Irish people had one great chance to bury this tax - last March. All they had to do was sit on their hands and not pay the €100. It would have been dead in the water if compliance stayed at 15-20-25%. Instead they flocked to the internet like lemmings on that last weekend.

The government will pay no attention to a march, no matter how big. The Irish political establishment treat referendums like inconvenient speed-bumps, ffs.

spidermom

Thanks for going to the trouble.
It's a tax I vehemently oppose, so I'd like to attend a public protest if possible.
And you couldnt google it...???...
No attendance at all the meetings....??

Hope theres a good turnout actually.....be in work myself....!!

gerhard dengler

This could be as big as the anti-poll tax marches in England under the evil one ;)
Let's hope so.

This tax and the way in which powers were conferred upon the Revenue to pry on already fully compliant taxpayers is beneath contempt.
That's why I created a thread about this subject last December on P.ie.

If folk object to this tax they need to make the opposition public and heard.
http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/201895-property-tax.html

Porkypie

I oppose this tax and have no intention of returning my forms. But, I fear, this battle is lost. The Irish people had one great chance to bury this tax - last March. All they had to do was sit on their hands and not pay the €100. It would have been dead in the water if compliance stayed at 15-20-25%. Instead they flocked to the internet like lemmings on that last weekend.

The government will pay no attention to a march, no matter how big. The Irish political establishment treat referendums like inconvenient speed-bumps, ffs.
50% of families who own just one house did not pay the Household Charge. Only 6% of households have registered for the property tax.

Bleu Poppy

Thanks for going to the trouble.
It's a tax I vehemently oppose, so I'd like to attend a public protest if possible.
Can we judge the effectiveness of the campaign by the fact that, within hours of a 'major' protest march, one of the most virulent critics of the government and all its actions has not heard of the latest action against its policies?

irishlinks

50% of families who own just one house did not pay the Household Charge. Only 6% of households have registered for the property tax.
The forms don't have to be back until May 7th - and some haven't even been issued yet - so 6% is quite good.

Re: the march - very little coverage in the media but there will probably be 10k at it.