• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Apocrypha

FloatingVoterTralee

Why have the Catholic Church and Protestant denominations quarreled over the centuries over the canonical worthiness of the seven books of the Apocrypha? Some of the most lyrical, poetic passages of the Old Testament are to be found in Wisdom and Ecclesiasticus, but is it the case that for all the wondrous prose contained therein, that there is little substance to advance concrete theological doctrine? Either way, perhaps the development of a standardised Christian Bible would be a first step in the advancement of ecumenism?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I'm pretty much done with the old testament myself, I dont really get christians fascination with it. We have a new testament.

2 Kings 2:23-25

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.
So basically God here tears up a bunch of kids cause they called one of his mates 'baldy'.

Anything juicy in the Apocrypha?

pragmaticapproach

I'm pretty much done with the old testament myself, I dont really get christians fascination with it. We have a new testament.

2 Kings 2:23-25

So basically God here tears up a bunch of kids cause they called one of his mates 'baldy'.

Anything juicy in the Apocrypha?
Although an atheist, I prefer the god of the old testament.:)

He knew how to put the little people in their place.

PeacefulViking

Although an atheist, I prefer the god of the old testament.:)

He knew how to put the little people in their place.
The God of the New Testament is plenty violent as well. He is going to throw people into hellfire at the last judgement, which is comin soon.

LamportsEdge

We really need a section of the forum dedicated to 'Official Psychotica'.

LamportsEdge

Mind you the Zoo would be quite apt given the presence of biblical bears.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies