• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The artist formerly known to be breathing...

derryman

And his plane made an emergency plane landing. as opposed to an unplane landing I presume.

VHF

This year has so far being surreal for the number of high profile celebrity deaths. I fear there'll be more household celebrity names as we click through the calendar this year.

statsman

Never liked his music but it is sad that so many icons are dying. RIP.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
A unique Artist. Fabulously gifted musician. A talent bomb in a tiny physical frame. Let the legend begin....

tigerben

Will here be a celeb alive by the end of the year . Loved some of his music.

derryman

I had a conversation with my son after Glen Frey of the Eagles, whose music I love,died. We noted that his passing was of some great newsworthyness and possibly rightly so. We went on then , to wonder whether or not his contribition to humanity was of any greater significance than say the ordinary tradesman. How many people are sheltered from the elements by his contribution compared to the average building worker.

R

Ramps

This year has so far being surreal for the number of high profile celebrity deaths. I fear there'll be more household celebrity names as we click through the calendar this year.
Na. You're just getting old.

Accidental sock

I had a conversation with my son after Glen Frey of the Eagles, whose music I love,died. We noted that his passing was of some great newsworthyness and possibly rightly so. We went on then , to wonder whether or not his contribition to humanity was of any greater significance than say the ordinary tradesman. How many people are sheltered from the elements by his contribution compared to the average building worker.
When 'Bob the Builder' shakes off his mortal coil, you can start a thread on it...

Never liked his music but it is sad that so many icons are dying. RIP.
He made a lot more music than he is credited with. He was anonymous on many of his projects.

I read a great story once about Sinead O'Connor visiting him after the success of her version of "Nothing Compares 2 You". I think she was hopig for a meeting of minds, but he wanted a meeting of bodies, or maybe the problem was that he didn't want a meeting of bodies. Eitherway it didn't go well, with her fleeing the place at 5am.

He was an unusual genius.

ShoutingIsLeadership

How many people who have nothing, find escape in music?

statsman

He made a lot more music than he is credited with. He was anonymous on many of his projects.

I read a great story once about Sinead O'Connor visiting him after the success of her version of "Nothing Compares 2 You". I think she was hopig for a meeting of minds, but he wanted a meeting of bodies, or maybe the problem was that he didn't want a meeting of bodies. Eitherway it didn't go well, with her fleeing the place at 5am.

He was an unusual genius.
He undoubtedly had a great talent, just not one that appealed to me.

statsman

How many more people who have nothing find shelter under the roof constructed by some unrecognised poorly paid(in comparison) insignificant tradesman?
Far fewer if you compare one successful musician to one successful craftsperson.

He undoubtedly had a great talent, just not one that appealed to me.
Aye. I'm the same way about various artists. It is possible to admire them without necessarily enjoying them. Victoria Wood, who died yesterday, was someone I never enjoyed watching, but had a phenomenal career in terms of productivity, range and appeal to people. That can only be applauded.

Not my bag at all, but plaudits are due to her.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies