The Aviva's first rugby international: Ireland vs South Africa

Stroke

A half-empty stadium against the World Champions and jerseys that can't even last a full match.

IRFU is a joke of an organisation....

Cassandra Syndrome

Spot the Difference competition time.

South African National Football (Soccer) Squad

South African National Rugby Squad

Johnny64

Old jerseys are back, what were the other ones for? IRFU merchandising money grab?

I'd say the stadium is two thirds to three quarters full. Ticketing joke is entirely the fault of the union.

Also what is Mick O'Driscol doing on the pitch?

Cassandra Syndrome

A relief to have the Rugby hordes back on the Southside anyway, and far away from me.
:) Loike..

Did they desecrate the nearby hallow sacred turf of the country muckers GAAA pub, Quinns? Or move on back to the Ivory Towers of Kielys after the "game"

stoichkov

:) Loike..

Did they desecrate the nearby hallow sacred turf of the country muckers GAAA pub, Quinns? Or move on back to the Ivory Towers of Kielys after the "game"
after the france game at croke park in 2007, my aforementioned rugger-bugger friend walked all the way across town to the beggars bush on haddington road to have a few pints.

he did however go into the hideout :eek: after another ireland game at croker subsequently.

Sync

At least Redden picked up an assist for the first try...

Shockingly once we bring on the best kicker in the country's history, he kicks a fantastic ball for Bowe to score.

SO WHY IS HE NOT STARTING???

Scipio

At least Redden picked up an assist for the first try...

Shockingly once we bring on the best kicker in the country's history, he kicks a fantastic ball for Bowe to score.

SO WHY IS HE NOT STARTING???
Because he can't tackle?

Johnny64

I really thought we were going to nick it at the end.

I don't understand what people see in Redden, he never passes from the base, always takes too much out of the ball and has an annoying penchent for stupid box kicks. Tomas O'Leary is better but is essentially the same style of player. Strings is old rope.

jacko

thousands of empty seats and yet all day it was impossible to pay €100 for a ticket.

The greedy buggers in the IRFU insisted that you buy a 2 match ticket this afternoon or nothing !

wassupdude

They did indeed

It's about 80% full from the looks of it. For a game against the World champions, that's pretty shocking. I wouldn't blame the IRFU so much for the tickets, they're having the same pressure put on them by the stadium money men as the FAI are. The financing for the stadium is shagged so they're trying to gouge the customer.

this sounds familliar, but on a grander scale!

White Horse

Hopefully, the egg-chasers didn't damage the surface for next week's FAI Cup Final.

Sync

You don't need a fly-half who can tackle. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Sexton can't or won't kick, he's not allowed to kick for his team, and you've got ROG who's got an 85% kick rate, lines up assists for fun, and makes Tommy Bowe a happier player. Worst 60 minutes in a long long time, you'd worry if that team plays like this against Arg, NZ or Oz.

This is a vastly underforming SA team and we were awful. Strings should have been on at the half instead of Redden. I don't care if Flannery's in a wheel chair, he needs to be taking the throws. **** it, give Rory Delap a cap let him do it.

Scipio

You don't need a fly-half who can tackle. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.
When the number 10 channel is being broken through at will off scrums and line-outs, I beg to differ.

Having a number 10 who can't tackle is a non-starter, at least if you wish to mix it up with the big boys.

Sexton can't or won't kick, he's not allowed to kick for his team, and you've got ROG who's got an 85% kick rate, lines up assists for fun, and makes Tommy Bowe a happier player. Worst 60 minutes in a long long time, you'd worry if that team plays like this against Arg, NZ or Oz.
We've got a 10 problem in Ireland, and have had for years. Neither Rog nor Sexton, though I thought otherwise at first, is the answer.

I don't care if Flannery's in a wheel chair, he needs to be taking the throws.
Can't disagree there.

stoichkov

that missed kick by the south african player near the end was hilarious.

haven't seen one as bad as that since kenny logan at the stade de france about 10 years ago.

former wesleyan

Worst of all is this pathetic attempt to copy NZ tactics at the scrum:-

" Look at the way McCaw isn't bound... I want youse to do it like that! "

Awful, cringemaking inferiority complex rugby.

When will they look at how the French put all eight into the scrum, ie. to push and not to faff about .

fagen

we only started to play when Sexton and Redden were with drawn my god the dublin sports media will not be pleased with Kidney for that, G Hook esquire will be having kittens in the sindo tomorrow

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies