The Aviva's first rugby international: Ireland vs South Africa

deepness

First AI game i've missed in a while. Probably wont be at the 6N games either this year which again is the first time in a while.

Went to the Munster Leinster game a few weeks ago because the tickets were relatively cheap..but wouldnt be in a hurry back to the Aviva after that. After all the money that was spent its all a bit crap. Was pretty high up in the stands and had a big ugly truss staring at me for the whole match. Couldnt see any of the screens arouind the park, was way too expensive for food and drink and there was a massive queue for both. I could put up with all that to an extent but when you don't live in Dublin you have to add the cost of transport, accomodation (if its an evening game. food drink etc)..

Also getting in and out of the place is a pain in the hole.

And they are asking 100Eu to buy a ticket and you can't even choose where you sit?
Didnt renew my IRFU supporters club membership this year either..no point when you cant afford tickets.

Regarding the game, thought Buckley is getting a harder time than he deserves. Healy was worse imo. MOD just not up to it.
Thought Sexton was poor, even taking into account the Reddan factor(who is also not up to it). Sexton looked lost imo.
Thought BOD was poor and looks a shadow of his former self.
D'arcy was also poor.
Think Kearney is a bit of one trick pony, great under a high ball but thats it and with the changes in the game i think his days are done.

But thats just me..

meriwether

He's a big lad to carry around alright so might be more suited to impact playing rather than the full 80.

I heard, must have been 6 months ago, that PoC's career was over.
Didn't believe it at the time but I'm starting to believe it.
Fingers crossed for him.
I heard he contracted MRSA.

Schomberg

Regarding the game, thought Buckley is getting a harder time than he deserves. Healy was worse imo. MOD just not up to it.
Thought Sexton was poor, even taking into account the Reddan factor(who is also not up to it). Sexton looked lost imo.
D'arcy was also poor.
Think Kearney is a bit of one trick pony, great under a high ball but thats it and with the changes in the game i think his days are done.

But thats just me..
It isn't just to you. We're a team in decline. Theres not much on the bench to replace what was a very good team. Every game seems to be just a little bit worse than the last. The set plays that they messed up in that SA game was bloody hard to watch. will be interesting to see what happens in the next few games...theres only so long Kidney can get away with spin

Schomberg

YoungLiberal

I dunno...you've written some pretty hilarious stuff yourself.
Yay! It's our resident Simple Jack! Shouldn't you be off lamenting the terrible tale of persecution endured by some obsucre Orangeman who lived in the 1850s?

Schomberg

Yay! It's our resident Simple Jack! Shouldn't you be off lamenting the terrible tale of persecution of some obsucre Orangeman who lived in the 1850s?
see!! hilarious stuff! :lol:

eyeSpy

First AI game i've missed in a while. Probably wont be at the 6N games either this year which again is the first time in a while.

Went to the Munster Leinster game a few weeks ago because the tickets were relatively cheap..but wouldnt be in a hurry back to the Aviva after that. After all the money that was spent its all a bit crap. Was pretty high up in the stands and had a big ugly truss staring at me for the whole match. Couldnt see any of the screens arouind the park, was way too expensive for food and drink and there was a massive queue for both. I could put up with all that to an extent but when you don't live in Dublin you have to add the cost of transport, accomodation (if its an evening game. food drink etc)..

And they are asking 100Eu to buy a ticket and you can't even choose where you sit?
Didnt renew my IRFU supporters club membership this year either..no point when you cant afford tickets.
The shame is that I now prefer to sit in a nice comfy pub or someone's house and watch the 3 games on in a day rather than get up early, travel for 4 hours to the match, get ripped off, freeze my a$$ off, travel 4 hours home. my carbon footprint is reduced and I save 50-70 quid on juice or train tickets.
I remember going through 5N seasons and if we scored a try it was an achievement. And I used to follow Munster when a couple of hundred watched games. That wasn't that long ago.

There simply isn't enough money to go around to follow provincial rugby and top dollar international fixtures in November. It's easy for the Dubliners to pop over to games.
I'd love to know how many 400 quid tickets they sold in Limerick and Cork. Not too many people have 4 weekends in a row free or the money for same.
85% of businesses have cancelled Christmas parties so can't see a great demand for corporate junkets to games these days either.

well done the clubs for giving the D4-centric HQ a reality check.

consultant

D'arcy was also poor.

But thats just me..

Could do with your comments over in the 'Off Topic' Sports section!!

Have to say I agree with most of your points. Reddan in particular was very poor - as well as his inadequate service, he was directly responsible for the two SA tries. Sexton hasn't learnt how to manage a game yet. He has a long way to go.

I went to the game (courtesy of two free tickets) and in three visits now have only had good seating once also at the Leinster/Munster game. At both other games I have been in the lower tier and the banking is too shallow. For anyone less than average height, it is difficult to see above the spectators in the row ahead of you. I had a 10 year-old at all three games and he had huge problems trying to see the game. Not satisfactory at any price - I would have been very peeved had I paid €200.00 last Saturday.

consultant

Perhaps Reddan and Sexton (and most of the Ireland backs) could get to this level?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6o7G4gPB8M&feature=related]YouTube - All Blacks tricks & skill at training - RD - Rugby Channel NZ advert[/ame]

And they come here next week???

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies