The Bailout BS Weekend

Now we have seen a weekend of hype, speculation and unadulterated crap on here claiming we were running to EU / ECB / IMF for a bailout when now its pretty clear we were not.

Rather we have had the ECB and others lined up demanding we take a bailout because it was causing problems elsewhere with a focused and concentrated media campaign backing this stance.

Funny that..................................NOT

Do I expect any change in the salivating idiots who have been posting on here since the first story on Friday night............... no chance but now there claims Govt was seeking it from last week have shown to be hollow.

eoghanacht

Odie the captain of the Titanic phoned he needs you to rearrange the deckchairs.

Last edited:

Fides

Now we have seen a weekend of hype, speculation and unadulterated crap on here claiming we were running to EU / ECB / IMF for a bailout when now its pretty clear we were not.

Rather we have had the ECB and others lined up demanding we take a bailout because it was causing problems elsewhere with a focused and concentrated media campaign backing this stance.

Funny that..................................NOT

Do I expect any change in the salivating idiots who have been posting on here since the first story on Friday night............... no chance but now there claims Govt was seeking it from last week have shown to be hollow.
What most of us were claiming was something was up. You're right in the sense it now looks like what was happening was everybody else was putting pressure on us to take the bailout and that continues to be the case. If a bailout occurs it doesn't really matter how it happens , it will have happened and for a period we will be told what to do and it will have a long term effect on what Ireland looks like. (Not necessarily a bad thing by the way)

What most of us were claiming was something was up. You're right in the sense it now looks like what was happening was everybody else was putting pressure on us to take the bailout and that continues to be the case. If a bailout occurs it doesn't really matter how it happens , it will have happened and for a period we will be told what to do and it will have a long term effect on what Ireland looks like. (Not necessarily a bad thing by the way)
Govt was telling the truth that we did not ask for any bailout, that must stick in the craw of many posters.

TradCat

odie1kanobe

It was worse than people thought. Our government are trying to avoid a bailout as if the ECB was a TV license inspector trying to catch them out as they peek from behind the curtains. The soldiers of the legion of the rearguard in a last pathetic stand against reality.

By the way has anybody heard from the Green Party. Are they hiding behind the couch?

eoghanacht

Govt was telling the truth that we did not ask for any bailout, that must stick in the craw of many posters.
Didn't ask for one, true. This time tomorrow we just might have one foisted upon us.

Nice to see your concern for the stste of your country amounts to scoring points on an internet forum.

Class ;)

Fides

Odie, to those of us not involved in party politics that's just spin. I presume if/when we take the money that will be the approach adopted. The end result is the same. What this country needs is some certainty, I'm in business and we need some confidence to plan the future. The bailout will give us that and force some decisions we have been putting off.

Didn't ask for one, true. This time tomorrow we just might have one foisted upon us.

Nice to see your concern for the stste of your country amounts to scoring points on an internet forum.

Class ;)
You didn't give a flying F*** about it when you spent your time thrashing it and hyping the lies of overseas media did you.

goosebump

It hardly matters at this stage.

When it became clear that their majority was sunk, the Taoiseach should have dissolved the Dail. A clear Dail majority might have been enough to swing the ship away from the ice berg. Too late now, though.

The last 3 weeks have been ignominious for us as a nation. Even now, with the shells falling within a couple of feet of the bunker, the neurotics inside are still pretending there is a way out.

I'm loath to blame what has happened over the last 3 years on individuals, but the bloodymindedness of certain individuals is now apparent, and if they have to live out their lives as pariahs, its no more than they deserve.

dresden8

You didn't give a flying F*** about it when you spent your time thrashing it and hyping the lies of overseas media did you.
Surely you mean the truth of overseas media.

The government has been discussing a bail-out.

oggy

Odie, to those of us not involved in party politics that's just spin. I presume if/when we take the money that will be the approach adopted. The end result is the same. What this country needs is some certainty, I'm in business and we need some confidence to plan the future. The bailout will give us that and force some decisions we have been putting off.
I am in business a long time and never once depended on government. Plenty of confidence around and its worth remembering most of the 300000 jobs lost in last 30 months were boom time jobs which of course are the first to be hit when bust comes along as it inevitably does

Dreaded_Estate

Like hell the government was telling the truth there were in discussion with Europe about bailout. It doesn't matter whether we asked for it we will need it.

The sovereign might survive another few months without requesting a bailout but it is almost 100% certain we will need one. Even after the fall in yields we are still hovering around 8% with even Portugal 1.2% less than us.

But the main problem right now is not the sovereign funding requirements it is the banks. The banks which this government has tied to the sovereign so if the banks need a funding bailout then in reality the sovereign needs one.

Dreaded_Estate

It hardly matters at this stage.

When it became clear that their majority was sunk, the Taoiseach should have dissolved the Dail. A clear Dail majority might have been enough to swing the ship away from the ice berg. Too late now, though.

The last 3 weeks have been ignominious for us as a nation. Even now, with the shells falling within a couple of feet of the bunker, the neurotics inside are still pretending there is a way out.

I'm loath to blame what has happened over the last 3 years on individuals, but the bloodymindedness of certain individuals is now apparent, and if they have to live out their lives as pariahs, its no more than they deserve.
Have you turned against the current government goosebump?

Surely you mean the truth of overseas media.

The government has been discussing a bail-out.
Nope it was a concerted story pushed through media late of Friday night to ensure we took it.

The fact we haven't rolled over immediately is pissing them off even further.

Fides

I am in business a long time and never once depended on government. Plenty of confidence around and its worth remembering most of the 300000 jobs lost in last 30 months were boom time jobs which of course are the first to be hit when bust comes along as it inevitably does
I don't depend on government but I am in retail and people are sitting on their hands. I don't see a great deal of confidence in my neighbours, family and friends. What they do want is an element of finality, just tell us what is going to happen, do it and let's move forward from there.

EUrJokingMeRight

Sure Odie, because whether we are 'encouraged' to take the Bailout or whether we request a bailout is the important thing here, right Odie?

Nothing to do with the minor detail that this FF government has led the country to the point where either option, being discussed and/or not discussed, is actually making headlines across the globe.

Fides

Nope it was a concerted story pushed through media late of Friday night to ensure we took it.

The fact we haven't rolled over immediately is pissing them off even further.
Who do you mean by "them" - if it is our EU partners who are going to bail us out that isn't a good idea to p*** them off.

Who do you mean by "them" - if it is our EU partners who are going to bail us out that isn't a good idea to p*** them off.
Partners !!!!!!!!!!!

Get real, we don't have partners just people who sometimes have the same shared interests.

So are we French partners when they supporting dictators in Africa ? or German partners when they selling nuke systems via Siemens to Iran.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies