The bees

hoipolloi

I planted some lavender this year, the bees loved it. Will try to plant some more bee friendly flowers next Spring.

I planted cat mint for the cats - and they love it. It's still blooming. But I was surprised to see the bees making a "bee line" for the mint too.

Also planted small sunflowers - multi-headed. Again, the bees flocked to them.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

I remember during the 70s and 80s, the front of cars used to be absolutely cover with dead insects and moths etc.
Especially, during the Summer months in the country. Attracted by the headlights no doubt.I havent seen this as much recently.

Why dont we turn our abandoned offshore islands into nature reserves for bee colonies and butterfly sanctuaries. Spend a few grand, plant suitable foliage, build some hives and let them thrive.
Excellent idea, but there is also so much we can do on the island along all the hedgerows:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irish-bees-untroubled-by-colony-collapse-1.568929

ellie08

I planted cat mint for the cats - and they love it. It's still blooming. But I was surprised to see the bees making a "bee line" for the mint too.

Also planted small sunflowers - multi-headed. Again, the bees flocked to them.
Cat mint! I never heard of it. Ill plant some of that and see what the neighbours cats make of it;).

Next year I will make an effort to plant more flowers for bees.
The lavender is beautiful - I actually bought three different types (by accident). The French Lavender is the prettiest, and the smell is divine. Speaking of cats, I think they have half killed one of the plants by sitting/p££ing on it.

It's also good to leave a shallow plate with water and sugar for tired bees - perks them up.

Karloff

The EU has sided with the giants of agribusiness and has extended the license of Glyophosphate pesticides in Europe by 5 years.

A step which supports the thesis that the ultimate evolution of the EU might be to become the US, a country ruled by corporations and lobbyists where safety and the environment are considered irrelevant.

blinding

The EU has sided with the giants of agribusiness and has extended the license of Glyophosphate pesticides in Europe by 5 years.

A step which supports the thesis that the ultimate evolution of the EU might be to become the US, a country ruled by corporations and lobbyists where safety and the environment are considered irrelevant.
The Irish people need to wise up that the Eu is just an other Empire ruled by Corporations and Lobbyists .

You’d think after having the British Empire and the Catholic Church Empire that the Irish people would wise Up !

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies