• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The benefits of immigration.

marmurr1916

balsdfjlak

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
1. By a mars bar a month, apparently, to the detriment of the economies of the countries left behind by graduates seeking meat packing and till jockey Mcjobs here.

2. Because Irish people never travel, or read world news, or watch TV of course.

3. Which is, of course, the responsibility of Irish people to provide.

To be honest, the only upside to the tidal wave of immigration that I can see is the fit Polish chicks you meet around the place.
I really hope that we can learn to circumvent the PC dogmas surrounding this issue to see it for what it really is one day - the importation of cheap labour to further enrich the sort of scum who run Irish Ferries and Gama.

BelfastSpark

marmurr1916 said:
Here are my top three benefits that immigration brings to Ireland. Anybody got more to add?

1. Improves the overall economic situation

2. Increases cultural diversity

3. Increases the standard of living of immigrants
Hera are 3 non Benefits.

1. whether there is large immigration or not, the economic situation is dependent on world markets and series of bust and boom. Immigrants thus become victims of the market in this time.

2. It is good for a healthy cosmopolitan society, however if immigration continues in such large numbers, it will quickly leads to pockets or areas of only one cultural area or the other. eg Brixton, southall etc. In Britain Christmas and easter is being realigned to not cause offence to 'other Cultures'.

3. Immigration certainly improves immigrants standards, yet leaves the native land bereft of its skilled and young folk, perpetuating ongoing poverty and underdevelopment. what Immigration does is reinforce economic state differances, where one stays rich due to the benefits of immigration (europe), the other stays poor.

its better to look at the macro or world effects of immigration, I am a frequent visitor to Mexico, and ive seen many villages empty of its menfolk, they send money to thier wives periodically which reinforces local government norms of non-investment in rural areas. As the money sent home is always dependent on seasonal work, it reinforces poverty and bad regime norms. So im saying ok, immigration is good for us, but it is a double edge blade for immigrants, leaving bad nations to come here, is simply accepting bad regime in other nations. The market doesnt rule all opinion.

Catalpa

marmurr1916 said:
Here are my top three benefits that immigration brings to Ireland. Anybody got more to add?

This should read:

1. Improves the overall economic situation for the Capitalists

2. Increases cultural adversity

3. Increases the standard of living of immigrants relative to their home countries

marmurr1916

Hi Catalpa.

Bobb

marmurr1916 said:

Do you see no downsides at all?

marmurr1916

:roll:

marmurr1916

asdfd

kerrynorth

marmurr1916 said:

(by a mars bar a month!)

(in our courts and in our prisons!)

(and to the dole queue for the indigenous population!)

feargach

You can get lots of people to work like Antarctic huskies for minimum wage while you get rich as black pudding!

THR

I am rather sceptical of immigration without any control. Well, countries like Britain, Spain, France etc, which have had colonies overseas, somewhat deserve to have immigrants from those countries they colonised, after all, they are their "own" countries so people from those countries are own people. However, countries which don`t suffer from a chronic master-complex, such as Ireland or Finland, have no moral obligation of accepting people they don`t like into their countries.

Countries such as Canada and Australia, countries made entirely up of immigrants, have deviced very intelligent point-systems for immigration so that in order to be allowed to enter the country, the immigrants skills must match those of which there is a shortage in the country.

Employers go to great lenghths about the need for immigration to meet the future labour-shortage as the baby-boomer generation is soon retiring and leaving a huge gap in the labour-market. The speculated future labour-shortage has been proved false, there will always be a labour-shortage in the low-paid jobs such as cleaners, nurses etc, but not to the extent to justify an uncontrolled influx of people, the vast majority of the main population, if not disdains, at least considers very foreign.

Large-scale immigration is a bad thing from many points of views. Someone already mentioned the brain-drain factor as it is completely insustainable that Eastern European countries year after year lose thousands of their workers in their best working age and often also some of the best brains into immigration.

Having large-scale immigration in countries such as Ireland, Norway or Finland, none of which has very long-standing traditions of immigrant communities, is detrimental from the point of view of the immigrants themselves who certainly sense that they are not very highly thought of by the main population.

Pidge

Catalpa said:
1. Improves the overall economic situation for the Capitalists
Nobody else? No overall economic benefits?

Catalpa said:
2. Increases cultural adversity
Really? I've yet to see any such "adversity" myself, but I imagine that it's there. For the most part, it's either tolerance or integration. I'm not particularly pushed either way.

Catalpa said:
3. Increases the standard of living of immigrants relative to their home countries
Eh, grand. It's still a better life, though, right?

ibis

Allows the economy to keep expanding at a rate greater than that dictated by domestic entry into the workforce.

Provides cheap employees in the bottom segments of the workforce...

...which allows the native Irish to hire cheap Polish nannies and Chinese cleaners to replace them at home, while they both work at their higher-paid and more time-consuming jobs.

Gives a nice cushion of people to let go when recession strikes.

Provides a huge base of language skills locally for companies looking to move into the rest of Europe.

Gives Catalpa something to do.

THR

It is peculiar that these "other cultures" which are offended by Christmas and Easter are or is always Islam. Or have you ever heard of a buddhist or a hindu who would be offended by christian holidays?

"When in Rome do as the Romans do", should be the motto in every country. If a christian moved to a muslim-country and would start complaining how spending ramadan offends his religious feelings, he would be told to screw himself and fvck off back to his own country.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Ultimately the immigrants (or their sprogs) will get the vote , this will help our civil war politics progess a little more.

cYp

It will allow us to get over our national inferiority complex by providing us with the illusion that lots people speaking different langauges makes Ireland in someway glamorous or modern.
It may serve to upgrade our national footballing ability- I notice there's a lot of Brazillians living down in Bray, so you'd never know.

Kev408

Catalpa said:
cyberianpan said:
Ultimately the immigrants (or their sprogs) will get the vote , this will help our civil war politics progess a little more.

cYp
More likely to increase ethnic tensions as they starting voting for those of their own kind. :?
Humans? I keep thinking we're all humans.