The "best" reasons to oppose marriage equality

We should oppose marriage equality because

• Total voters

CookieMonster

Some very compelling reasons have been proposed to convince us all of the perils of same-sex marriage in Ireland.

There have been a few really good ideas provided already and there are likely, hopefully, to be more. I propose we track some of the best reasons here.

So far we have:

1. Emulation - Gay people will make their children gay
2. Impotence - Same sex marriage will render straight men unable to perform sexually
3. Genealogical discombobulation - I'm really not sure but it's surely a terrible affliction
4. Children's rights - Something to do with not having a mammy and a daddy
5. Islamification - Um...
6. Polgamy - If we allow same sex marriage we must allow multi-partner marriage, for some reason.
7. Genetics/designer babies - No idea.
8. Morality - Presumable one with a moral objection to same sex marriage will be forced to gay-marry post referendum?
9. The constitution - A very clear and concise amendment to the constitution will actually mean all sorts of things are included for some unexplained reason by some unexplained method unknown to everybody
10. There is no discrimination - Gay people can marry opposite sex partners, just like the rest of us
11. Loads of incest - Same sex marriage will induce normal people to marry their parents for some reason
12. Nature - Really have no idea about this but it's bad, like really really bad
13. Family Values - We have them. We don't want to see men and women getting married
-
Additions not in the poll
14. Camogie - Men can't play it, which is reason enough to oppose same sex marriage
15. Perverts - They are out there and same sex marriage will allow them to adopt children
16. Lovely top hats - The gays will have the, we won't
17. A Daily Mail article - because that's the best reason for being against anything
18. The Sounds of Sodomy - Worse than Enya
19. Ladyboys - Honorable mention
20. Marriage Equality is a sham - It's all about "vindication of their sexuality" (no, no idea either!)
21. Because ultra liberal Alabama now allows same sex marriage - we don't want to be like them
22. Women will become battery chicken like baby makers - to supply babies to gays
23. Cú Chulainn - inevitable disembowelment

Last edited:

ger12

FFS Cookie ... why?????

Emily Davison

Cookie you're going to give yourself a heart attack. I have no idea why so many posters are so hateful to gays. And I don't know how you stick it day in day out on here. I know you can give it back. But honestly I count myself lucky not to be gay if I had to live in a world knowing that so many people are homophobic and worse.

How they can constantly post such bile, such vile remarks. It's just so absolutely horrid and hateful. What kind of people are they in their real lives.

statsman

[video=youtube;Z0GFRcFm-aY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY[/video]

statsman

I voted for all of them; you can never be too careful.

'orebel

Why is there no 'all of the above and more besides' option?

GDPR

I've added a poll... it's multiple choice so you can vote for more than one excellent reason.
Yet more abuse of your position CM.

Lets see if the other mods put up with you this time as they did for your last equally stupid and self-serving poll.

Emily Davison

I've added a poll... it's multiple choice so you can vote for more than one excellent reason.
I think you should add another box.

Box: Love the gays,Yes for gay marriage hatred on p.ie to stop.

CookieMonster

Cookie you're going to give yourself a heart attack. I have no idea why so many posters are so hateful to gays. And I don't know how you stick it day in day out on here. I know you can give it back. But honestly I count myself lucky not to be gay if I had to live in a world knowing that so many people are homophobic and worse.

How they can constantly post such bile, such vile remarks. It's just so absolutely horrid and hateful. What kind of people are they in their real lives.
I join with my brothers and sisters of all orientations to mock and laugh in the face of such nonsense. I think it's the least I can do.

No risk of a heart attach though... at least not from this. My life is filled with wonderful people from all walks of life. I'm even going to a same-sex wedding this year which I am very excited about!

'orebel

Too many clicks for ya, saviour boy?
It's Monday. I've extended the sabbath until midday due to a particularly enjoyable weekend. This 2020 year old body of mine just isn't up to it anymore.

CookieMonster

Lets see if the other mods put up with you this time as they did for your last equally stupid and self-serving poll.
Fúck off, Tonic.

Goa Tse

Camogie.
Definitely unnatural. I bet St Breda of Iona herself never played it.

D

Deleted member 17573

He must have dirt on the mods on something to say he hasn't been demodded and banned. Wonder if it's their HSBC accounts?:D

statsman

It's Monday. I've extended the sabbath until midday due to a particularly enjoyable weekend. This 2020 year old body of mine just isn't up to it anymore.
So, it's true that absolute power corrupts absolutely?

'orebel

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies